“Good airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
“Good airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Believe what you read on Trip Advisor - this hotel is definitely one of the nicer options around Seatac. I had to wait 40min for a shuttle when I arrived around 10:30pm on a Friday night. That seemed excessive. My king suite room was gigantic! Very comfy bed. Overall, a pleasant place to spend the night.

I was in charge of a group meeting being held here. The sales staff had a lot of turnover in the 4 months leading up to our event, but they mostly managed to pull off what we needed. I had to provide some direction to on-site staff, like asking them twice to empty the garbage in our meeting room. This hotel is fine for a meeting if you have a laid-back group. But I wouldn't recommend holding an event here for demanding clients.

• Stayed June 2013
Justin S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for saying that we are one of the nicer options in SeaTac. I apologize for having you wait at the airport for so long. It usually takes 15 minutes to get into the airport but if they have other restaurant runs, they can be a little longer. Nonetheless, my apologies. Thank you also for using our meeting space. I do want to make it clear that we have been open for one year and my Sales Manager has not changed. She has been with me the whole time. What you might be referring to is that our sister properties in the area share Sales Managers to sell our hotels. They have changed but not our own Sales Manager. We will work hard to provide the best experience when it comes to meeting space. We hope you will remember us next time you neet meeting space.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Port Townsend, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I spent one night prior to an early morning flight. The shuttle drivers were prompt and courteous. The check-in clerk was friendly. The room (third floor) was very clean and quiet (this was a Wednesday night). I left at 5:30am so I did not sample breakfast but there was coffee available. Overall good experience.

Room Tip: I think my room was 336 or 337.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Justin S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We are pleased to hear that you had a good experience. I will pass along to the shuttle drivers and staff the compliments. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you on your next lay over.
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel was terrible. Strangers walking into our room as we try to relax. The hotel gave another family same key card as ours. Dryers didn't work had wet clothes. Staff very rude and disrespectful. General manager stated to me on the phone he doesn't care these things happened he hopes we never return to his hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I would never respond to make excuses or explain myself but I do want to make clear that our reputation should be based on our record. Our hotel is ranked 1st or 2nd always on TripAdvisor. We have many feedbacks that clearly state what kind of hotel we have. We have 2 dryers on 2nd floor and 2 on 4th floor. They get tons of usage on them. Just to make a point. Because guest complained, we dried her clothes in our hotel dryer. We also refunder her stay. it is hard to see that even with this much service we are given a bad name. Thank you to all who have written reviews to offset this one.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

everything to like nothing to not like - rate is a little high so ask for AAA or something to get it down to where it should be. Usual dependable hampton inn experience - no "full service hotel" BS - free parking, free wifi, free breakfast so you are not nickel and dimed at every turn. The rooms are great - the rate I paid is high but if you have AAA or Government rate or some discount you can get it where it should be - that was my only complaint - even though its close to the airport the noise was pretty low - maybe request a room facing away from the airport to cut down on noise from runway takeoffs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

van nuys
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great staff. We arrived three hours before our check in time and they gave us a room without additional charges. Very friendly staff and very helpful. Free shuttles to nearby businesses. The furthest one will take you a mile out. It was very convenient though for the shuttle to take us to the airport, as it is not as close as it seems when you are walking around with luggage. The room was even better than I expected, very clean and spacious. They had free buffet style breakfast which I was expecting. breakfast is from 5-10 . Overall, I was very happy with my stay there and I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Justin S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I'm happy to hear that we were able to check you in early. We try very hard to check guest in early as the rooms come available. I know that I can appreciate that so we do our best to make that happen. Thank you also for added your picture on the posting. It is a great picture of our King size bed with the comforter. Thank you.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay at this Hampton Inn. It seemed rather new and was fresh in every way.

The room was spotless. We loved the fresh duvet cover they put on the bed for each guest. Nothing grosses me out more than sharing a bedspread with previous guests.

The breakfast exceeded our expectations. The western omelet was fantastic along with a great selection of muffins, breads, waffles and cereals. Everything was delicious and well-presented.

My only issue with the entire stay was that the air conditioner was difficult to manage. It was either too hot or too cold in the room. I kept pushing the up and down arrows, but couldn't seem to regulate the temperature. It was really no big deal since the fluffy comforter kept us warm.

Had no problems with the hotel airport shuttle. They came to get us promptly and were available for our return trip when needed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Justin S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Hampton is well known for the fresh duvet covers. We changed them for each guest. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and your stay. I apologize you had some difficulties with the temperature. The control might not have been on auto. Please ask the front desk next time you come and stay with us.
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Visited Seattle with my family. Nothing but great things to say about my stay. Staff was awesome and the rooms exceeded my expectaions. Two thumbs up! Minor recommendation but the breakfast scrambled eggs needs some work.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I will take the two thumbs up. Thank you. Unfortunately, I can't do much with the eggs. It is a Hampton standard. I hope you enjoyed many of the other items we offered during breakfast.

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave? Share your experiences!