“Convenient to the Seattle airport - but low end for Fairfield” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
La Habra, California
“Convenient to the Seattle airport - but low end for Fairfield”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Many of the Fairfield Inns have been completely remodeled - this hotel is NOT one of them. The room furniture is very dated and low end motel feel. The positive is the bed and linens are fresh and comfortable.

These rooms have the bathroom sink in the main room with the toilet and bathtub in the closed bathroom portion. Odd layout - especially if you are staying with others in the room.

Parking lot is typically pretty full. I recommend pulling up to the front of the hotel to check in before parking as they required a parking sign in your dashboard.

Internet connection is free, but the service continues to disconnect.

I would stay here again for easy access to Seattle airport - but if I could get a good rate someplace else then I would be willing to go somewhere else

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Matt F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Seatac Airport, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your comments. We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for the best ways to improve upon our guest experience. We work very closely with our internet provider to ensure a speedy and reliable connection for all of our guests, and I hope you choose to stay with us again to see that the issues you experienced were not typical of the service. We would also love the opportunity to provide you with several more reasons to stay with us over other area hotels, including our friendly and welcoming staff, convenient shuttle service, and our complimentary hot breakfast. Thank you once again, and we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed one night just before our 7 a.m. flight out of Seattle. It was perfectly fine. The staff was pleasant and accommodating and the hotel is generally clean and well-kept. The rooms are a bit small (sink is in the bedroom!), but since we were only there one night, it was all right. We were very happy that breakfast started at 5 a.m. -- too often these hotels don't cater to the early morning traveler, which is too bad, since that is a big factor for us in selecting hotels. Doors to the rooms slam shut -- wish they could fix these as I kept thinking the couple next door were having a fight!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments, and I will certainly work with our maintenance teams to see what improvements we can make to the noise of the doors. I am so glad you found our early morning breakfast time to be advantageous; being an airport area hotel we understand that many of our guests depart very early in the morning and we want to ensure we can send you on your way with a good hot breakfast! We hope to accommodate you again.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel and as before, had a good experience. We were a late booking (same day of arrival) and managed to snag a 2 queen bedded room on a busy weekend. (See my review of the Hampton inn, sea tac to see why). Room fine, bed fine, breakfast fine, front desk staff extremely friendly. Main point is that they drop off at the light rail station on international drive, rather than making you go to the airport and walk across a long parking lot (which another hotel makes you do). This saves a lot of walking! They also stored my box of fish in their freezer that we had bought (which they have done before).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, and I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! You are correct that we do drop off and pick up directly at the light rail station on International Boulevard, which is often more convenient for our guests than having to trek back and forth to the airport. Please do come stay with us again the next time you are in the area. We love having you!
Kingwood, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 1 night before our cruise and it was clean and staff were helpful. Easy ride by van from airport to hotel and they provided a good breakfast and a ride to cruise terminal. It was only $12 which is a great value. Quiet rooms and a 20 minute ride into town.

• Stayed August 2013
We do work with a company that will provide transportation to and from the hotel and the cruise departure terminals during the season at a very reasonable rate. We do also offer some room packages through our website that bundles the room rate with the transportation cost in order to make your stay easier and more efficient. Thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again!
Winlock, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This particular weekend in Seattle the hotels downtown were at an 80%+ occupancy rate, and the hotels near SeaTac Airport were slightly less full. It was one of those overpriced summer weekends in Seattle. :-( I booked this property sight unseen...3 star...SeaTac Airport...free parking and free breakfast. I thought I was going to get another property which I have stayed at before closer to the light rail station, but I didn't. I have to say that was pleasantly surprised with the property and enjoyed my stay at Fairfield Inn.
I arrived at noon and was able to check in early. The young lady at the front desk was friendly and very helpful during both my check-in and check-out. Kudos to her!
The room was large and well furnished. King sized bed, large 42" flat screen TV, nice desk/work area, larger than normal refrigerator, microwave, and easy chair with ottoman. The sink and counter were not in the bathroom, but near the closet and entryway. The WiFi connection was free and fast.
The shuttle to and from the light rail station was fast and efficient. Very short waits going there (at 2:30 PM) and back (at 10:30 PM).
I slept very well in this room. One of the best sleep experiences I have had in a Seattle area hotel in awhile...I slept until 7 AM instead of waking up at 5 AM!
The free breakfast was better than average. Scrambled eggs, sausage patties and make your own waffles. There also was the usual yogurt, fruit, cereal, bread, bagels, milk and juice. The breakfast room was BUSY. I was lucky to find a free 2 person table.
The Fairfield Inn offered me a spacious and comfortable room, free parking, WiFi and breakfast as well as a no hassle shuttle service to and from the light rail station at Seatac. Just what I needed.

Room Tip: My room was located far away from International Blvd. and it was very quiet. This would be on the we...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your feedback and I am delighted to hear that our property provided everything you needed during your stay. We do try to accommodate our guests’ requests for an early check-in whenever available, or alternatively we are happy to hold your luggage for you until a room becomes available. Most importantly, I am pleased to hear that you had an excellent sleeping experience with us! I hope that our easy transportation to and from the light rail, as well as all of the other positive comments you mention, will make us your first choice when traveling to the Seattle area in the future. Thank you once again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Loads of tourists visiting Seattle in the summer on tour buses. Was originally on the bottom floor, but the upstairs guest was noisy so I switched to the top floor. Staff is accommodating. Shuttle bus running to the airport is convenient. Don't forget to walk to Angle Lake on a nice day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments, and I am glad to hear my staff was accommodating towards your requests. I especially appreciate your mention of Angle Lake as it is often overlooked by our guests and provides a wonderful, outdoor area for a casual lunch or walk, as well as a newly renovated water play area for kids. We hope to accommodate you again the next time you are in the area!
Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. Every day the breakfast was pretty good except that the dining area was for the size of the hotel, pretty small. We must have come down everyday at the busiest time as we usually sat out in the lobby with our food and one time on the bench outside in front of the hotel. This place is busy. Lots of pre and post cruise people that were coming and going to Alaska. The rooms were nice, clean and were made up everyday very nicely. Traveling as a family we usually asked for more towels than they gave us (2 or 3 sets), once we tried to write a note, placed it on the bed with the usual daily tip, but either they can't read english, our handwriting or ignored it as we just got the same number of towels.

Anyway, this was small compared to the always available coffee, tea and hot chocolate. They were very helpful in arranging a town car for our transportation and late check out. Our room on the 4th floor was basically quiet, no road noise, clean and comfortable beds. Want to recognize Stephanie as she was very professional, and knowledgeable about the area. Tip look for the luggage carts that don't have flat tires if you have a lot of baggage because it will be really hard to push. Expect that your sink, wash up area will be out in the bedroom area, only the toilet and shower/bath is behind a door.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Matt F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Seatac Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, and we will certainly take your comments into consideration as we prepare for the next busy cruise season. We are looking at seating alternatives for our breakfast room, and we will be certain to inspect our luggage carts to ensure they can all handle the larger amounts of luggage that our guests bring during the peak travel season. We do supply our rooms with two beds with an additional set of towels, and our staff is always happy to bring more to your room upon request. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Seattle area, no matter what time of year it may be!

Been to Fairfield Inn Seatac Airport? Share your experiences!