“Nice and convenient by Sea-Tac Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport

You added Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17338 International Boulevard, SeaTac, WA 98188 (Formerly Holiday Inn Seattle Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
“Nice and convenient by Sea-Tac Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stayed for 1 night before our flight. Check-in was smooth and front desk staff was courteous.

Room was clean. Surprised hotel was quiet being so close to airport. There is a Shuttle bus to airport.

About 15 mins drive to mall and restaurants.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Ken S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Mommy Tagg:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We very much appreciate your business.

Ken Stockdale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
North Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

There is a lot that is very good about this hotel; it's an old Holiday Inn that has been rebranded, and in the process remodeled and spiffed up, and is looking pretty good. Best bet -- the restaurant; great staff, very good locally-sourced food, well prepared and nicely presented. The dark side is that many of the employees have the "Holiday Inn" mentality, that they are selling rooms, not service.
Example: An unfortunate call to the hotel on the morning of our check-in. The young woman who answered the call was obviously also trying to do something else, and so she did not listen at all to what I was asking.
Example: The $2 bottle of Dasani in the room had been used by a previous guest and then refilled. I took it down to the desk, and instead of saying "oh that's awful, so sorry, we're on it, let us get you some more water..." the response was "we will make sure you are not charged for it". Later, two hours later, the desk did call us in our room to see if we wanted more water at no cost. But the time to do the right thing was at the time the problem was brought to the attention of the staff.
Another issue: the washroom in our room -- huge, but difficult. The tap that controls the sink was counter-intuitive -- rotate it clockwise, and it turns hot, but not until you also rotate it outward. The control in the shower was more intuitive, and also a GREAT shower head. Dry towels are kept on shelves near the sink, and there was only one tiny little hook, right next to the shower, and that was the only place to put wet towels, except to leave them on the floor.
Also, in our room, the fan for the HVAC was set to blow directly onto the bed. Sleep was disturbed and uncomfortable.
They are very close to the airport, and their shuttle service is every 20 minutes, around the clock, so a good place to stay before an early flight.

Room Tip: Higher floors (we were on 10) have views, and may be less noisy.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear DJSMapping:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and we will certainly look into the problem areas you had. We do hope to have you back again soon.

Thanks,

K Stockdale
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here the night before our flight out of Seattle. We parked the car and didn't have to worry about it at all. The lot is very secure and the shuttle service was great. The rooms are on the small side but they are very clean and modern. The bathroom was cool and it was very quiet. Would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: I don't think it matters. We heard nothing once we were in our room.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear TinaLouise_13

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Quick free shuttle ride even late at night. Room was quiet , beds were from. DEcor was. Modern and clean. The gym was much better than average for an airport hotel. Good equipment and ventilation and it felt like a more open space with high ceilings . Staff was very helpful parking was extra

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Thank you your business. We look forward to seeing you again.

Regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First of all I usually post pics but I didn't take any this time. The hotel does look exactly like the pictures. My room was clean and comfortable. The bartender was friendly and though I only ate there twice the food was good. The rail station is right next to the hotel which is very convenient if you want to go downtown. I would come back to this hotel if I was staying in SeaTac.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Ken S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for selecting our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is perfect for a respite from air travel! Even though it was 10 pm, I easily got their free shuttle. The driver was very nice and helpful (Tip these guys--they deserve it, and you're getting an easy, free ride!!). I got there in time to take a glass of wine to my room from the nice, little bar.
The room was set up great for business travel and the bed/pillows etc were just what I needed after a long couple days! Every employee I talked to was friendly and ready to help w/anything you needed. My breakfast was delivered---w/a smile--right on time and the shuttle back to the airport was as good as the 1st one! I would recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't want any hassles when they finally land for the night !!

Room Tip: Was on the 3rd floor and it was perfect! Sound and light proof and I got a good night's sleep!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Ken S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Kat S:

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent travels to Seattle. We are pleased you enjoyed the service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,

Auburn, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Airport pickup was good, and my room was both clean and modern. The blackout drapes were appreciated, and I could not hear any airport noise. There is a problem with inconsiderate guests not helping their room doors close (the doors have no dampening). One guest let his/her door slam at 4:20 AM; fortunately i was able to get back to sleep. But starting a few minutes before 7:00 AM, my entire floor comprised of a dance troupe started letting their doors slam shut over the course of the next 40 minutes or so. They also were all talking in the hallway, adding to the intolerable noise.

This establishment has an online complaint site called the Loop, so I completed that and got a call from Quinn at the front desk within a few minutes. He was most apologetic and comped me the breakfast buffet (good; the scrambled eggs were creamy and the buffet included smoked salmon). This gesture went a LONG way toward appeasing me and I appreciated his very caring, professional attitude.

I would choose this hotel again, but would first make certain that the know to book me a room where I won't experience another mass morning exodus of inconsiderate guests. I also recommended to Quinn that installing a dampening door closer system would be the final touch in keeping with all of the other terrific improvements they feature here.

Room Tip: Call them ahead of time and let them know if you're a light sleeper requiring something special...
Dear Floydslips:

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience with us. I am very pleased that Quinn apologized to you about the loud noise you experienced. I will speak to my engineering department and look into options to solve the doors from slamming.

Thank you again and we hope to better serve you in the near future.

Regards,

K. Stockdale

Been to Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!