“Got the price run around!” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Seattle Sea-Tac Airport South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   18900 47th Ave S, SeaTac, WA 98188   |
Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Cody, Wyoming
“Got the price run around!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

The room and personal service were OK. The problem I had was having to pay $10 more than was advertised online. Then after several back and forth calls they seemingly said they would honor the price, at a different Motel6 which would have required a taxi fee. Took more time back and forth to get that cancelled as the local clerk did not have any discretion to make it right. Neither did the rep at the Corporate Guest relations phone number later. Due to the time it took, I needed a room and paid the higher price. Guess Motel6 needed my extra $10 more than 1 more satisfied customer to post a better review. If they do not want to honor a price on the web, why post it???

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This place is horrible,unsafe, dirty and if you like sleeping on a table top with a mattress on it then this is the place for you! I would never recommend this place to anyone. Sleeping in the car would have been better than this place. Anyone can walk into this place it is not secure at all. Also we were getting ready to go out for the day and the cleaning lady came, we asked to come back and she huffed and puffed about having to come back (It was only 9am). There is also a lot people living at the motel not just for a vacation. We also saw a few ladies of the night as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Friendly front desk service from LaDonna.
The room was what you'd expect for $60/night: basic. Clean and bug-free which I like.
Decent coffee, Subway and a gas station/convenience store across the lot, if that's your thing.
The neighborhood seemed decent: I didn't see any shady characters lurking about.
The I-5 is right there which is great for an overnight stop, though you will hear the traffic noise, but to me it was just background. It didn't affect my sleep.
Don't spend a romantic night here, but for everything else it's perfect.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Solana Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Awesome service by Ashley, the girls at the front desk. From the shuttle picking me up at the airport to the wake up call to the taxi waiting for me when I needed to leave the next morning, service was perfect. Super clean. I only stayed here because the Marriott, where I was staying for the next few nights, was booked on the first night of my business trip. So was everything else in the entire city. It's still a motel with thin walls,quite a bit of noise, no amenities like a hair dryer, etc. but if I ever had to stay in a motel in this city, this is where I would stay. I did get in late and left very early so I can't comment on the neighborhood or the surrounding area. I didn't see or pay attention to that at all. Overall, for a motel, GREAT experience...and it was mostly due to Ashley.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Very clean, beds were comfortable. Heater works great, which was handy after coming from a cold, wet softball tournament around the corner at the park. Walls a little thin, and you can't take a warm shower for long. No frills, no extras, just a warm, safe, comfortable place to rest. I'd come here again.

Stayed March 2014
Dawn L, General Manager at Motel 6 Seattle Sea-Tac Airport South, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the 4690 Seattle. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Dawn Larson
Tigard, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Motel 6's are known for being inexpensive, but that doesn't mean it has to be barebones, just as a place to sleep. Motel 6 has come a long way, and this property is fantastic. The company that owns Motel 6 has been modernizing many Motel 6 chains across the US with more inviting, modern rooms. Before you had a bed, dresser and TV set and that was about it. Now you get an HDTV, more comfortable beds, multiple electrical outlets (hotels seem to be lacking nowadays), and a more inviting room style. This facility is both smoking and non-smoking, and while you can smell cigarette smoke in the halls, I had a non-smoking room and did not smell anything bad. While the price I paid was good, I wished to have a bit more in terms of amenities such as a clock/radio, hair dryer and shampoo no less. You do get a lot for what you pay for in this instance, and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Dawn Larson
Driggs, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My 4 year old daughter and I stayed at this hotel on our way home from a trip to Alaska, we had been traveling 12 hours and had an overnight layover in Seattle. I was looking for something inexpensive and convenient because we were basically just sleeping here. I called for the complimentary shuttle service and was told they would arrive in 10 minutes... 45 minutes to an hour later they finally arrived (I should have just taken a taxi) Upon arrival the evening of 3/21/14 the guy at the customer service counter was very professional and nice. He gave us our room key and I thought we could settle in. The room was so stinky I actually had to request a different room. Although the room was supposed to be non-smoking it absolutely wreaked of cigarette smoke and some kind of spray that had likely been used to cover up the stench. I ordered pizza to the room and that took an hour and 15 minutes to arrive and then after that I requested to trade rooms. The guy at the front desk was kind once again and gladly traded me rooms. Once in the new room the smell was much better but I had to leave the fan running all night because there were people coming in and out of the surrounding rooms (which I assume they live in) all night long. The bedding was wrinkled up as though someone had previously slept in the beds, and there were crumbs inside the sheets. I felt like a needy customer asking for yet another room exchange so I just dealt with it. I did not feel safe roaming around this neighborhood and was glad the leave the next day. I was told that the shuttle service ran from 6am-11am and nobody mentioned that it was only on the hour...so I missed the 6am shuttle and called a cab the next morning. There were two women at the front desk, one was very helpful and gave me the number for the cab service but the other one was the worst customer service ever!!! She treated me like I was completely stupid for missing the shuttle and rolled her eyes at me when I asked about a local taxi service. All in all this was one of the worst hotel experiences ever!!! Don't take children here because there are shady characters all over the place, don't get me wrong...a few people were kind but when I say few i mean FEW! I will NEVER go here again, and I will warn others against it. I would have rather slept on a chair in the airport than wasting my money on this terrible hotel.

Room Tip: Scary location, smells like cigarettes, noisy
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dawn L, Manager at Motel 6 Seattle Sea-Tac Airport South, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the 4690 Seattle. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Been to Motel 6 Seattle Sea-Tac Airport South? Share your experiences!