“Am I in a Ghetto?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Vancouver
“Am I in a Ghetto?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

We only need a place to sleep for a night. We went online to look for a cheap place. We stayed at Ramada before on two occasions. Once in Tiger Portland. Very nice clean place. And once in Prince George. That place was gross cracks in the ceiling, no cleaning for 3 days we were there, smokey smelling rooms, very dark place. Well at least this place is a step up but the neighborhood looks sketchy. Don't know why they have one of the nices malls down the highway @ Westfield Southcenter, purpose of the trip.

Like other reviews carpet is dirty, dusty in some places but overall ok, it's not a 4 star Vegas hotel but I'm also only paying 65 for the night. Parking is free but the sketchy guys charge $2 protection fee, well giving him $2 is better that having the car broken into. Seems that Ramada cleaned up a little at this place. looked at the pictures and they seem to have cleaned the floors and re-sealed them to look shiny, pool is small, didn't go in came back after dinner and it was closed and I think I'm going to check out before it opens in the morning.

And yes I'm writing this as my family is sleeping. I can't sleep on vacation and forgot to bring sleeping aid. Oh I'm on the 1st floor wifi works fine.

Would I recommend, coin toss. I f money is a factor yes.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
North east Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

My wife and small child and I were flying out of Seatac for a family vacation in the morning. We live near the Canadian border so we thought that it might be nice to spend the night rather than make a long drive through traffic. I have stayed at hotels that allow you to leave your car with them while you travel if you stay there the night before. We thought that the Ramada might be that sort of hotel because the website says "free parking" on it. We probably should have read the fine print elsewhere on the web page, but we were in a hurry, so we just asked the reservation clerk if we leave our car at the hotel for free while we traveled. She said yes. The question we asked was quite clear, and the answer was affirmative, so we booked the room and started driving. When we got there at 11:00 o'clock at night, the parking attendant informed us that the parking was actually nine dollars a night. He also said that the hotel doesn’t actually own their parking lot. It is an entirely different company. After an extremely frustrating conversation with the useless desk clerk, (no manager on duty), a circular telephone conversation with someone in India claiming to be with Ramada corporate, we decided to go to our room and try to sleep. The room was dark, dirty, shabby, and there was no clock. The next morning the manager was still not in. She also did not return my calls. It looks like I will have to eat that $115. Thanks Ramada!

Twin Cities
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

I spent one night at the SeaTac Ramada and am sorry to report it was rather shabby, dirty, and run-down. The bathroom door in my parents' room had a hole punched in it, and their carpet was covered in stains. My room had a musty smell, like the inside of a gym bag. In my bathroom there were hairs stuck to the shower and on the floor, and the vanity was falling apart. Although the room offered some amenities, the ironing board was filthy and the coffee pot didn't work. (I discovered a dead bug and a pile of dust behind the coffee pot while trying to get it to brew.) That evening, we had dinner at the restaurant, which also seemed a bit run-down. The food was OK, but ridiculously overpriced (we spent $75 for three people). To add insult to injury, I got a lousy night's sleep. I could hear my neighbor's TV right through the walls until 3 a.m., and the maid started vacuuming the hallway at 7:15. I would have expected all of this at a budget motel for $50 a night, but not at a Ramada for twice the price. At least I didn't have to pay an extra $9 for parking. (The hotel provides four spots for 15-minute parking, but otherwise you have to shell out a daily fee.) The proximity to the airport is a plus, but there are lots of other hotels to choose from along the same road. I'd recommend you look elsewhere.

Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

The room I was in (120) was dirty and smelled. There were holes in the walls behind the main door and behind the desk. There were smelly stains on the chair and ottoman in the room. TV reception was awful! All the channels had "snow" in the pictures.
Hotel housekeepers often had their children with them, and one child was seen vaccuuming! Isn't this against child labor laws???? The hallways were dim, dirty and smelled stale. Don't turn on the air conditioning! It smells like mildew!! The lobby was also dirty. Dirt, dust, and food were seen under one of the sofas!! Don't waste your money OR your health in this place! I filed my complaints with Ramada Worldwide.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Littleton, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

This particular Ramada is rundown. It is just depressing, try another place so you won't have to appologize to the family.

new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

After a long trip from New York to Seattle ,we arrived at Ramada Inn & Suites
Sea Tac .Met Amy at the front desk who was very nice & answered our questions
about a ride to downtown Seattle .
I explained to Amy that I had read several negative reviews about this Ramada & hoped
I had a decent room .She assigned our room , and as we entered the room I was
pleasantly surprised by the size of the room & the cleanleness .The bathroom was
spotless and the shower was hot .We had a good nights sleep and it was very quiet .
Overall ,the hotel beat my expectations .The service by the staff was great & everyone
was helpfull .The price was very reasonable and worth every penny .
The hotel is located five minutes from the airport ,& about forty minutes by bus
to Downtown Seattle .We took a Shuttle to the cruise terminal, about 30 minutes .
I would certainly book this Ramada if I returned to Seattle .

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

Back at the beginning of 2009 my wife and I planned a trip to Seattle with 10 other friends. I found the Ramada Inn at 16720 International Blvd and decided it would be an ideal location. I held 6 rooms thru the Ramada Inn website. Then as our friends gave me credit cards, I re-made the reservations in their names. I still think I went back to cancel the original 6 reservations, but can find no proof or cancellation numbers now for those original 6 reservations in my name on my credit card. When we arrived at the hotel on June 19th, the desk clerk said, "are these other 6 rooms your's"? I told her there must be a mistake as I was sure that we cancelled the original 6 reservations. She said that I could talk to the manager the next morning. So the next morning I got up early and went to the internet and tried to find proof that I had cancelled them. Nothing could be found. I opened a case with the Ramda website and talked to Manager Stephanie Green. She would not agree to forego the "no show" revenue, even though we stayed in 6 rooms for 2 nights on 6/19 & 6/20 and had an additional 2 reservations for 3 of our people in 2 rooms on 6/28. We stayed and paid for 14 nights total for the 12 of us. On Monday 6/22 Manager Stephanie Green billed my card for the 6 "no shows". I have promised her that I will do what I can to warn people that they are very greedy. After using their hotel and spending about $1,500 on the 14 nights we did stay, she insists on collecting for the 6 "no shows". My advice is that you find another hotel when you are at SeaTac Airport.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Ramada Suites SeaTac Airport? Share your experiences!