“better than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Seattle/Sea-Tac International Airport

You added Days Inn Seattle/Sea-Tac International Airport to your Saves list
Days Inn Seattle/Sea-Tac International Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19015 International Blvd. South, Hwy-99S & S 188th SE, SeaTac, WA 98188   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Philadelphia
“better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Truth be told, I didn’t really choose this hotel; I was bidding online and the winner was the days inn seattle airport
I was in transit and didn’t want to spend too much on a hotel room.
I was picked up at the airport and the check in was smooth; the room had a Jacuzzi in it and was comfortable.
I had breakfast in the morning and the shuttle dropped me back to the airport.
This hotel was better than I thought; this is worth a try.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Bonney Lake
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We had to fly out from SeaTac airport early in the morning and chose among the many motels around the area a Day's Inn. We called ahead and told the receptionist we would be leaving our car for nearly a week and inquired whether they could accomodate us. "Sure! No problem!" was the cheerful answer. The charge would be $8 per night for parking. We said fine and made our reservation to stay there. When we arrived, we were told to park our car in the covered area which we did. We again explained we had arranged to leave our car there for several days. We were cheerfully told that that was not a problem. Curiously, though, the paperwork we needed to fill out for extended parking could not be located. We were told not to worry, we could do it in the morning before we left for the airport.

In making our way to our room, the odor of "old motel" was strong and reflected the general condition of the facility. However, our room was adequate and clean.

Come morning, I hurried down at 5AM to checkout and take care of the parking paperwork. I was shocked to learn from the girl behind the desk that we would not be able to park our car on the premeses and that we would have to find parking elsewhere. Too bad, so sad! It was obvious nothing I could say was going to change her mind. "All of the available parking slots were filled," she explained, despite the fact there were plenty of parking slots available.

We were now faced with having to scramble for parking in less than 15 minutes before our shuttle left for the airport. Catching a later shuttle meant we would risk missing our flight.

We noticed a motel next door that we hoped might be able to help us. We rushed over and were told that for $6.50 a night they would let us leave our car with them. They then used their own shuttle to get us to the airport with a little time to spare. I wish we had stayed with them!

Room Tip: Right next door to the Day's Inn Motel is the Sea-Tac Crest Motor Inn. They went the extra mile...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Victoria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

We overnighted prior to catching an early flight and had booked ahead. The price was reasonably cheap and the hotel was easily accessed and convenient to the airport, to Park n'Jet (where we stored our car), and to several sit-down or fast-food restaurants suitable for a variety of tastes. The breakfast bar wasn't as good as many we've experienced; only one waffle machine (overwhelmed by guests), no yogurt or fruit to speak of, etc. We didn't starve, but hoped for better. The room and beds were comfortable and clean, but the towel rack was barely attached to the bathroom wall. Our room was not very quiet; normal conversation in the hall by late arrivals was easily heard as were early-morning showers in adjacent rooms. It didn't bother us in this case, but a light sleeper might want some foam earplugs if they need their sleep. Checkout service was efficient and friendly. All in all, we got what we expected.

Room Tip: Our plane-spotting son appreciated the view from the 4th floor on the north side
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
aminjkin, Manager at Days Inn Seattle/Sea-Tac International Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Hello - Thank you for your honest review.
We will check into perhaps obtaining another waffle machine and I will personally check into he lack of fruits - We carry 2 kinds of fruits so I am not sure what happened that day.
Please know that all suggestions and areas for improvement are carefully considered. We hope that if you are ever in the area again and in need of a place to stay, you will give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is a midscale hotel. There is nothing cheap nor too fancy about this place and it is reasonably priced.
The bonus is with the employees. From our arrival and pick up at the airport to the time we left, the staff was wonderful.
The shuttle driver took our luggage at the airport and dropped them straight onto the rack in our room.
The lobby personnel kept my fish frozen until we departed and recommended a nice restaurant where the hotel van dropped us off and picked us up again.
We don't really plan on being back in Seattle but if we do, we will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

The hallway of the 4th floor of this hotel is dark and dingy....and dirty. The electrical outlets in my room are so worn that the plugs to my electronic devices keep falling out of them. The elevator sounds like it is going to fall apart at any moment when you ride in it. The service was great and cheerful. This place is cheap, and there is a reason why. Find someplace else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We chose this hotel for free breakfast and proximity to the Thrifty Parking Rental. We stayed here on a Sunday Night, arriving late afternoon. Our checkin was fine, quick and easy. The room was standard. But the towel rack in the bathroom was not attached to the wall instead it was lying on the floor. The temperature in the room was hard to keep comfortable. The hotel is worn down and in need of updating. The free breakfast was okay, standard free continental. The shuttle service was quick and immediatley available to airport. We did not use the shuttle service back as used Thrifty's shuttle service to get our vehicle. They do not offer stay one night and park free package. You would have to pay for each additional night parking that you would want on your trip, but the parking lot did not appear very secure, so I would not keep my vehicle there. Staff was friendly enough.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
aminjkin, Manager at Days Inn Seattle/Sea-Tac International Airport, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Hello, thank you for staying with us at the Days Inn Seatac. My apologies there were a few things that didn't go well with your stay. Please know that we do look at all reviews as a way to improve. Next time you are in need of parking, we hope you will keep us in mind. Our lot has only one entrance and exit thus making it much more secure - We also have a surveillance system (security cameras),and personnel patrolling the grounds every half hour. We hope that you will consider us again.
Poulsbo, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Booked a room on priceline for a non-smoking room. After checking I went to the second floor to find my room. The stench in the hall way was a cross between diry socks and stale cigaretts. To my suprise I found that I had a smoking room. I asked for a change and was told there were no other room available. It was 2:30 AM so I sleep there anyway. But I will never go back. I could go on about the continental breakfast, which was a farce compared to a Holidya Inn Express, where I will plan on staying in the future.

Room Tip: Read TripAdvisor first!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Seattle/Sea-Tac International Airport? Share your experiences!