“Nice for area, low end for Marriott” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 34 hotels in SeaTac
Puyallup, WA
“Nice for area, low end for Marriott”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice easy place to stay for quick layovers in Seattle Airport. Loyal Marriott member but this was little substandard for them. Rooms fall more on the inn side then the suite side. Bathroom sink is basically in you bed room area. Pretty noisy too. At least the night I stayed. Lots of people in hallways talking. Doors SLAM shut rather loud.

Also needs much better signage out front. All the hotel signs are hidden by trees. Had to go down the road to make one of two u turns since I missed the driveway the first time. Limited parking.

But ok for the quick stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Matt F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Seatac Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
We are constantly working with the city to ensure the trees along their sidewalks are properly trimmed so that our sign is visible to all travelers along International Boulevard. As a Fairfield Inn we do not have any suite rooms available at this location; however, our staff is happy to find the best room to suit your needs based upon availability.

264 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Just checked in to this hotel after a 3 hour delay in San Francisco. We called from San Francisco.. Central reservations... They said they would let the hotel know we were arriving after midnight. We arrived at 1 am and guy says 'you know your credit card was declined and we're full so I don't have to honor the reservation' Central reservations didn't let them know we were delayed. Wells Fargo issued a new updated card after we booked. All he had to do was ask if we had an updated card.. Do the staff get any politeness training? We booked a king, got a double queen and room smelt terrible. Narrow halls and pillows that look like the cut a king size in half. Very disappointing experience. Makes you question Marriott.

• Stayed July 2013
I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience you experienced and will be certain to share your comments with my staff. We do require a valid credit card to guarantee the reservation at the time of booking and may not be able to honor the reservation if a valid credit card is not on file on the day of arrival. If there are any changes to your credit card after booking your reservation, it is strongly recommended that you contact us immediately to update your information and ensure a smooth check-in. Thank you very much for your comments.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Fairfield inn, seatac

Stayed here one night precruise, package included shuttle to and from port.
Free 24 hour shuttle to and from the airport, after arriving, picking up bags, we followed signs to the parking garage and wove our way through to the shuttle area. Our instructions had said to call but there was a shuttle already there, they share with the holiday inn express which shares a parking lot. Easy loading and a quick ride, we arrive tired as our flight was delayed two hours. Front desk check in is easy and efficient, the desk clerk answers my questions on the shuttle ride to the pier and we are able to choose which time we prefer, to the ncl dock the times were 10 & 12, we choose the 10 am one as I am an early riser.
Room 309 right across from the elevator hall, very quiet and no issues there. Hotel lobby is small, actually all the rooms at the hotel seem small but functional. Elevator hall is very crowded and hard to navigate with suitcases.
Our room is welcoming with all lights and tv on, smells very nice! Narrow room with 2 queen beds, desk, dresser, flat screen tv, fridge and microwave and sink outside the commode :( tiny closet area and small tub/shower, toilet area but everything very neat and clean!! Basic toiletries and large, fluffy towels. Water pressure is good and water is nice and hot throughout shower!! Hard to move around in bathroom, glad I am a petite person!! Tub has good shower head, curved shower curtain so lots of room there.
Beds are comfy, pillows soft and not too many. Light comforter on bed, air/heat unit is a wall one and takes a while to cool off the room. Fridge was off when we arrived. All staff I encounter are very friendly and helpful. One runs to get me a tray to bring breakfast to my room (I am in a cast on this trip).
Breakfast has variety. Scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, toast. Make your own waffles, peanut butter, cream cheese, variety of yogurt and cereals. Coffee, milk and juice, fresh fruit and hard boiled eggs, enough to get you going, but no water anywhere!! Again room was small and tight, but I was in there early so wasn't too crowded. Wifi works well in room and in lobby, easy connect and good signal.
A good hotel for a nights stay, price was higher than I wanted to pay but it seems all hotels in the area are priced the same. Would definitely stay here again before or after a cruise!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property, and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to hear you did not experience any noise disturbances from being close to the elevator, and am thrilled to hear that my breakfast staff made such an impression on you. We do offer water during our breakfast service through the juice machine, and also have bottles of water at the front desk upon request. We hope to see you the next time your travel needs bring you to the Seattle area. Thank you once again
Laurel, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed one night before catching a flight out of Seattle. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Shuttle Service was fantastic. It was great not having to call for a taxi or walking. They picked us up, after checking in dropped us off at a Dave's, got us to the airport the next morning on time (3:30 AM). I didn't like the fact the vanity area was in the room and not in the bathroom. The bathroom (shower & toilet) area was very small. The hotel seemed like it needed some freshing up or something. For one night and the shuttle service, it was great for what we needed.
I noticed in one review the person mentioned they were misleading concerning the parking, but if you've stayed much in the Seattle area, then you know a lot of places charge to park. Some of which require you to park in a garage. They do have on-site parking for their hotel guest. I can understand why they don't allow parking for cruises with the limited space they have.
We used points so I can't comment on the price.

