“Maybe I stayed at a different Red Roof?” 1 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   16838 International Blvd., SeaTac, WA 98188   |
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Maybe I stayed at a different Red Roof?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The WiFi is TERRIBLE! When you can get connected you can expect speeds around .20 down and .15 up...The beds are rock hard, and that is after they renovated. There is no breakfast at all, the entire place is very dated and it is in an area you don't want to walk around at night. The TV has a very poor selection, the toilet flushes slow and loud and the AC/heater wall unit is not adequate for the room. Parking, for the most part is OK but they do charge $6.99/night unless you can sweet talk the front desk :).

I understand that the Red Roof is not a highly rated hotel, but for the price they charge (65/night displayed outside) it can be much better. I stayed here for a week after taking a new job in Kent, my reservation was for 16 days but I could not take the terrible bed any longer and moved on. I payed 51 dollars/night and I feel it was far too high. I type this review using the data connection from my phone because I could not connect on the hotel WiFi, when I complained they said they don't control it and would be happy to put me in touch with the company that does...

The main positive is that they take pets for free, big plus. For $15 more per night you can stay at La Quinta a mile up the road and they don't charge for pets AND you get a free hot breakfast with waffles and pastries... Yum!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor, the floor is very thin and you can hear EVERYTHING from above.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Our hotel has been known for the staff's hospitality and service both at the desk and in cleanliness of the room. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations during you recent stay. We do appreciate the fact that you stayed with us for a week. The good thing about the renovation is the new soft beds with new pillows. Our internet providers are running some tests to check on the speed of the wi-fi. I understand the convenience of having continental breakfast but since we are reasonably priced and our rates are lower than other hotels the difference in the price gives our guests the option to go to restaurants in the area for a nice hearty breakfast at either Denny's, Pancake Chef or other restaurants. I wish we were able to have all that you require for your stay but I am happy that you stayed with us and that you found a place that suites your needs. When our renovation is complete and you are looking for a simple, clean and reasonable priced hotel we encourage you to remember us and give our new beds a try.

206-248-0901

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were on a tight budget for this trip, so I spent half as much as I normally would on a hotel and was pleasantly surprised by how nice this one was. The room was clean and updated, the beds and pillows were comfy, and it was cleaned for us each day, even if we left in the afternoon.The staff was friendly and helpful, too!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Yeah!!! Another 5 out of 5. Our rooms are being renovated along with our hallways. We plan on doing some more and gradually the whole place will look fantastic. I can't wait until it is all complete. We thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. The staff and I love hearing positive reviews because that is your way of thanking us for a job well done. Thank you for the pat on the back. We appreciate it and we hope to see you again in the future.

