“Meh.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Kentucky, USA
“Meh.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I must echo the other reviews and say that, while the staff of this hotel was exceptional, the facilities were sub-par compared to my expectations for a Fairfield Inn (and particularly after experiencing the amazing Fairfield Inn just down the road in Puyallup a few days earlier).

Convenience is what sold me on this hotel (otherwise, we would have stayed in Puyallup). The 24 hour airport shuttle allowed us to drop off our rental car on a Sunday night and catch a ride to the airport the next day. This process went very smoothly. We dropped the car at the rental car terminal, hopped the shuttle over to the airport, called the hotel to send the shuttle over and were on our way in less than 10 minutes. The next morning, the shuttle was on time and got us to the airport with time to spare.

The downsides are that this hotel is very old. The rooms have a "Days Inn Circa 1982" feel. They have the "Fairfield" color scheme, but are missing a lot of the finishing touches (like the bed scarf and the extra pillows and art on the walls). All in all, the décor is very "economy" hotel, whereas most Fairfield Inns are "economy plus".

The rooms were on the small side, especially the bathrooms. The bed was hard as a rock (in fairness, I spent the night before in heaven at the Salish Lodge, so it may have suffered from comparison). It was, however, impeccably clean and the walls were substantial enough to block out noise from the hallway and the planes.

We had to leave too early to try the breakfast buffet. I did note, however, that it opens at 5 AM, which is probably convenient for people with early flights.

I didn't love this Fairfield Inn, but there was nothing horrible about it. I would probably stay there again if I had another early flight.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Decatur, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We arrived at the hotel late at night. We called the shuttle from the airport. They arrived and put our luggage on the bus and took us to the airport. The bus driver and desk staff were very friendly and helpful. They made suggestions about how to get around for our next day trip into Seattle. The advice to use the train system in Seattle was very useful. They also told us how to get to Mt. Rainier. The rooms were comfortable and typical for a mid priced hotel. The breakfast was included with the room and was good with the typical variety of breakfast foods. Thanks Fairfield Inn SeaTac Airport for the travel advice and a great night stay !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Wanted to stay somewhere that was close to the link rail, the shuttle was free and we were down town in 20 minutes using the train, much cheaper than paying those exorbitant hotel and parking fees in the city. The hotel was made up of many business travelers but it did include a pool, jacuzzi, and a fitness center. This is a good stay for someone vacationing on a budget, but don't go to any of the restaurants that the hotel shuttle takes you too, their dumps. Also very few power outlets in the room you might have to unplug some lamps. Otherwise it was an awesome vacation in a beautiful city.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Kudos to Gabriela the front desk rep for her cheerful demeanor and being truly helpful in an otherwise gloomy property in an eerie area that is currently going through a bit of street construction that resembles a war zone. The breakfast lady was also personable and engaging. Hey, all the folks were decent here, including the shuttle van guys. Great location about a mile from the airport and good hot breakfast. A clean room with linens that smelled so fresh! What more could you ask for? Well, I'm glad you asked. How about both elevators working, a well lit elevator waiting area, room ceilings not water damaged ( I presume that is what that long brown streak was) a microwave turntable that turns your food, noisy fridge, lack of sufficient electrical outlets (especially at the work desk) and an ice machine that deposits dust on your ice when it dispenses it. All in all it was average and I lived through it. To be honest I was on such a tight sched that I didn't have the time to call anyone to fix the problems. I'm sure they would have if I did. Bottom line? I would stay again for the eats and the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Missoula, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The rooms were comfortable and clean, but not gourmet. The food was not delicious, but it was okay and it had a large variety of options. The shuttle service was great. This hotel seemed more of a place you would spend one night at, not a whole week.

Room Tip: Would try to choose a room with big beds if you're with your family.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here after flying in to Seatac. I arrived late and took the shuttle from the airport. Shuttle service was good and the front desk was very nice and helpful.

Perhaps I was over-tired but the sheets seemed scratchy and I was not able to get comfortable.

I gave 3 stars because of the sheets and because it looked like it was time for an update. I kind of wished I had stayed at the HI Express next door.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was a great little hotel. Not the Ritz, but so comfortable and the staff was amazing. Rooms were quite nice, a little outdated, but the furnishings were nice. Every room had a refer and micro which is a huge bonus. Beds were EXTREMELY comfortable & I had an amazing rest.

Staff was very gracious and friendly. I did not use the shuttle service, however it only runs every 30 minutes, which seems standard for the hotels of this level around the airport. I had a rental car and parking was free which is nice.

Complimentary continental breakfast is included, that also includes eggs, meat and waffles!

Once again, let me stress that the front desk staff was VERY friendly!

I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn Seatac Airport? Share your experiences!