Room Tip: We were a couple of rooms down from the elevator and noise was never an issue for us.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your compliments regarding our staff and 24-hour shuttle service. We are consistently working to ensure the property is as fresh and appealing as possible, and your comments will be taken into consideration as we continue in this area. We hope you have an opportunity to return and experience the improvements we will make.
elkville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Hotel was great! Shuttle to take us to the ship port and pick up when returned. They had our room ready at 9:30 in the morning after our cruise. This was great because we were TIRED! Got great info on using the light rail train. Called to book a room before cruise and after. The man I spoke with was very nice and informative. He told me to call back with any more questions I had. I didn't book by phone but online. I did call another hotel but got a person who didn't seem to want to speak with me or answer questions. All the people I came in contact with at this hotel were great! Thank you to all at the Fairfield Inn!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Matt F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Seatac Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments, and I am thrilled to see we made such an impression upon you. As I mentioned in a previous response our normal check-in time is at 3:00pm, but we are glad to check-in guests who may arrive earlier if we have a room clean and ready. Our associates are always happy to answer any questions you may have, either when booking the reservation or during the course of your stay, and provide you with any information about local attractions or services. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Seattle!
Boise, ID
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our family decided to stay at Fairfield Inn Seatac based on the fact we were driving to Seattle and then doing a cruise to Alaska. My confirmation read: Cruise Transportation, Continental breakfast for 2 guests daily, 2 way transfer, see Rate Rules, Complimentary on-site parking. It was my understanding then that I would arrive at the hotel, stay, eat breakfast free, get a free ride to the cruise terminal, go on my cruise, get a free ride back from the cruise terminal, and go about my business. When I checked in they were shocked that I had intended on leaving my car there for the week. They said that wasn't part of their package as they have limited parking (no where did I see mention of this). As they were telling me they didn't have room for my car in their parking lot, they then said that I didn't pay for a package that included parking. I suppose you're right because your website boasts "complimentary on-site parking" and since I got the cruise package and I didn't get the airport transportation that was a different package it was clear that I had a vehicle. Their story then changed as they said their park and cruise packages were sold out. Then in the next breathe they had some packages, but I had to pay more. It rubbed me the wrong way how the information was presented and then essentially a bait and switch happened as I was checking in. Perhaps better prepared and knowledgeable staff when booking, or more clear instructions on the website to clarify would be a resolution. No thank you in the future, I'll go with a hotel that is more upfront and clear next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We do provide complimentary on-site parking during the course of your stay, but do not provide extended parking due to the limited space available. I am sorry that this was not made clearer and will certainly take your comments under consideration. We do provide Park and Fly packages, some of which include cruise transportation as well, but even these packages include the parking at an off-site facility so that we may ensure enough parking spaces on-site for guests who may need it during the course of their stay. Our complimentary airport transportation is available to all of our guests, regardless of what type of reservation is booked. I do appreciate you bringing this situation to my attention so that I may ensure all of our associates are providing clear and concise information to all of our guests, and that this information is properly displayed on our website and within our rate rules. If you do decide to return to our property, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel and I would be happy to answer any questions or provide any details you may require in order to make the best, informed decision. Thank you very much for your feedback.
Edmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel is located near the airport but is really nice and noise was not a factor at all with air traffic. I was only there for one night so I could catch an early flight out but the front desk staff was great. Super friendly and warm. The shuttle to the airport runs on the half hour starting at 3a. Shuttle driver was courteous and quick.
Mattress was so-so but again for a night or two just fine.

Room Tip: Best hotel for airport access and very clean.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
I am glad to see you did not experience any noise disturbance from the air traffic outside, and that our front desk staff left such a positive impression upon you. Our complimentary shuttle does operate 24 hours, but makes regular runs to the airport every half hour beginning at 3:00am up until 12:00pm; after these times it is upon demand. Thank you for taking the time to review our property, and I hope that you can stay with us a bit longer the next time you are in Seattle.

Been to Fairfield Inn Seatac Airport? Share your experiences!