“Wonderful stop!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Cortez, Colorado
“Wonderful stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed at the LaQuinta beside Sea-Tac so we didn't have to get up so early to catch our plane the next day. When we registered, we were treated very well. The desk staff were courteous, helped us find our way around and even helped us carry our bags in. We were travelling with my 88-year-old mom, and they treated her like a queen. The room was excellent - clean, comfortable and located in a convenient spot. I was worried about the noise because it was near the door and the parking lot, but there was no noise at all in the room. The staff member at the desk told us where to go to return our rental car and the shuttle driver was fantastic. When we went touring downtown, he told us the parts of the area to avoid after dark. These people were fantastic. We had reserved a room with two double beds, but when we arrived they had upgraded us to a king suite at no extra cost because we were travelling with my mom and granddaughter. The breakfast was typical fare and just what we needed before our flight back to Colorado. We will definitely stay at this LaQuinta again on our next trip to Washington!

Long Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I booked through Hotwire, but called the hotel directly to make sure that we had two double beds. The front desk said, "Yes. I have you confirmed for two double beds and a non-smoking room." When we arrived, the friendly front desk people gave us the key. We had a room with a bad smell and ash trays on the desk and in the bathroom. When I called to complain, I was told that they cannot control the Hotwire booking and that they were fully booked. They offered two options: 1. have a staff member come upstairs and spray the room with air freshener or 2. call Hotwire and ask them to find us a new hotel. I gave them the time and date of my previous call and they said they would follow-up.

Update, just a moment ago, when my daughter pulled back the covers on her bed, she found mouse droppings. If it were earlier in the day, we would be out of here.

On Monday, I will be calling the general manager to complain.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

3 Thank Tim S
Portland, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

When we arrived at Seatac in the wee hours of the AM, I just wanted to crash and anywhere would have been fine. I was surprised at how clean the lobby was and the staff member was pleasant and helpful. The room was pretty spartan, with white stucco-ey looking walls and carpet that smelled heavily of disinfectant cleaner. The beds were clean, the bathroom adequate with fixtures that were serviceable but not especially attractive. Good continental breakfast in the lobby in the AM, and you can't beat the proximity to the airport.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel is clean and o.k. for a quick overnight. They provide an O.K. breakfast. Breakfast was in the lobby shared the lobby with several people who were coming and going with their dogs. (All sizes)

We were not impressed with the time it took for the shuttle from the airport to the hotel 25 minutes and then when the shuttle pulled up the driver apologized for the delay but she was full and would return in 10 min. sigh... Finally reached the hotel, hidden behind a parking garage, and checked in. We were exhausted after a long flight.

We have stayed at better economy hotels in the area so we will not return.

Beds were standard. Noisy area.

Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We got in late, the shuttle driver (Emmanuel) was awesome, front desk staff was just as awesome.
We had a nice room, very dog friendly, nice grass area for them. Jack In the Box and Denny's right there, prefect when you fly in late.
Sunrise breakfast area was always busy, but it was very useful.
Thank You La Quinta!

1 Thank spedie
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

DO NOT stay at this hotel. I was charged an extra night just because their system had an error. If I did not check my credit card, I would not have realized about the extra charge.
The staff is extremely unpleasant, with the frontdesk personnel willing to argue with you if you have an issue with their hotel. I was staying in a room and needed to ask if they provide shower caps. I checked the hotel phone directory, and it had no number to the frontdesk, and I did not realized (since I am new to the USA) that I cannot call 411, which was stated to be the operator. I was charged for the 411 call, and I went down to discuss my case.
The lady on the reception counter argued with me, but in the end waive the charges, but then 1 month later, I see the charge on my credit card!
When I called in again, they demanded to know who gave me the waiver, and refused to honor their promise.

BAD HOTEL. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. You have been warned.

Room Tip: Do not stay here