“Double-charged” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Kirkland, Washington
“Double-charged”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I booked a room for someone else using my credit card. When I got my statement I noticed 3 charges from this motel, two of which were not mine. I phoned, was put on hold forever, and told someone would call back. Several days later no one had called so I phoned again and talked to the manager. She was unable to help then, and again I was made to hold a very long time. I volunteered to fax my credit card statement to show the charges which she encouraged me to do. Six days later still no response so I phoned and was told the incorrect bills had been credited to my account. I had asked them to let me know what they were doing, but the manager basically said she had a lobby full of people and no time to talk on the phone. They have a real problem with being understaffed or incompetent, not sure which. I'm glad they corrected their error but it took me a lot of time to see that it happened. I won't book a room there again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

When traveling we always try to find a Motel 6. We have always been pleased with the staff, the fact that they are AARP friendly both with rates and free internet. It was close to many restaurants, shopping mall very close and just a short ride into downtown Seattle.

Room Tip: Close to airport and staff were friendly. We spent the total of 6 nights here while in Seattle. Alwa...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Kennewick, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This place is a dump. This motel is old needs renovation.Bleach smell was overwhelming when we walked in the room. No carpet floor has a gross. Shower curtain rings rusted and gross looking.cold shower the next morning. Would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I guess a motel is not a hotel, but I did not expect all those things you see in movies. Drugged neighbours, prostitutes in a car outside, paper thin walls, dirty sheets and noise 24/7. As all of Seattle was totally booked, this was our only choice. We booked a non-smoking, but they only had smoking when we arrived. They blamed it on the internet booking. They also gave us double the price which the website posted. We got it down though.

All in all an experience, but I would have rather slept in the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cody, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

The room and personal service were OK. The problem I had was having to pay $10 more than was advertised online. Then after several back and forth calls they seemingly said they would honor the price, at a different Motel6 which would have required a taxi fee. Took more time back and forth to get that cancelled as the local clerk did not have any discretion to make it right. Neither did the rep at the Corporate Guest relations phone number later. Due to the time it took, I needed a room and paid the higher price. Guess Motel6 needed my extra $10 more than 1 more satisfied customer to post a better review. If they do not want to honor a price on the web, why post it???

• Stayed June 2014
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This place is horrible,unsafe, dirty and if you like sleeping on a table top with a mattress on it then this is the place for you! I would never recommend this place to anyone. Sleeping in the car would have been better than this place. Anyone can walk into this place it is not secure at all. Also we were getting ready to go out for the day and the cleaning lady came, we asked to come back and she huffed and puffed about having to come back (It was only 9am). There is also a lot people living at the motel not just for a vacation. We also saw a few ladies of the night as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Friendly front desk service from LaDonna.
The room was what you'd expect for $60/night: basic. Clean and bug-free which I like.
Decent coffee, Subway and a gas station/convenience store across the lot, if that's your thing.
The neighborhood seemed decent: I didn't see any shady characters lurking about.
The I-5 is right there which is great for an overnight stop, though you will hear the traffic noise, but to me it was just background. It didn't affect my sleep.
Don't spend a romantic night here, but for everything else it's perfect.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Seattle Sea-Tac Airport South? Share your experiences!