“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This really is a nice hotel near the airport. The shuttle was speedy and you will need to use it for food unless you order in. The breakfast was fine, free parking. The best part is hertz rental next door - skip the airport taxes that way. Would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Matt F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Seatac Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your comments, and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Our front desk staff is happy to recommend restaurants who will deliver in our area, or several sit-down places within range of our shuttle. We also have sample menus for many locations available at the desk if you need some help making up your mind. I would recommend that if you plan to use the new Hertz facility that opened next to us that you call them directly for full details regarding rental policy, as they have some different policies from their office at the airport.

Thank you once again, and I hope we are able to accommodate you once more the next time you are in Seattle!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
new england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have low expectations of airport hotels in general, which are usually met. This was no exception. The hotel itself is older, the motel rooms are maybe worth $60 a night, certainly not double that (what we paid). The airplane noise was loud, they need better seals on their windows. Additionally, the AC/heater fan was ridiculously loud as well.

The three star justification-The shuttle bus was on time and the driver was friendly. There were no bedbugs or other critters. Both elevators were working and there was free parking.

This hotel is definitely not up to Marriott standards.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Matt F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Seatac Airport, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I am very sorry to hear that the airplane noise was a disturbance to you as many of our guests regularly comment on how quiet our rooms are for an airport area hotel. We strive to ensure that all of our guests are fully satisfied with the comfort and quality of their stay, and are always willing to change rooms as available if your assigned room does not meet your expectations or if you encounter any issues. If you did not have a chance to report the matter with the AC unit in your room, I would urge you to contact the hotel directly with your room information so we can confirm the issue is remedied. Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property and for your feedback.
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I booked 2 connecting rooms under my Marriot HE Rates with my family. My sister who flew all the way from San Francisco met us there. She arrived early and Daga(Asst Manager, I believe) was able to checked her in right away. I thought without me she won't be able to, that already is a PLUS.
I checked in 4hrs after with my 2 little kids, checked in smoothly and there was a freshly baked cookies at the reception which my kids loved, not to mention hot cocoa and coffee in the lobby as well. Up we went, we were welcome with a clean and nice fresh smelling room.
Breakfast was great.
My kids loved the pool. We tried their fitness facility, it was ok. Also their shuttle bus was always on time.
I will give it 5star if not for some issues regarding our 2nd day, there was a phone call from the front desk telling us that we are checking out the other room that day. There was a mis understanding the day before when a trainee checked me in, but Sheryl(I think, that was her name, Filipina lady) who fixed the issue. Overall stay was Excellent.
Highly recommended, and will definitely recommend this place to my clients. Thanks Fairfield Staff for a job well done!

Room Tip: Maybe if you are a light sleeper, ask for top floor. We were at the 3rd floor.my first night, I cou...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Matt F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Seatac Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your Easter weekend with us, and I appreciate your feedback. We do offer complimentary cookies in our main lobby after 6:00pm on Mondays through Thursdays, and hot cocoa, coffee, tea and cider 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced in regards to your second room and am glad my staff was able to clear up the confusion quickly and to your satisfaction. We do like to urge our guests to contact us directly prior to arrival with any specific requests they may have, such as a top floor room for light sleepers, and we do our best to accommodate these requests based upon availability.

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area, be it for Easter or any other occasion!
BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This property and the service was an excellent way to end a long trip.

I did a reverse park and stay - parked the car for a few days, and stayed at the hotel the last night when I returned.

You have to call the hotel for Parking packages - did not seem available through the Marriott website. The affiliate they use is one of the best park and fly companies in town, so I felt very secure leaving the car there.

Front desk staff was excellent. Check in was fast and accurate. Made me feel very welcome.

Drivers to and from the Airport were well dressed and very professional and personable. It was a safe and comfortable ride, with no long waits.

Room was spacious and well appointed. Quiet room and comfortable bed and pillows.

The bathroom was a split set up - toilet and shower in one room, with sink in the main room. I like this better, especially when more than one person is sharing the room.

Did not get a chance to try the included breakfast. But other travelers seemed to like it. They were greeted like old friends.

I had a package delivered. It was received and stored safely.

Price was very reasonable. I was concerned that it would be a sub-par property because it was less money than others in the area. Very pleasant surprise at the quality.

Overall and excellent property. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again! Guests who are interested in our Park and Fly package rates, which include up to seven nights additional parking after the stay at a secure facility just two blocks south from us, should phone the hotel directly for booking as these rates are not available to online or through Marriott’s central reservation phone number. I do hope that when you return you will be able to stay for our complimentary hot breakfast, as we will be upgrading our offerings to include hot items such as scrambled eggs and sausage.

I will be certain to share your compliments with all of my staff! Thank you once again.
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This Fairfield is in "hotel row" near SEATAC Airport. Nearby hotels may not be any better, as these are just "passing thru" types of hotels near the Seattle Tacoma airport. The hotel was nice and clean and the staff were pleasant, but the room I got was small and very poorly configured. Clothes hanging in the open closet got caught in the door when it was closed! The entryway into the room was tight and awkward.

Also, there was a strange noise and vibration what seemed like about every minute in the room I was in just above the main entrance (automatic doors at the entrance???)

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the front entrance and see if they have rooms that are on the larger size
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Matt F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Seatac Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, and I appreciate your feedback. I will certainly investigate the noise disturbance you mentioned as I have not been aware of this occurring previously. While all of our rooms do have a similar layout there are slight differences in some rooms which may have been more accommodating to your needs. We are always happy to change guest rooms upon request based upon our availability, as we want to ensure that all of our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. If you do return to the area, please contact the hotel directly and I will be happy find a suitable room for your stay.
Ho Ho Kus, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Spent a night at this comfortable hotel close to SEA airport. Rooms were of the expected comfortable Marriott standard, with new furnishings and updated bathrooms. Beds were quite comfortable. Check in/out quick and easy with friendly service. Free shuttle to/from the airport was a plus.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your comments, and I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Seattle area!
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The Seatac Fairfield Inn is a great place for a business traveler. It is within a few minutes of the airport and the shuttle service provided is always on time. The continental breakfast is more than adequate, the staff is efficient and polite. The rooms are what would be expected from a middle-grade Marriott hotel. They are clean, have internet access, etc. The only difference between these rooms and a more expensive hotel is a little bit of extra floor space in the room.
They have done a great job soundproofing the hotel. Planes take off very close by but they cannot be heard within the hotel.
I would highly recommend this hotel to a business traveler or vacation traveler who plans to sleep and spend the day elsewhere.

Room Tip: Although the building seems to be well insulated from airplane noise, there is noise within the buil...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Matt F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Seatac Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your recommendation! I am pleased to hear that we fully met your business travel needs and hope you continue to stay with us whenever you are in the Seattle area. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly prior to your return and request a top floor room if you experienced any noise from the guests above you; however, I am glad to hear that the plane traffic outside did not create any disturbance. Thank you once again!