“Corner Rooms Are A Little Too Cozy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17338 International Boulevard, SeaTac, WA 98188 (Formerly Holiday Inn Seattle Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 34 hotels in SeaTac
Smithfield, Maine
“Corner Rooms Are A Little Too Cozy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The description on the web site is: "Enjoy our cozy 205 sq ft king bedded room w plush triple sheeted bed as you watch movies on a flat screen tv. Stay productive w ample desk space and free wireless internet our slightly larger bathrooms compensate for the quaint gstrm w a boutique feel for a luxurious yet practical stay."

The room had just been remodeled so it does look very nice. and the bedding and furniture seem to be very good quality. The main lobby and restaurant/bar are in temporary quarters as they are remodeling there as well so things are pretty spartan. The staff is pleasant and very helpful.

The exposed sliding door to the bathroom is substantial but makes the room seem a bit industrial. The bathroom is nicely laid out with a very nice walk-in shower but it takes 5 minutes to get water warm enough to start showering and another 5 to get it hot to the point you have to think about turning it down. The other bathroom complaint is that the sink does not have a drain stopper. Maybe I am old fashioned but I like to shave with the sink bowl filled with hot water. When I can't do this at least I hope for good water flow to rinse the razor but that was not the case as the water flows out in water saving multiple streams. Not even enough flow to clean stuff out of the bottom of the sink. The new toilet has a two choice flush panel with small fushes for liquid and larger for the other type. Suppose this is a water savings idea but when it doesn't shut off there is no handle to jiggle.

So cozy means small but at least you would hope it would be efficient. It is small but it isn't effiecient. The "ample"desk space is puny. They have put in a small area on the small desk top where there are two outlets and some USB charging ports under a flip up cover. Unfortunately the TV and the Desk Lamp are plugged into the outlets so you have to choose which one is going to work if you want to plug in your computer. The two outlets under the desk are used up too. That leave access to two outlets in the lamps either side of the bed but you would need an extension cord to still work at the desk. The desk also is home to the Telephone which I unplugged and set behind the TV (the wall cord is tied up so you can't move it off the desk without unplugging it. Then there is the desk lamp which is huge for the desk size. Seems like a wall mounted lamp like next to the bed would have been a better choice and would have provided two more outlets. Luckily the desk chair had enough height adjustment so you can find a good working position. No arms on the chair as it has to be shoved in if you want to get past it to the TV, free standing Closet or windows.

The TV worked fine and the refrigerator kept things cold so no complaints there. Lighting next to the bed was CFL but with the ability to turn on one or two lamps in each fixture the lighting was very good.

Room Tip: Do not book a Corner Room unless you just need a cozy place to sleep
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Frank F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear David J,
Thank you for you for staying with us and completing a comprehensive review. We value your comments and your patronage. We are making some moner adjustments to the efficiency and description of this guestroom. We hope the improvement is suitable. We hope to serve as your host again very soon.

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Currently in the process of a complete remodel, this property is an excellent value. It is located an easy five-minute walk to the light rail that will take you right downtown Seattle. It is literally across the highway from the airport and the free shuttle takes ten minutes from door to drop-off. While the standard double room may be a bit on the smallish side, the new carpet and new bathrooms are top of the line. The staff are friendly and there is a bar and restaurant on-site. Would recommend highly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Frank F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear dhannum,
We appreciate your review. We are glad you had a nice stay with us.

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

The courtesy van (shared with Red Roof Inn) comes by Sea-Tac every 20 minutes or so, and my driver was polite and pounced to open the back doors for my luggage. Even though I checked in around 10:30, service was friendly and prompt. I asked about food, and the receptionist directed me to the restaurant in the lobby, which closes at 11. The food there was passable, but the service was most excellent -- even better than at some fancier, non-hotel-attached restaurants; I did not feel rushed at all.

They put me on the third floor, one of the freshly renovated ones. (I can tell because they started drilling and hammering at 9 the next morning, the sounds emanating from above my room.) The room itself is beautiful and clean. The blinds were thick, pillows were helpfully marked soft and firm, and the colors and contours of the bathroom gave it a modern and boutique feel. The blanket was winter-appropriate and a clear upgrade from the sheet-under-thin fabric affair you get at economy hotels. If there was one gripe, it was the lack of outlets. I had to plug my phone (which doubled as my alarm clock) into the desk lamp. Oh, and beware the noise in the morning -- though I really can't complain because renovations are an understandable part of a hotel's life, and much of my enjoyment came from how fresh the lobby, elevator, and my room feel.

I got my room for a discounted price, but I was not treated like a second-rate guest. I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Lower floors seem to be the newly refurbished ones.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Frank F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear 4ntOniO,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property. We appreciate your comments.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I was at this hotel for only one night between flights. The shuttle arrived at the airport very quickly, and check-in at the hotel was a breeze. My room was very clean and the bed was quite comfortable. The bathroom was great, it appears to have been recently remodeled. Although I didn't use it, there is a restaurant in the hotel. I needed to take the shuttle back to the airport at 3:30 the next morning and when I reached the lobby a few minutes early the shuttle was already there (and warmed up - it was a cold, cold morning), no need for me to wait. The front desk staff was excellent, as was the shuttle driver - all were very friendly, helpful, and professional. I will absolutely stay in this location again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Frank F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Good Day dsdr54217,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to complete a review of our property. We appreciate your business as well as your comments.

San Anselmo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I was so pleasantly surprised about how well the hotel room was appointed as I was in a very inexpensive room. I stayed only one night between flights
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who asked.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Nancy K,
Thank you for the review. We are glad you had a good time.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel after a late night flight into Seattle. We followed the signs for baggage and the Link train and took the short walk over. It was an easy stroll and we didn't feel like waiting for a shuttle. We had a booked a king corner executive suite but I guess out late arrival meant they were out. Our room was still nice. The bed was a little hard but the bathroom was great. We crashed for the night and didn't try the restaurant or bar. Check out was easy the next morning and we walked the short distance to train and rode it downtown. This hotel isn't fancy, but it's location to the airport and the train makes it very convenient.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Frank F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Good Day Lovetoroadrtip82,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to let us know about your visit. We are pleased to hear that you appreciated our convenient location. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to our area.

demaileron
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

First off, this is not the newest place around. It's a nice, classic hotel, that is updated to feel like an upscale, boutique hotel. Standouts include ample, filling, tasty breakfast! Also (I'm 6'4") the shower head is high enough with awesome water pressure! Elevators are very quick.

This property is reasonable walking distance from the SEATAC luggage claim. I recommend walking after a long day cramped up in a plane.

As for the staff, they know what they're doing - a special thanks to Quinn, Rosita, Kiarra, and Nash. They went above and beyond to do something special. I wanted a photo of Mount Rainer and they summonsed an engineer to quickly let me in the top floor suite for a peak. Those individuals are gems in the hospitality industry. This property and IHG Corporate should count their blessings!

I recommend staying here and look forward to my return

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Frank F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Demaileron,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We appreciate your business as well as your comments. We hope you got a good picture of the Mountain.

Regards,

Been to Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!