“Hopefully better once construction is finished!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17338 International Boulevard, SeaTac, WA 98188 (Formerly Holiday Inn Seattle Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 34 hotels in SeaTac
Norman, OKI
“Hopefully better once construction is finished!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The SEATAC HI is a decent place and very convienient to the airport. You can catch the shuttle, or if the weather is decent, walk to the light rail station and then past it (covered overhead), across the skybridge and you are at checkin.

Room I was in was decent sized with a very comfortable king bed. Check-in was efficient, staff all helpful, no issues there at all. Bar was cozy, watched the Monday Night FB, had a couple of nice local microbrews tap - very relaxing hour!

They are doing major construction in the hotel, but I did not hear anything during the night. Only stayed one night waiting on a flight to Toyko the next day.

Would stay there again.

Room Tip: I don't think you can avoid the jet noise regardless of the room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Frank F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Greetings bconwayOU,
We appreciate the review. We are making dazzling changes to our guestroom bathrooms. You will be amazed when you see the improvements.

Thanks for staying with us.

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this Holiday Inn during a quick stop over in Seattle. I only wish my time there had been longer, as the hotel was worth every penny! They are in the process of updating, but still maintained a nice appearance. I found the room very large and comfortable and the bed very comfy. My bed had 4 pillows....2 were labeled "firm" and the other two were soft. I liked the pillow options. Desk staff was very accommodating ..... asking about making a wake up call and providing information on the airport shuttle. The free shuttle runs every 20 minutes which is most convenient. I cannot comment on the breakfast as I had to head out at 4:00 AM.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Frank F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear CruiseGirl_10

We are pleased you had a pleasant experience at our hotel.

See you next time!

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

It's an old property and lacks the usual Holiday Inn standard of cleanliness. The front desk people are a little short on the friendliness I find at most Holiday Inns. The room smelled funny the curtains looked like they hadn't been washed in years and were torn. If you need a reasonable place close the airport, this will work. if you staying for a couple days I would pick one of the other hotels there are numerous ones within a mile.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Frank F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Good Day FrequenttravelerDave,

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and suggesting some improvements. We have scheduled some TLC for our guest bathrooms starting next week and service training for our staff. Your will love the changes. We will be ready to bring our " A game" on your next visit.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

After picking a friend up from the airport relatively late at night, we chose to stay here. Check in was pretty quick, ended up getting our parking free for the night. Hotel staff was friendly. Only thing that was disappointing was the buffet breakfast.. Not a very good selection of food for the price. No problem with the room, comfortable bed, working phone/tv. If I were ever needing someplace to stay close to the airport, this would be it.

• Stayed October 2012
Frank F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Areviewer12,

We appreciate your business. Thanks for the review. We will see you next time.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Arrived here after a long drive expecting to hop on my PC and have some room service. Parking was surprisingly difficult. Machine didn't work. Construction in the lot. Had to park far away. Also, wireless didn't work on my non apple products. In addition, while I was working, got a tremendous bleach odor that filtered into my room while eating. Gave me a headache. All in all, Too many things went wrong on this stay. Won't be staying here again unfortunately.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Frank F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Aamckenrick,
Thanks for the review, I am sorry about your dissatisfaction. We are in the process of making many property improvements including but not limited to bathrooms, parking, and internet. We are in continuous improvement mode. Good things are coming. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future. Please call me at 206 428 2115 if you would like to discuss your stay.

Port Alberni
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed here twice, on the way to Disneyland and on the way back. The first stay was good, they put us right across from the elevators, didn't care for that. There is free wi-fi and we liked that. You can certainly hear the airplanes taking off, not surprising you are very close. The free shuttle is great and the fact you can leave your car there is a bonus although unlike some other places in Seattle, they do charge a good price for the service. On the stay back, again we were right across from the elevator, we went to the restaurant for dinner after 8:30 pm and were disappointed with the service, our appetizers were served after our main course, the server had forgotten about them but there was no apology. We prefer another chain whilst staying in Seattle and will not stay at the Holiday Inn again.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Frank F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Passagemaker1,

We are glad you chose to stay with us. We are so sorry you were dissatisfied with the condition of the property. We are in the process of making major improvements to the building in order to improve our guests expereience. Our three phase improvement plan is scheduled to begin in November. Should you decide to return to us you will see immediate improvement once this component is completed. If you would like specific details. Please call me personally at 206 428 2115.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

I loved this hotel. I had missed my flight at the airport and I was going to have to spend the night sleeping on some bench at baggage claim. At the last minute I was able to book a room here. I had no money so the complementary shuttle to and from the hotel was excellent. The shuttle driver was so friendly and kind and it goes for 24 hours so I could get back to the airport in the morning. I didn't expect much from the rooms because I really didn't care, I just wanted a bed to sleep in and 4 walls. But it turned out to be a beautiful room! The room service was great too and the food was delivered on time and tasted good. This hotel saved me!

• Stayed October 2012
Frank F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Good Day Alexandraelizabeth,

We are glad that we were able to accommodate you. thanks for the review.

Regards,

Been to Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!