“Location, location, location....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport

You added Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17338 International Boulevard, SeaTac, WA 98188 (Formerly Holiday Inn Seattle Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Location, location, location....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Very happy with my recent stay at the Seattle Crowne Plaza. It was walking distance from the Seattle airport and also the light rail to downtown Seattle. This was a weekend trip with my wife and it was a perfect location to fly in, drop off our luggage, and hop the light rail downtown. Rooms were nice, front desk staff very friendly and helpful, food was ok, drinks a little expensive, but overall a great place to stay....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel (Formerly Holiday Inn) the updates from last year to this are duly noted. The beds were comfortable with down comforters. The room itself was immaculate. The toiletries were nice. The onsite restaurant has a good variety of choices and my husband and I enjoyed the HUGE cheeseburgers (they were amazing). The Sunday brunch buffet was also good and kept fresh and stocked. The staff at this hotel were absolutely awesome. We were greeted by everyone who passed us. To being on the elevator to passing the housekeeping staff in the hallways. Everyone made effort to be friendly. Our check-out was fast and one of the desk staff even offered me a water bottle to-go !! Great prices compared to downtown options and quick walk to light rail to get to all the Seattle area attractions. We are locals and know how difficult it can be getting around. Front desk staff were very knowable of area.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing Mt. Rainer (when it is out is it just magical)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed at the SEATAC airport Crowne Plaza not by choice, but because virtually all downtown Seattle hotels were booked solid. The Hotel is a newly renovated and "promoted" Holiday Inn, and the remodeling is very successful.The staff was wonderful, including helping us in a medical emergency situation, and doing so very discretely, and in a way that was protective of our privacy. The room (including the bed) was comfortable and well-appointed. The breakfasts were incredibly good value. We were especially pleased by the service provided by Nasir in the dining room, and by Stephen at the front desk. The only negative: the Business Center's printer was not functioning. A note to that effect would have been most helpful. It also needs to be noted that this is not designed for any kind of long stay. There was practically no place to put away clothes.

All in all, this is an excellent hotel, and we would certainly come again if we were in the area another time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

All the staff that we encountered were friendly and welcoming. The room was remodeled and was clean. The best part of the hotel I thought, was that we just had to walk out the hotel entrance and the light rail entrance was right next door. It worked for us, because we had an early morning flight and wanted to be right next to the airport but also were able to reach downtown very easily.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We spent two nights at the Crowne Plaza Sea-Tac hotel in June 2014. The location is very convenient to the Sea-Tac airport, although we did have to use the airport courtesy phones to call for a pickup and transfer to the hotel (less than five minutes by shuttle). The front desk service was wonderful. They held our bags for us until check-in time,scheduled a transfer for us to the pier for our cruise and even clued us in to how to go about walking/shuttling to get dinner. The restaurant inside the hotel seemed nice, although small. However, the prices were a little much - $17 for breakfast and $35+ for dinner, I believe. The rooms were clean and nicely appointed, but the noise from rooms next to us could be heard all night long and the bed sheets were not very comfortable. We also had issues keeping the room cool (even with the thermostat on 68). Bottom line - great location, good service and just an okay room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Kristen H,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is wonderful to know you appreciate our convenient location and the service provided by our staff. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the room accommodation. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel I centered around your business travelers. It is a beautiful place, but lacks any activities for children. Sigh..The room was very small. Although clean. Front desk gentleman Quinn was very friendly upon check in and called me by name. I only saw him this one time. This was the only time I was extended the 5-10 rule when approaching the front desk. Like I said my room was clean upon check it, however the following day I left a note for housekeeping for extra towels and coffee as there were 5 in our room and did not get either. Garbage was not dumped and floor not vacuumed. Maybe she has an off day. Over all..just an ok stay but I don't think I would stay again if I have another choice.

• Stayed July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear idawilson1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear you had a smooth check in. However, I am sorry to see you received housekeeping service and room accommodation that was less than satisfactory during your stay. Kindly be assured that your review will be looked into and actions will be taken accordingly. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Heatland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had a two-day meeting in downtown Seattle. The meeting hotel (Sheraton) was full and anything I could find available close to my meeting was ridiculously expensive. Since the Seattle light rail has a station one block from my meeting, I decided it made sense to stay at an airport hotel and commute by light rail. A colleague recommended the Holiday Inn which now is the Crowne Plaza Hotel so I gave it a try. In general, I was happy with my stay. It is not an inexpensive option but not ridiculously expensive like my other options.

