You added Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Virginia Beach
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Nice new hotel for fairly cheap price. Staff friendly (and pretty too) and room clean with free parking. I left before breakfast was available so I can't rate it. I had a king suite with couch, microwave and fridge (not sure how I manage to pull that one off) and it was overall very nice. If you want of view you might want to go somewhere else but if you want a nice hotel at a good price staying here is a great option.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Justin S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
You probably had a complimentary upgrade for being a Diamond member for HHonors. I recommend everyone to join the free membership to acrue points and airline miles. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the suite room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Vail, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I will almost always stay at a Hampton Inn if given the choice, and it's on my preferred list of hotels when traveling for business. Generally speaking, Hampton Inns are clean, comfortable, and predictable.

We spent three nights at this hotel pre-cruise, and agree with other reviewers that it's a good value for the money considering the outrageous prices for hotels downtown. The rooms are new, smell and look clean, the breakfast area in the lobby is spacious, and the hotel offers free shuttle service to the light rail link and a few restaurants in the immediate area. Downsides are no refrigerator and microwave in the standard guest rooms -- we're used to that amenity in a Hampton Inn and missed it.

Overall, my wife and I highly recommend this hotel as a reasonable alternative to the expensive ones downtown. It takes about 30 minutes and $2.50 to get downtown on the light rail, which is convenient and cost-effective.

On the breakfast: it's strictly Hampton Inn usual fare. If you've stayed at a Hampton Inn anywhere else, you'll recognize the food: scrambled eggs that have the consistency of having been powdered at one point, little cheese omelets produced by a big machine in a factory (Sysco, probably) and then packaged for warming up, and the usual assortment of juices and muffins, as well as the obligatory waffle machine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
It means a great deal to be compared to other Hampton Inns from someone who stays at Hampton Inns at other locations. We do not have refrigerators and microwaves in our standard room but all of our suites have them. Thank you for sharing the info about lightrail.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had an extremely pleasant stay at this hotel during our four night visit in the Seattle area. Our junior suite was very comfortable, exceptionally clean, and the bed was outstanding for a great night's sleep. Complimentary WiFi was appreciated. The location was perfect for our purposes and convenient to getting downtown as well as visiting Mount Rainier. Shuttle service was also reasonable and perfect for getting to the pier for our cruise to Alaska. Only some small negatives that would not prevent a return stay or our recommendations: no bathmat in the tub, had to request extra towels a couple of times, breakfast area was very full and hard to find seating three of our four mornings, and there is no in-room combination-lock safe to protect belongings. We highly recommend this Hampton!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate the compliments and the negatives. Negatives give us the opportunity to better ourselves. We are one of the largest Hampton Inns and therefore we built one of the largest lobby. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have seating. We don't have safes in the guestrooms but we do have safety boxes available at the front desk. We will continue to improve our hotel with comments given to us. Thank you.
Churchville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here the night before our flight back home. You can't get much closer the airport than this property. Free shuttle took less than 10 minutes door to door.

Our room was very clean, fresh, modern and comfortable with all of the amenities we needed during our stay. The beds were very comfortable and made for a great nights sleep. Note: This property is literally at the end of one of the airport run ways. There are some concerns on here about noise which is probably true if your room is in the front of the hotel. We had a room in the back and never heard any plane noise.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. There is a nice in-door pool which was very clean. Complimentary breakfast was average. On our only day there, there were no meat items, though she said they wee served on Thursdays.

The pc's in the business center are REALLY SLOW! It took 15 minutes to download and print our boarding passes. The hotel is short walk to Dave's Diner which I recommend I you take your rental car back early or don't have a vehicle at the hotel.

Overall, this is a great value if you need a room near the airport and I highly recommend staying at this property.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back of the hotel for a quiet stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for all your feedback. Usually the business center is not that slow. I know that we had to call tech support last week due to someone downloading some virus. I'm not sure if that was the time you happen to use it but my sincere apologies for that. Again, thank you for all your positives.
Philadelphia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had a great experience at the Seattle Airport Hampton Inn. They offer free shuttle bus service to and from airport. Staff is courteous, knowledgeable and efficient. Complimentary breakfast is great. We stayed here the night before our flight to Philadelphia. It is only a five minute free shuttle bus ride to the airport so very convenient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I hope your flight went well. Thank you for your posting. Usually it takes 10 to 15 minutes to get into the airport. I'm happy to hear that it was quicker for you. Please come stay with us soon.
Aberdeen, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Best customer service! We stayed here the weekend before thanksgiving. We had the park n fly package. I flew out on the weekend but my husband didn't fly out until the night before thanksgiving. The hotel staff easily accommodated my husband coming back 3 days later to park our car and leave it for the week. The underground gated garage is great and very secure. The hotel is brand new and beautiful. It felt like staying at a Hyatt regency instead of a 2 1/2 star Hampton. The breakfast buffet was excellent. Great variety of both hot and cold foods. I had 2 large suitcases, stroller and car seat and my 2 year old. While we were eating the van driver came and took all our baggage out to the hotel shuttle for me. Then I accidentally left my sons bottle in our room after we checked out. I asked the front desk if I could go back to my room. Instead if dragging my toddler back to the room, they immediately sent someone to get it for me. The most amazing part of their customer service is when my husband returned to the hotel the night before thanksgiving to park the car and shuttle to the airport. He got stuck in traffic. He had an hour til his flight departed and was still stuck in traffic miles from the hotel and airport. I was able to call ahead and the front desk staff had the airport shuttle ready and waiting for him right when he pulled into the hotel. He barely made his flight thanks to the extra efforts of front desk staff and shuttle driver. They were amazing! I can't wait to stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed November 2012
Never too late. It seems like forever when I think about last Thanksgiving. Nonetheless, thank you for remembering us and posting your past stay. It means a great deal to hear that our staff went beyond for you. We look forward to seeing you again also.
Auburn, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very close to the airport and easy to get to area attractions. We had two larger rooms there and both were excellent. Hotel is quite new and everything was nice. Next time we're in Seattle this will likely be where we stay.

Room Tip: Call and ask as there are different room sizes even in the same class of room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
We also hope you stay with us again when your in Seattle area!