“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Carl Junction, Missouri
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here on the last night of our trip before an early morning flight. We were checked in quickly by a friendly clerk. We were both surprised at how large the room was. It was also very neat and clean and looked recently updated. The price was great compared to other hotels in the area. They also have free WIFI and free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sung P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
I am thrilled to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with our rooms and our friendly staff. We are a 2 star hotel but we try our best to make our guest feel like they are in a 5 star hotel. Our prices are very reasonable and our rooms are quite large. Our close proximity to the airport and our free shuttle service is really awesome.

206-248-0901

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Turkish first
newark ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed one short night last week before our 6 am flight at Seatac. The hotel fit our needs, price wise reasonable, clean enough, very quiet, easy check in and out and free shuttle to airport at 4:15 am! I was pleased with the ease of printing our boarding passes as we did not have access to a computer or printer at Mt. Rainier our previous four days. There are many hotels along the road to the airport and we could not justify spending more than we had to for one short night of sleep. I would not stay at this hotel for anything other than easy access to Seatac. The area is a bit sketchy and I would not walk around at night alone. The room itself was large and we had room to spread out to repack our luggage. We did not eat at the hotel as breakfast is offered later in the morning. The shuttle to the airport was timely and quick. Beware that Seatac is busy and may take longer than you anticipate. We thought 2 hours before our flight would be fine but we were a but rushed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
First of all, I am glad that you were able to make your flight. Usually 2 hours is plenty of time but the airport does get busy during the summer time with people taking vacation. I hope you enjoyed Mt. Rainier. I am not sure if you hike Mt. Rainier annually, but if you do, we hope to see you again next year or sooner.

Newport, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This hotel would be rated as one of the best in its price range if it had a breakfast of some type, it had one a while ago so the room and seating space exists now, the owner is just too cheap to add it

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I am glad to hear that your stay was almost perfect. We do have a hospitality room that people can rent out for meeting space, but we also use it for our guests to sit down, watch TV, relax, play card games, etc... Breakfast would be a nice touch but fortunately our prices are pretty good to where you can spend the extra money saved on a nice hearty breakfast at one of the restaurants nearby. Thank you again for staying with us.

Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Handy airport location for an overnight stay. When you have to stay over in Seattle for an early morning departure, the Red Roof Inn is a good place to stay. The helpful staff, free wifi and airport shuttle make this a good place to stay. Close to restaurants and long term parking. Don't forget to book yor shuttlle bus departure time.

Room Tip: ALWAYS ask for a quiet room on a higher floor away from elevators and vending machines.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you Bill for staying and sharing with us your experience at the Red Roof Inn in Seattle. I will let the entire front desk staff know what a wonderful job that they have done to make your stay great. Our 24 hour shuttle service is a huge plus and the drivers has been doing a wonderful job for our guests.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed here 7/19/14 for a night during a layover. We got into Seatac almost midnight, called the hotel and they sent a shuttle right over. Check in was a breeze. They had 2 menus for pizza places nearby which delivered....that was awesome as we were starving and the pizza was actually really good.
Room was pretty spacious, got 2 queen size beds. Loved the colors of the room and the spacious bathroom counter (2 adults/2 children traveling).
So we go to brush our teeth before bed and noticed the bathroom sink was not draining. Called the front desk and was informed that there was the maintenance worker on site and wouldn't be one in the next morning either as it would be Sunday. She said she'd see what she could do about adjusting the room rate. Fine, it's nearly 2 am....doesn't kill us to use the shower/tub to brush/rinse/wash our hands that night and again the next morning. Maintenance actually did show up around 10 in the morning and fixed the sink. It didn't matter then, we'd be checking out soon anyway. Went to check out and it was as quick as check in....no discount on the room as the woman had implied the night before (or I assumed incorrectly). No big deal, I guess maybe there was nothing they could do since the room had been prepaid (I made the reservation through a travel agency online). At that time, I checked on my reservations for my next visit as we would be coming back in 4 days, this time on a longer, 3 day stopover (unfortunate? We'll see...tune in for my next review) I asked if there was a chance I'd get a microwave and fridge as requested. I was informed that since it's a 3rd party booking and that room is considered an upgrade, it was not possible. Disappointed but understood. People, beware of what's offered when you use an online travel agency....you may want to check the options with the hotel first.
Since we couldn't get a later checkout and our flight wasn't till the evening, we rented a car. We'd need to take the hotel's complimentary shuttle to the airport then catch the rental car's shuttle to their facility. Well, that was the plan anyway. Nope, David, the shuttle driver took us directly to the rental car facility. Awesome! (Since we had luggage for 4 people!)
In a nutshell, hotel is pretty dated, no view whatsoever. We'll have a car when we come back around. I think it's like $7/day--boo! But the price is fair, airport is nearby and they have an excellent, accommodating shuttle driver.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I do want to thank you for staying with us but I also want to extend my apologies for the sink clog. I will be sure to check the sink we when do our room inspections and also make sure that our housekeepers are notifying us of any issues so that we can take care of it before our guests arrives. Usually they are really good in letting us know. David has already read the review and was excited to see his name mentioned for his hospitality. Thank you for your words of encouragement to our staff.

USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Requested a top floor when I made my reservation in February for a July stay, I am a redi-card member, and I was denied my request...I was very disappointed. I like to stay on the top floor so as to not hear noisy neighbors from above, and lo and behold I had noisy neighbors. Also, there was a gas station located right outside my window, and the noise came and went during the night. The property is located just outside the airport. I was able to watch planes take off from my terrace the morning I woke up. We stayed here because it was the midway point for us between Olympia and Everett. There was plenty of parking, they waived my $7 parking charge because I did not get the room I wanted, but the next morning the charge showed up on my bill anyway...are you serious?! So-so coffee is available in the am, but there is a Denny's within walking distance and within a mile or so, there is Jack-in-the Box, BK and McD's. Hey, it's a Red Roof, It was safe, clean and affordable.

Hello Mr. Drake,

Thank you for being a loyal customer to our brand by being a redicard member. I too prefer the top floor whenever I travel. We do our best to provide our guests with their request as long as it is available on the day of your check in. For some reason, recently I have enjoyed seeing planes in the sky. I cannot explain it. Once again, thank you for providing your feedback and we will see you again.

Eastsound, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am not sure if this is always true but my visit to the Red Roof Inn in Seattle in July just plain stunk. The smell was throughout the halls and room. I opened the windows but the persistent chemical smell did not leave. And it was hot, so having the window open reduced the effectiveness of the A/C. If they fumigated or painted, they needed to have closed that level to the public and opened it up to the air for a few days so the smell could clear out. I regret I did not complain that night, so I do not know if they could have moved me.
The price is good, it is convenient to the airport, seemed clean, the sheets were crisp, the rooms are spacious ... but ... stinky. I would inquire before staying again if it smells better.

Room Tip: Ask about the smell.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Sung P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. Our maintenance staff has been doing some touch up paint to make our hallways look more presentable. They also shampoo the carpets in the hallway to keep it looking fresh but none of these should have any long lasting odor. I will speak to our maintenance staff to see if they were working on a special project that required a strong cleaning solution. We are sorry that this smell affected your stay negatively but we will try to find out what it was and do our best to minimize the scent.

206-248-0901

Been to Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC? Share your experiences!