The Crowne Plaza Hotel is very conveniently located next to the airport and the Sea-Tac light rail station. The hotel provides a shuttle service from the airport but unless you have a lot of luggage or have difficulty walking, you can easily walk from the airport to the hotel in few minutes. To walk to the Crowne Plasa hotel you go through the Sea-Tac light rail station. Just follow the airport signs to “Link Light Rail.” Be advised, however, that the signs depicting a rail car are for the train that connects different parts of the airport and not the light rail service. I already made that mistake so no need for you to make it too. There are very few Link Light Rail signs in the airport but they are present in the baggage claim area so just go to baggage claim and look for the signs. The walkway to the rail station is covered so you can walk to the rail station without getting wet when it is raining which is often the case in Seattle. To get to the Crowne Plaza hotel, just walk right on through the train station and exit the opposite side and use the elevated crosswalk, which is enclosed, to cross over the highway. The Crowne Plaza Hotel will be clearly visible when you come out of the station. Once you cross over the highway, it is only about ½ block to the hotel front door and that is the only part of the walk where there is no roof over your head.

The hotel itself appears to be recently renovated with new furnishings throughout. When I checked in, the clerk asked me if I would like a corner room with a king bed rather than the room with two queen beds which I had reserved. It sounded a bit like an upgrade but, in retrospect, it probably was not. The room was very cramped. Since I did not see any of the other rooms, I can only guess that it was cramped because it was a corner room. The room would have been better if used a queen or even double bed rather than a king bed that took up so much room. The small work desk barely had room for my laptop on it. The wardrobe was tiny and there was only one small drawer for clothes. The only things “big” in the room were the bed and a flat screen TV. The bathroom was okay but definitely not spacious. The room was okay for me traveling alone as I only was planning to sleep there and would spend all day and well into the evening gone. However, if a couple tried to stay in the room, they would be running over each other all of the time and they likely would have insufficient room to store clothing and other items.

Other than being cramped, the room was pretty good. All of the furnishings were of good quality, the bed was firm and quite comfortable. The room was spotless and housekeeping was excellent. It was equipped with a refrigerator and coffee pot but no microwave. The weather was terrific during my stay and I was disappointed that the window in the room did not open to allow me to enjoy the outside air.

The room was very quiet with respect to noise from inside the hotel, possibly due to its location as a corner room. I absolutely heard nothing from inside of the hotel the whole time I was there, no people talking, no door slams, no nothing. There was a bit or road noise from the adjacent highway even though I was on the opposite end of the hotel. However, it was pretty continuous, not particularly loud, and I did not find it bothersome.

The hotel has a small restaurant off the lobby and serves a breakfast buffet as well as other meals. The buffet was included with my room rate. Not sure if it is included with all room rates so be sure to check. As an “included” buffet, it was pretty decent but not great. They had several hot and cold items but very limited selections. In particular, the only cold cereal was some kind of dry granola that was difficult to chew. The only hot cereal was some disgusting looking stuff that I think was supposed to be oatmeal. The listed price for the buffet was $14.00 and there is no way I would pay anything close to that amount for it. If you do not have breakfast included, I would suggest going next door to the Denny’s restaurant for breakfast. I will say, however, that I went away from the buffet every morning with more than enough to eat and certainly more than I should have eaten.

The staff members at the front desk, in the restaurant, and throughout the hotel were especially friendly and went well out of their way to be helpful. Much appreciated and they definitely helped make my stay there pleasant.

The stated train time to downtown by train is about 30 minutes but I found I needed to allow about an hour from my hotel room to meeting room to account for train waits, etc. The train itself was clean and comfortable. However, it was absolutely jam packed when I took it downtown mid-morning on a Sunday. There was some kind of a festival going on so my experience may not have been typical. It was not over-crowed on weekdays even though I rode it at what I expected would be rush hour.

All-in-all, I was pleased with my stay and likely will stay there again if I have similar travel plans in Seattle. There is Hilton and a Clarion located about the same distance from the light rail station so there is competition that one could also check out.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quite but cramped.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!