“good value with smoking rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Coast Gateway Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18415 International Boulevard, SeaTac, WA 98188   |
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
New Orleans, LA
“good value with smoking rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

not the most impressive hotel, this is a good place for business travelers or someone who just needs a room close to the airport. we just needed a place to sleep before and after our hiking trip to rainier. front desk was helpful. and i think i got the last smoking room in seattle. woo!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Naperville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

The room I was placed in first smelled like urine + chemical cleaners. Covers on beds were scratchy. A/C was turned on too low and there was no way to control the room temperature in the room; it got so cold that I unplugged the A/C and opened the window.

There's free internet in business center but you must use a key from front desk. There are only two workstations and you're limited to one hour. Free breakfast of waffles, eggs, toast, coffee, and juice from 5am to 10am in the morning.

My room overlooked another roof top nearby. No view to speak of. The only good thing was that the place was close to the airport (<5 min ride complimentary shuttle aka $1 for tip).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Victoria, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

We checked in very late at night. Called for a shuttle pick up multiple times and kept on being told to call back when I got to certain other areas. Shuttle was very busy because it will take you other places besides the airport/hotel. Shuttle driver was very nice. Hotel front desk person was quick and nice. Room was clean and good. I asked in advance about the free WiFi and was told it was free, not true. In the room the card will tell you it is free to get you to the ATT page that will charge you per hour or daily. I was very unhappy about that surprise. The breakfast in the morning was a disappointment too. We left at six am and there was no waffle machine that worked, boiled eggs were not good, stale toast and very sour juices. I was glad I had not planned for that to be part of my deal about why I chose this hotel. Overall, if your here for a quick nights sleep it is a good cheap hotel. If your hungry there is a Denny's and Jack N the Box next door.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
MARSHALLTOWN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

The Coast Gateway Hotel is just a 5 minute walk (no streets crossed) to/from SEA-TAC airport terminal building. The rooms are quiet and pleasant (including a fridge and microwave and a window that opens); the included buffet continental breakfast offers a good variety of choices from 5am daily; and the staff is friendly. I did not use the business center and do not know about parking for this hotel, but the light rail now serves the airport to/from downtown ($2.50 each way, machines accept credit cards but can be hard to find at downtown stations and the transit police are nasty). The light rail station is in the NE corner of the airport parking structure. The hotel is on International Blvd at the SE corner of the airport. There are several hotels and restaurants nearby (the Doubletree Hotel, which I also like but is not quite as convenient due to its larger size, is across the street). This hotel participates with Pricline.com bidding and can be a great bargain if you know how to bid (see biddingfortravel for pointers).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Bellefontaine, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

nice- friendly people- great beds- clean- quiet - convienient- book it, you won't be sorry.

This was our stay before before our cruise and it couldn't have been better. You can walk it from the airport, but they have a free shuttle. Call and they'll be there in minutes. skip the expensive steakhouse next door, walk down the block to Denny's.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

My husband and I are pretty picky about hotels. For $89 a night, this is the most reasonable hotel near the airport that's clean and fine. The windows open, which I like, and there's a complimentary breakfast and shuttle. The airport is very close and actually walkable. It's not as modern as the Radisson, but is $50 less a night. Help is very good too, as is the restaurant , Sharps, right next door.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Moscow, ID
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

2am without knocking, someone slips a key into our door and tries to open it (we had the emergency lock on so they could only get it open 4 inches). We yelled for them to get out and shut the door, they rudely screamed "are you supposed to be there?" Ruined our nights sleep for an early flight the next day. I called the desk, they said to talk to the manager the next morning. When I complained to the manager she denied it happened !!! They would not refund our money.
I sent an letter to both the hotel and Coast Hotels main office complaining and telling them that's a good way for someone to get shot. They offered me a free night. Like I would ever stay there again. I told them I would never stay at that place again but they ignored me and just said that's all they would do, or would upgrade me next time. I again told them there wouldn't be a next time. I found out from the desk clerk that the guy who tried to open our door was the boyfriend of the hotel manager. This was the rudest and worst we've ever been treated at a hotel. I recommend you never take this chance.

Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Coast Gateway Hotel? Share your experiences!