sequim
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

i had a 7am international flight to catch the next day, so i overnighted here thinking i'd get a good night's sleep before my 30-hour flight. from the time i checked in at 4:30 in the afternoon until after 8p, there was constant hammering going on. at no time -- not when i made my reservation nor when i checked in -- did anyone ever tell me that the hotel was undergoing construction, but that was the case. and they worked until after 8p. this was not my only issue. the walls are paper thin. when the person showered and used the blow dryer in the room next to mine, it was as if they were right in my room. when all this noise was finally over at 10p, i thought that at last i could get some sleep. but i was wrong. there was a dog barking in the room on my other side, and the barking continued all through the night. i was supposed to stay here again in may, but i cancelled that stay. if it was possible to give this property a zero circle rating, i would. but one circle is the minimum the website will allow.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Our hotel is currently under renovation and there are specific times when the crew are working so that our guests are not bothered by any noise. I am sorry to hear that they were working later than the time posted in the elevator. I will be sure to give them a gentle reminder so that our guests are not affected in a negative way during their stay. This renovation is supposed to bring out a positive experience for guests not a negative. One of the perks about Red Roof Inn is that we are one of the few pet friendly hotels in the area. Unfortunately, you were next to a dog that was barking. The front desk staff should have made an attempt to call the room or even move you to another area so you could get some rest. Once again, I am so sorry to hear that you did not have an experience that you were expecting. Your feedack is appreciated and we will share it with the staff for coaching and training purpose to help improve our services. We do hope that you will change your mind and give us another chance in the future.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were catching a flight out of SEATAC in January and didn't want to run into bad weather so we stayed at the Red Roof. This is the second time we have stayed there. The staff at the front desk are remarkable, they go out of their way to accommodate you. It is not too expensive and is clean!!!! We only needed a room for the night and this was perfect. It is within walking distance to Denny's so that was also a plus. On the down side you could be waiting a while at the airport for the shuttle. The first time we stayed the shuttle arrived within 10 minutes of calling. When we stayed in January, we called the hotel when we arrived back in Seattle and had to call a couple of times. It took approximately 45 minutes for the shuttle which is a 3 minute drive away. It was very cold and miserable, not impressed with the shuttle.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Yes I agree the staff here are remarkable and they do go out of their way. They have helped me out many times and they are dependable. We are reasonably priced and very affordable. We don't have a restaurant but there are many restaurants in the area along the main road. Currently we are undergoing a renovation in our rooms and hallways so we would love for you to return and visit us for the third time in our new rooms. I am sorry to hear that you had to wait out in the cold for our shuttle. I don't know why it took so long to pick you up, but I will bring this up as an area of opportunity to improve on. Thank you again for staying with us and returning for the 2nd time. Come visit us again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in mid November 2012 with my girlfriend as we had a 9am flight the next morning. The room was spacious and clean with a very comfy king size bed. TV had various satellite channels which showed the Arsenal v Spurs game on ESPN at 5am in the morning which was a nice bonus. The room heater worked well and free wifi reception was good even a few floors up. You couldn't hear the planes from the nearby airport which was welcome and the free shuttle bus came on time in the morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Awesome, 5 out of 5. Way to go team Seattle. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your positive feedback. Thank you to all the staff for a job well done. If I have emoji, I would put a big smiley face on here. Be sure you stop by and stay with us again because we are going through a renovation in our rooms, hallways and lobby. We are stepping it up so that all of our guests can enjoy their stay with our new look. Once again, thank you and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Good hotel if you just need to stay to catch another plane the next day. Employees were very nice as I forgot my ATM card in my room. They called me the same day I had left and mailed it to me at home. Great. I really appreciated this. Maybe it is not the most modern hotel, but it is an "honest" one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. We wish you could have stayed longer. I am glad to hear that our hotel was good for what you wanted which was a good nights stay with friendly staff that would take care of your during your 2 nights with us. We may not be the most modern hotel on the strip but we are going through renovation and it is looking great. We've had many compliments about how our staff is friendly. They lived up to what our guests are saying and more as you have experienced. Character says a lot about people and the staff here are great. I've lost a card before and it was crazy. I had to call to cancel and change any auto pays that I had set up. It was time consuming. There's a saying, "Honesty is the best policy". It seems we've earned your trust and your business. Thank you again for staying with us and please visit us again in our newly renovated rooms.

Penticton, British Columbia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We decided to stay overnight at this hotel after reading other reviews. The place is dated and not well maintained. We arrived late and I had to wait at the airport for one of our bags which was delayed. My wife went ahead to the hotel but as the reservation was in my name, they made her wait in the lobby for and hour until I arrived to check in. About 3AM it sounded like a gang war in the hall outside the room and it went on for a long time. Very loud yelling and screaming and foul language. We did not get much sleep that night. The hotel is on a highway with only a couple of gas stations and a Denny's near by. We usually stay at the La Quinta and will stay there again. It is worth the few dollars extra.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for giving us a try and I am sorry to hear that your experience did not turn out the way you expected. Our property is old and does need some touch up. Currently we are going through renovation to make this place great. We are replacing the carpets and adding a whole new bedding package and other things. I can't wait til all this is done to look at the finished product. I wish I could snap my fingers and have everything complete to rent to everyone. It is a working process and we will get there. We do not tolerate noise at our hotel and our front desk staff is very good in making sure that all guest concerns are addressed as quickly as possible. We like to ensure that all of our guests have their reservation when they arrive so it is important to us that the reservation name matches or that they are able to provide confirmation of their reservation. I don't know why we were not able to check in your wife since she would have the same last name and the details of the reservation. Once again we are sorry that your expectations were not met but I will check with the staff to find out what had happened and see how we can handle these situations better in the future. We would love for you to return and give us another chance especially with the renovated products.

206-248-0901

Been to Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC? Share your experiences!