“Bed bug city!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Nanaimo, Canada
“Bed bug city!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ths is the worst hotel I have never stayed in. There was evidence of bed bugs (shells and "droppings) the rugs were dirty and smelly. The whole place looked aweful. We told the front desk we wanted a different room. It was no better. Knobs off doors, mold around the shower and more evidence of bed bugs. The sheets were stained. We told the manager we were not going to stay there, and requested a refund. Their policy is they keep the first night, no matter how gross the room was. I'm guessing this is how they stay in buisness, because I can't see them having repeat customers. So we lost our first night (should never have given my credit card number) but stayed somewhere else and were thankful to NOT stay there, even though they kept our money. Anyone who rates this place as excellent is either an owner, and hopign to suck a few more firsta nights out of unsuspecting travellers, or used to crashing in crack houses. (some of which might be a bit nicer)

Room Tip: Try another hotel in the first place.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Salem, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed at for the price in a long time. The hotel runs a free shuttle service to the airport (1 mile away). Rooms are converted one bedroom apartments. King size bed, couch, easy chair, desk, dinning table. Iron in room along with a blow dryer in the bathroom. Its awesome. Each room has a microwave, coffee maker with free coffee, full size frig, plates and bowls, glassware too. Very quite will insulated rooms. A/c also along with cable tv. Free Continental breakfast in the morning, toast, make your own waffles, milk and cereal. ROOMS ARE VERY CLEAN ! If your going to the Seattle area I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: My room was in the 200's hall. Room 209
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

Room was musty smelling. Stains on the sheets. Messed up by not reading the reviews. Could not stay there but the General Manager was happy to keep our money for the room. They don't refund your money if you pay first then check out the room.

Worst experience ever.

Room Tip: Don't bother.
Northern California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

Don't plan on staying here at this place because it is bad. The rooms were not in very good shape. one of the door on the cabinet was about to fall off. The bed sheets look like they just straighten up the sheets or one of their kids was playing on the beds and they didn't make the sheets crisp. The only thing good was we could park our car and they took us and pick us up at the pier for when we went on our cruise. and you didn't have to drive into downtown Seattle. There was no place to go and eat around there either.

Room Tip: It did not matter any room would be quiet.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

So, kind of hard to start this off.

So me and 4 other friends booked this hotel last min..mostly for the price..but we needed it close to a venue we were going too. Booked it thru booking.com for 5 people, booking.com said there wouldn't be any other charges..this is where the fun begins.

Upon arriving to the hotel, tried to check in and they didn't have our reservation in the system, (I understand this cause I work in the hotel/hospitality industry) online reservations sometimes need to get entered. Well the people we tried check in in with had no idea how to input this reservation (which I found out were the owners) so they asked us to wait for 20 minutes when there front desk agent would be in. (Are you for real??) Well we waited like 30 ..40 mins the owners were nice enough to let us in a room until the fd agent showed up which was like another 30 min later.

Here are the good points.
Room wise it was good and it fit 5 us. The beds were more comfortable then I thought they were gonna be.
Room had a kitchenette in it.

Now some bad points.
The dishes for kitchen were filthy..I mean didn't looked like they were was from the last person.
There used to be a stove but looks like it got taken out.
Pull out sofa had no bedding.
Not enough towels for everyone.
Furniture looked like it came from a swamp meet.
THE HAVE NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS, AT ALL!!!

I say this last one big because the check in the beginning, second the girl who works overnight is rude and was sleeping on the job when I came to the front desk for bedding ( I know this cause I came to the desk and she was in the back office sitting in a chair in the dark with a blanket on her had to go up to the room and call her for stuff, she was so confused when she answered the phone she told me she had to call me back...guh..oh lord) I tried before that to ask her for towels but she said they didn't have any at the front desk and she couldn't go steal them from another room. Third the young guy who works in the afternoon, tried to ask him for towels and he could only give me 2 and ask how many people I had in the room..lord help me..you know we have 5 so stop askin. He gave me the 2 towels and I was on my way.

On to the last day check out is at 12pm, so we thought ok..we can sleep in..apparently not. A woman ( who I believe was the Co owner) nocks on the door at 11 30 am and was surprised that I answered and thought we left already, then proceed to tell me we have enough 30 mins to get out. Wow? Really? So of course we get up in a rush, pack everything, then we get a call at 12pm saying if we aren't out they are gonna charge us a late fee of $20 dollar. Nope we literally only thru everything in the car and just left.

This hotel needs new people running it, and new employees. Please pay a little more for a better hotel. Of you are gonna stay one night just to sleep I suppose it's ok...at least the bed is comfy.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Lake Havasu City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

The room was large, clean and had a full frig, microwave and eating utensils available although we did not use them. We mainly were trying to find inexpensive parking for our 7 day cruise. We did a lot of research and although it seemed expensive, it was actually the best value we found in Seattle.
We spent one night and were able to leave our car parked their for 7 days and they provided free shuttle transportation to the pier.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2014

When we arrived I checked in at the main desk. I asked if they had carts we could use to transport our luggage to the room. I was led to the side of the hotel and provided a push cart with the "Dollar Rent a Car" logo on the handle. We loaded our luggage and proceeded to the room.

Upon entering the room we detected a musty, offensive smell and noticed:
• the paint/ wallpaper was peeling from the wall,
• Large sections of the wooden counter was bowed which would indicate extreme moisture and potentially mold,
• the flat screen television was hanging from the wall loosely above one of the beds (it is conceivable that the television could fall off the wall and unto the bed)
• The window was unable to be locked (we were on the first floor) so had a wooden stick lodged between the two window panes
• there was noticeable dirt accumulated on the floor, and
• the bathroom was also filthy - toilet did not appear to be recently cleaned, there was dirt accumulation on the floor, and stains of unknown origin on the shower curtain.

At this point we discussed whether we should stay here as we were traveling with our two young children. I pulled back the bed covers of one on the beds in the room when my wife noticed a large brown stain on the corner of the bed. The stain appeared to be either feces or dried up blood. At this point we immediately vacated the room and returned to the front desk.

I approached the reception person and informed him of the horrendous condition of the room. He did not appear to be surprised by my comments and simply apologized. I asked if I could received a refund for the room charge. He replied that the charge had already gone through and there was nothing he could do for me. I stated that this was not acceptable and would be disputing the charge. We left the hotel and drove around downtown Seattle until we found another hotel.

Had much higher expectations for a room charge of $220.00. Strongly recommend people avoid this place!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sutton Suites And Extended Stays? Share your experiences!