“Great rock bottom price motel” 4 of 5 stars

Sutton Suites And Extended Stays
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3423 S. 160th Street, SeaTac, WA 98188   |
Ranked #33 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great rock bottom price motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I agree with Collin, for the price this is a good deal. We did stay in the front part of the motel, but it was clean, roomy and comfortable. And it's very convenient to the airport, rental car port, and the light rail system (0.6 miles away). Would be a great place to base a super low budget visit to Seattle. The staff was friendly and helpful too. Haven't had the breakfast yet, but even if it's below par, still a good deal for those looking to save some bucks.

Room Tip: With the money you save, try the Indian restaurant just down the street next to Subway. Looks like...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
White Rock, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I don't know what people are expecting for a modestly priced hotel conveniently located by the airport. I found the room to be clean and comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful and priced well. Throw on the free shuttle and a week of parking my vehicle and I was very pleased with the experience overall. When I called for a pick up from the airport back, Danielle the driver said "I'll see you in 13 minutes" and arrived in 11 minutes. Great job. Let's face it, this establishment is dated and in need of a major facelift, but come on people, you get what you pay for. In this case, I think I got more than I expected. Thanks a bunch.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I arrived in Seattle at 11:30 PM expecting to stay at the Doubletree but they were completely booked due to University of Washington graduation weekend. I found the Sutton Suites on my phone and booked a room because they only had 2 left and there were no other close by options. I called the hotel to ask about shuttle and the phone rang until it went to voicemail. Unfortunately the voicemail box was full...after repeated attempts I finally took a cab. The place looks like a complete dump from the road. The girl at the front desk didn't realize the cordless phone battery was dead. The lobby smelled like dirty laundry. The online pictures of the hotel must be 20 years old. They do not accurately reflect what the hotel looks like. The room was completely worn out with uncomfortable beds, a TV from the 80's, run down kitchen, etc... This hotel would be considered a 1-star in a 3rd World Country! Do yourself a favor and sleep in the airport before coming here..

Hilda, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Don't let the pictures fool you. The pictures above are of the the front building, which looks acceptable on the surface. The building in the back is absolutely terrifying.
After waiting 3 hours at the cruise terminal for a ride to the hotel and being lied to repeatedly by the owner, we finally made it. Yes, 3 hours...which pretty much wiped out most of the activities that we wanted to do while in Seattle. Of course, at least the owner did speak with us, we weren't important enough for the manager to take the time out of her busy schedule.
Anyway, upon entering, the first thing you notice is the mildew smell. Once you get over that, you start to realize how dark and dirty it is (really fits in with the neighborhood).
The rooms were filthy, with left over trash in the receptacles, dirt and stains on the floor and furniture, stains (which look remarkable like blood) on the "clean" towels. Then there are the interesting "Characters" in and out of the building. Pretty sure the neighborhood and 3rd floor of the hotel is home to some "ladies of the night". We were a little afraid of walking around the neighborhood in broad daylight also, much less at night. I definitely would not bring my family back here.
Stay away!

Room Tip: It's close to the airport, but definitely not worth it.
Vancouver, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed here for about 3 days. The staff was very friendly and got me what i needed. When i looked at the old photos it didn't seem very nice but they have renovated the hotel very well. The place is very clean, the rooms are also very comfortable and clean. The location is not bad it is really close to the airport. Whenever i needed to go somewhere the shuttle driver would take me there. It is also a very affordable price and next time i come to Seattle i will definitely stay there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Is it possible for one night in a hotel to ruin a wonderful vacation? Yes.

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We got back from a cruise. We had let them know that we would be coming in, and so we called once we got into port and let them know our debarkation time. They sent a van for us, since we had 14 people in the group. We walked up to it, and he said that he had to pick up a group of 14 people, but these other people had just walked up and asked for a ride to the airport, so he was going to give them a ride. He was EXTREMELY RUDE to my mother-in-law, who is a travel agent and was trying to be nice. It turns out that this guy was the owner of the hotel.

We had to wait 2 hours and 30 minutes to get to the hotel and go in two groups. The guy who picked us up that time had a turban and was very nice, even though he didn't speak English.

We had a room in the back building on the second floor. We walked into the building, and there was trash on the floor, and it was obviously very dirty. Then we got into our room. It smelled horrible. It looked old and dirty. There were stains on the sofa. The dishes on the table were very dusty. The floors were stained and very dirty. There was still lots of trash in the trash can under the sink, and some in the bathroom trash can.

The rooms were not what they were advertised to be. We asked for a suite with three queen beds. We had two queen beds and a sofa bed. But they couldn't do anything about that at the front office.

We wanted to leave so badly, but we had a flight in the morning, so we decided to stay. I would have rather slept in the airport. Then I wouldn't have had to hear people arguing above me through the paper thin walls, slept on a bed that smelled horrible and made me smell like a stinky, sweaty man who had been working outside all day in the heat, see ladies of the night multiple times outside who were bringing men upstairs into the low income public housing....

Oh, and I had my eight month old infant with me. I did not want to ask for a bed for her because of the awful service thus far. She slept on the bed with me and my husband.

I was afraid to go outside. I was afraid to leave my stuff in the room unattended. It was nasty and trashy. I will NEVER go here again. All of us were upset and angry, and it ruined our vacation. I was very glad to leave Seattle. I almost never want to go there again thanks to Sutton Suites and Extended Stays.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs.
Port Alberni, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Although somewhat worried by others reviews we found this hotel a good place to stay and leave our vehicle during the time we were on a cruise. Our room was clean and the people who run the place were friendly. We stayed a total of three days and after asking for fruit at breakfast (included) they were happy to supply some. I think the folks have to realize this is an inexpensive place to hang your hat. Don't ask for 5 star treatment at 2 star hotels!

Room Tip: be friendly and ask if you are missing something.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sutton Suites And Extended Stays? Share your experiences!