“Pearls to swine needs more upgrade” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Seattle Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   16500 Pacific Hwy S, SeaTac, WA 98188   |
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Mount Shasta, California
“Pearls to swine needs more upgrade”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Having stayed in some motel 6 where the new upgrades were matched by cleaning and staff who really took pride in there work , and you knew they cared, this motel 6 has not caught up to that. The room was dirty in multiple ways. The internet goes in and out and is very slow.
The front desk person, angel seemed a good guy, but like the molasses of the internet, some things seem to move slow here, and unlike angel, business seemed to come before people staying here with some , though still nice, a different priority

Room Tip: Some rooms are better sound, and cleanliness than others
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I will as someone who has used Motel 6 for at least the last 15 years, I was incredibly disappointed with the level of professionalism exhibited by the night crew and the manager. Basically, Motel 6 booked a friend and I for two nights in Seattle. They had messed up by removing the belongings of my friend from their room and locking them out of their room. After 45 minutes trying to get the room back (and being told it was unavailable) they gave us the scheduled room. I had written a letter to the manager (ET) and he answered very politely about how we would look into it, resolve the situation, and looked forward to our future business. Flash forward three days and the manager(ET) put us on the "Do Not Rent" list the day before we had one more night scheduled. Motel 6 has been a solid company that I have used for many roadtrips based on their reputation, cost effectiveness, and amenable staff (for example, J was very pleasant at this location). However, I highly recommend you find another location to stay at while you enjoy wonderful Seattle.

Room Tip: Make sure they do not cancel your reservation without notifying you.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel is pretty close to SeaTac and in a decent location, although I wouldn't consider it super safe. There are restaurants within quick walking distance, which makes this a good place to park, eat, and sleep for the night before continuing on in your travels around the Seattle area. It was fine and comfortable enough for a night's stay, but I can't say I'd use it for more than a night's sleep after a long travel day.

We did have one big hiccup. When we arrived to check in, we were told that management had recently had all the carpets cleaned and that it was taking longer than expected to dry. As a result, the carpet in our room was still wet. Not really something you want to hear after stepping off an airplane at 8pm. Amazingly, management told us they would comp us the room for the inconvenience, so we ended up spending the night for free. Really surprising but fantastic costumer service, which was much appreciated. Plus, it's nice to know that they deep clean the rooms now and then.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is the worst Motel 6 ever! They were sold out and tried to put me in a smoking room, I refused so,they put me upstairs a real challenge with 3 heavy bags and no elevator. I went in the room and someone was already there. I called from the room and they said I had to go all the way back down to the office. They gave me another room, first floor and it was occupied. Then the found a 3rd room upstairs again, by then it was well past 2 am for me. Dingy room with a hole in the curtains. No shuttle from the airport, cab was &9 for 1/2 mile. Would have been better off spending the extra $10 for a hotel with a shuttle they would hold the room I reserved and offered an elevator.
Ugh!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here! At least be on the back if you do, the highway is so loud. Upstairs you c...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

nice location,next to the airport,10 minute drive to Westfield South center Mall which is awesome ,clean room,safe area,Dennys is 3 minutes away ! would stay at this hotel again,good value for the money.

Room Tip: second floor in the back.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

A very clean, well located Motel 6. Beds a bit too firm for our liking, but for a basic safe clean well located place to spend the night on your way in and out of Sea-Tac Airport this property was perfect.

• Stayed September 2013
Overton, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Best Motel 6 experience I've ever had. The room was very plain but more functional than most motel rooms. Open drawers and shelf so you could see everything and not forget anything. The floor was a hard floor instead of carpet so I didn't feel like I was pick up foot fungus if I walked around with no shoes. Its was very simple yet modern and user friendly. Plus the front desk was very nice and we got a courtesy call just to check that the room was to our liking once we checked in. I really appreciated that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!