“Paper thin walls but new clean and close to Seatac” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   18850 28th Avenue South, SeaTac, WA 98188   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 34 hotels in SeaTac
Buford, GA
“Paper thin walls but new clean and close to Seatac”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

So being close to seatac is good and bad all on its own. I'm sure most hotels have a lot of plane noise as outside the planes are extremly loud but it seams the newer hampton inns have the thinnest walls. Usualy when I stay at one I get irritated with people's cars locking and doors slaming in the middle of the night. Oh how I wished for that when I stayed at the Hampton seatac. I would am staying again later in the week but next time I will try to find somewhere a little farther out so I can get more sleep and not hear the Jets flying over my head. Bottom line the hotel is clean, new, good service, close to seatac airport but has very thin walls and you will hear the jets. You decide.

• Stayed April 2013
Justin S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I have not heard that many complaints regarding the noise. My recommendation is to ask for a first floor room if you can hear the planes. The first floor rooms have a higher ceiling and tend to block off the noise a little more. I apologize for the noise from the planes. I hope your next stay will be better.

549 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The room was small, the pool was good for the kids. The bedding was nice and comfy. We did the park and fly. Great option, slightly pricey, but so convenient. Shuttle service worked well. Breakfast was ok, at least it was included. Parked underground without issue. The one restaurant we ate at when we returned was called The Lemongrass (in Tukwila). I do recommend this Vietnamese Restaurant

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I've never heard of the restaurant called Lemongrass. I will have to check it out. Thank you.
Edwardsville, Kansas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was amazing, My suite was perfect and very clean. Breakfast was different each morning which was a bonus. The only neg abut the hotel is there was a swimming pool, bot no hot tub. Other then that, no complaints at all!

Room Tip: Get the suite. They are huge and well worth it!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
So glad to hear that you enjoyed the suites and felt it was worth the cost. I too think that the suites are worth it due to size and getting a refrig/microwave. We love hearing the words amazing and perfect. We hope to see you again soon. Sorry about not having a hot tub.
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here with the family for one night after arriving late into SeTac airport. The hotel lives up to its glowing reviews on Trip Advisor as a top pic near Seattle airport. Here are the highlights--and a few minor items.

Rooms: Clean, well lit and reasonably sized. Beds are new and comfortable. In room amenities are basic but sufficient.

Staff: All were very pleasant and helpful. The front desk gave my daughter a pencil so she could do her homework and the breakfast staff were very responsive to requests (mine and other guests).

Breakfast: While I didn't stay here for the free breakfast (and can't compare it to other Hampton Inns since I don't stay often)--I was pleasantly surprised. Reasonable choice, fresh food and kids loved it.

Fitness Center: Clean, new cardio equipment and roomy. It didn't have a full complement of weight equipment but did have some light weights to break a sweat. Most importantly, it was clean and well kept. Bonus points for the staffer who replaced the water bottle during my 30 minute workout--without me requesting it.

The only minor issue is a common one in all hotels--the cleaning service knocking on the door early in the AM. In this case, it was partially my bad for not posting the do not disturb hanger on the door but they knocked at 8 AM--after a late night getting in. It might be a record for that dreadful knock and chant of "housecleaning.." which woke up the kids. But all said, that was on me as well. Just note that if you want to sleep a little--make sure you put the sign on the door.

Bottom Line: If you need a clean, reasonably priced hotel to stay in near SeaTac--this Hampton Inn is a great choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
It is great to put a face to a posting. I was standing at the front desk when one of our front desk agents gave your daughter the pencil. I'm glad she was able to use it. Thank you so much for stating that we live up to the reviews. It means a lot to us. Thank you also for adding your comments as well. I do apologize for the morning wake up. I couldn't agree with you more that guest should use their do not disturb signs. It is a great way to let us know that you don't want to be bothered. Thank you so much for all your comments.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton overnight before leaving for a two week vacation. Parking is secured and a reasonable price for two weeks. The hotel is new and very clean. Staff are great - friendly and very fast on check in. Breakfast is good too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your posting.
West Tisbury, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Enjoyed a one night stay at this newer airport hotel. The shuttle was prompt and courteous in both directions and even dropped me at an nearby restaurant for dinner. The breakfast room was well-stocked and clean, the breakfast items fresh; they even had hot oatmeal, my favorite. Rates were reasonable and a good value. I travel through Seattle several times a year on my way to visit family in the San Juan Islands and will plan to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
The oatmeal is definitely a favorite. People like the fact it is fresh and hot. It isn't one of those pouches where you add your own hot water. We also have many topping options. We hope to see you often on your way to San Juan Islands. See you soon.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is an excellent hotel! Very comfortable and a friendly, helpful staff. By far the best breakfast we've ever had at a hotel! We stayed at this hotel because we were flying out of SeaTac Airport, and they provided a fast and friendly, free shuttle service. Great location to the airport and shopping.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Justin S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Not too many people rate best for breakfast because they have things to complain about. They are looking for certain types of food. We follow the Hampton standards and provide the best service possible so it means a great deal when you comment to us about breakfast. We, too feel that we provide a great free breakfast.

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave? Share your experiences!