“Trying hard but falling short” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport

You added Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17338 International Boulevard, SeaTac, WA 98188 (Formerly Holiday Inn Seattle Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Juneau, Alaska
“Trying hard but falling short”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I booked through a third party. I arrive and numerous guests are having trouble with their parking validation. The hotel has obviously been through some upgrades and appears nice. I had issues with parking validation and noticed others throughout my stay.
I check out and have a 3-4 feeling. I get home and notice I've been charged (within pennies of the same price) by the hotel and third party I booked through. I call the hotel and though parking was included on the bill they gave me, it apparently isn't included with the third party. Took almost a week to actually speak to someone, the price is the same and I'm having to call to get my money back, parking should have been free even if it wasn't. That would have been customer service, I would have stayed again.

• Stayed January 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

positive (1) The Hotel is very close to the train station (It is convenient to go to Public Market, 45 minutes). To Space Needle, you need to transit from Public Market - Monorail (5 - 10 mins). (2) Hotel Shuttle Bus turned up. I did not have to wait too long. (3) I arrived at the hotel earlier than normal check-in time. The hotel allowed me check-in earlier than normal check-in time. The room was not particularly good room though. (4) Shower was all right. (5) Wi-fi speed was good.
Negative (1) The noise of Heater was too loud. You cannot sleep properly due to the terrible noise.(2) All amenities are average with a bit tired look. (3) Apart from the convenient location (close to the airport or close to the train station access to Seattle Centre), nothing special for this hotel.

Room Tip: Old hotel - No room next to elevator/ lift
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I am a light sleeper. And I can be a high-maintenance guest.
I can only give this fine hotel a top rating as everything about it was A-plus and made for an easy stay.
Easy to get to. Easy to arrange the shuttle pick up. Friendly check in staff. Clean room. Clean bathroom. Quiet and no noise, which is what I needed after a 16 hour flight from Asia.
I wanted a quiet, clean, value for dollars stay. This hotel delivered on all that - in spades.
Only one VERY SMALL COMPLAINT - why no tea bags in the rooms, only an abundance of coffee choices? After a long flight when I needed to sleep, tea would have been great and coffee was the last thing on my mind.
But this is minor. I have no hesitation in recommending this great hotel. And I can be a whiner - but not this time. I always judge a hotel by asking would I stay there again? IN this case, without question. Thanks to the fine team.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Ken S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear EasyTravelSydney:

Thank you for your comments. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. I will work with my Rooms Division Team regarding your tea idea.

Thanks Again!

K. Stockdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We spent two nights at the hotel and were very impressed the hotel, staff and food. The shuttle bus ran every twenty minutes with helpful drivers. April at the front desk went out of her way to make our stay great. We had a room on the executive floor. The room was clean modern comfortable and well stocked. There was a pod coffee machine in the room which made excellent coffee, a fridge and safe. The bathroom had all the supplies that you could want, plenty of towels and shampoo etc. The robe was great soft and silky on the outside and terry cloth in the interior. The bed had welcome chocolates and relaxation lotions and spray. The foot lotion was great for the sore feet after a day of sightseeing!
We had breakfast in the restaurant. The staff went out of their way to make sure that we had enough coffee etc and were so proud of all the improvements that had been made since the hotel had changed to a Crown Plaza. There was a wide selection of cold food, including cheese and the hot food was not only hot but tasty.
Will definitely be back.
It is a few minutes walk to the light rail, which takes you downtown. You can also walk to the airport via the light rail bridge if you are so inclined.

Room Tip: The 6th floor is the quiet floor, no noise after 10pm. If you are noise sensitive this would be a g...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Deb1144:

Thank you for taking the time to note the great experience you had during your recent stay with us. I am pleased we met your expectations and look forward to having you stay with us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel seems to have been renovated recently. Very clean. The room has tasteful and contemporary decoration. Love the bathroom configuration, especially the overhead shower. The room had a free "relaxation package" that has massage oil, spray and lotion, helpful to a good night refreshing sleep. Overall a very pleasant stay. Combined with the modest price, definitely going back.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Ken S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Tync62:

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Bonaire, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I only spent one night here in preparation to return from a business trip. I have no real complaints. I think it was overly expensive. It has great ambiance and I assume it would be considered trendy. However, for the cost, you can't get complimentary coffee. An interesting security feature I like is that you had to use your hotel card-key to use the elevator. The room was very nice and comfortable. Being literally across the street from the airport made the next morning easy and stress free with only a 5 min shuttle ride. If I were to travel to SEATAC again, I would consider staying here once more on my way return trip due to the convenient location.

Room Tip: Parking is $19 a day/night. Or, you can do hourly parking. For restaurants, there is a Denny's...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Ken S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Napier, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Excellent Hotel, immaculately clean and well presented, very comfortable bed and very helpful reception. Thought the coffee machine in the lobby was great, it gave us an excellent latte. The shuttle service to the airport was on time and efficient, Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Patricia P,

Thank you for staying with us. We are delighted to see you were well taken care of.

Ken Stockdale

Been to Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!