“Decent hotel close to airport” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Olympia, Washington
“Decent hotel close to airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The staff at the front desk were very friendly. Our room was updated and decent. The pool was great for the kids however there were no clean towels to use and the pool deck was littered with dirty towels from previous guests. Continental breakfast was pretty good. Free Parking and Wifi definitely help make this hotel an overall good deal for the money.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Palo Alto, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We found the room to be a bit run down. However, they were nice enough to pick us up at the airport when we arrived on the light rail. The front desk person was a little overworked because it took her a long time to answer the phone. It was nice to have coffee and tea and muffins waiting for us when we left early in the morning, but they could have had healthier muffins, such as bran muffins.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Riverside, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stay at LaQuinta because we usually like it there and it's convenient and reasonably priced to leave our car there for a week when traveling. Their rates are reasonable and it's close to SeaTac Airport. We also like the breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I recently spent 2 nights at this hotel and was very satisfied. The hotel's lobby is modern and inviting and the staff very friendly and helpful. Following check-in the front desk called the room to make sure it met my expectations and to ask if I needed anything. The rooms are large, clean and have nice decor, furniture and bedding. The hotel has a nice area for breakfast. I utilized the hotel's shuttle to and from the airport and found it to be fast and efficient. There are a number of restaurant options within easy walking distance. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Arecibo, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed one night on July 19 previous to our cruise tour and location, check in, continental breakfast, and employees were better than we expected when did the reservations through Travelocity. Big rooms, comfortable beds and pillows that recharged our energy over a long flight. Definitely, we will stay again if we return to Seattle.

• Stayed July 2014
Panama City, Panama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was supposed to stay at this hotel July 25-July 26. I made two separate bookings through Expedia, one for a Two Double bed room and one for a King bed room. These reservations were confirmed three months before my family trip (April 14). My children are 1 adult and 2 teenagers and we intended to rest between 2 am and 12 noon because we had tiresome traveling before and after. I called the hotel July 25 before boarding my flight from Anchorage to let the front desk know that we were going to arrive at 2 am and to make sure the reservations were in order. She said yes and that she would make a note. She said I would have to take a cab because she could not offer me shuttle service from the airport. I said ok. We got there in a cab van at 2:20 am, which we paid for, and she said, oh, "you called earlier, you have one king and one double right?". I said yes, and then she proceeded to let me know that she did not have any doubles left at this time so she could offer us two King bed rooms. I told her we could not rest adequately in two kings, because there were 5 of us. I said if you only have King bedrooms you should give me 3 rooms because I had a reservation for a room for 3 people and a room for 2 people. She said then you have to pay $180 for the night for the extra room, and we said ok, we'll pay, because we need to get some sleep. A minute later she says that she does not have 3 King rooms AND that she does not have 2 King rooms either, only 1 King room. She sent us to the Clarion and the rest is history. We didn't get much sleep, by the way.

Room Tip: Do not reserve in this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver Island, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This was my first stay at a LaQuinta property and I was pleased with our experience. Check-in was quite fast considering there were 2 guests ahead of me. The luggage carts were plenty, which was nice. There was lots of free parking, the wifi was adequate and my husband and daughter enjoyed the pool. The room was nice and the beds were comfortable. The location to Sea-tac is great if you're planning a trip, we could even see planes from our room. That said, the air traffic didn't keep us awake at night, but we had the a/c unit on all night. The view of the parkade wasn't my favorite but you can't win them all! The free breakfast was ok if you like waffles. They aren't my favorite but once in a while I don't mind. I normally prefer to stay at hotels with a hot option of eggs, bacon or sausages. The breakfast area was nice and not too crowded. Having a Jack in the Box restaurant in the hotel parking lot was good for a quick and cheap dinner.

A couple complaints I have are that the elevator was slow (perhaps they should have built the hotel with two?) and there were several black hairs in the bathtub when we went to run a bath for my daughter. All in all though, not a terrible experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport? Share your experiences!