“User friendly accommodation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 34 hotels in SeaTac
Canberra, Australia
“User friendly accommodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is a very convenient and comfy hotel. It is very close to the airport and provides a shuttle service. I had a rental which means I didnt have to negotiate an unfamiliar city after a late plane arrival.There is plenty of parking on the hotel grounds.
Street access to the hotel is at a set of lights so movement in and out from either direction is easy.
My double room had a good bed and enough room around it to move. The vanity basin has enough space for two to use at once.
Free wifi is included in the tariff and it worked well on the password supplied at reception.
Breakfast was a hoot - a bit of fun. While presented as a continental breakfast it has a good range of fruit, cereal, muffins and bagels AND make your own waffles.
While the is some noise from the road I heard no airport noise.
I will use this hotel for future visits to Seattle

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
coastgateway, Manager at Coast Gateway Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We certainly appreciate all of your feedback. We are happy you were pleased with our accommodations, breakfast and proximity to the airport. Thank you again for the kind words. We hope to see you the next time you visit Seattle!

250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Middleport, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great location for late night arrival, fast shuttle service even at 10pm. Right next to the runway, but quiet. Clean with comfortable beds. The basic breakfast buffet. Only odd note, a standard room is for ONE bed. Even though room was prepaid, we had to pay an upcharge of $20.00 + tax to get two beds.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here while making a quick business trip to the Seattle area. I was very impressed with the level of service provided by the hotel staff. Each time I interacted with the staff they were friendly and very accommodating. I felt like I received 5 star service at a 3 star price. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while on business. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving, we were told that we had reserved a King bed. I was traveling with a business associate and requested twin beds. We had to pay $20 per night for the "upgrade" to twins. Free breakfast consists of stale bread, bagels, & hard boiled eggs. There's not even real cream for the coffee . This place blows. Stay away. Coast Hotels would not even return my call.

• Stayed September 2013
coastgateway, Manager at Coast Gateway Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for proving us with feedback. We sincerely apologize for your recent experience while traveling on business. We would certainly like to connect with you offline to so you can provide more details about your stay.
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was the first time that I have been asked for $10 a night for a king bed and $20 and night for double beds. When questioning this at check in, I got some sarcastic replies about the "free" wifi, breakfast, parking and shuttle. I pointed out that my view was I paid for this "free" services in my room rate. The "free" concept is a good come on, nothing else. The hotel is getting a little tired; paint chips, marked furniture, etc. It is relatively close to the l.r.t. (about 15 minute walk). There are other choices along this block.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you weren't pleased with our accommodations. We strive to exceed guest expectations, and it is apparent that the mark was missed on this occasion. We will make a note of your review, and use going forward. Thank you again.
Bourg, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family of four stayed here the night before and the night after our cruise to Alaska. The hotel is not fancy but it has everything you need to get a good night of sleep before or after a tiresome flight. On our first stay we had a view of the airport, which the kids enjoyed because they were able to watch the airplanes. There was a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker in our room and vending machines with snacks and drinks in the lobby. There was free breakfast also which was typical stuff like make your own waffles, cereal, yogurt, coffee, juice, etc. It was crowded but still it was a free meal. There is no restaurant in the hotel but Sharp's RoastHouse is right next door and you can have the food delivered to your room. They provide a free shuttle back and forth to the airport 24 hours a day. The only negative was not getting dropped off at the entrance for our return flight and hauling all our luggage up and down the airport escalator and skywalk back into the airport at 3 A.M. I expected to get droppped off at the front entrance of my airline. Otherwise everything was great. The best thing about the hotel is the staff. They were all super friendly and helpful. They even stored our luggage for us (with no charge) when we arrived back at the hotel after our cruise but before check in time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
coastgateway, Manager at Coast Gateway Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We certainly appreciate all of your feedback. We are happy you were pleased with our accommodations and found our staff friendly and helpful! Thank you again for the kind words.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights on our family vacation. The hotel was clean and we had no issues, however nothing really stood out. There is nothing spectacular about this hotel. The rooms, amenities, etc are adequate, but just average. We received a good rate so I'm not complaining. I will say that our room was quiet and there was no noise from the airport. We did have a small problem when booking. We booked through a 3rd party site and even though it was specified that we were traveling with 2 adults and 2 children, we found out later that we were booked for a single queen room. Fortunately we called ahead to confirm and were able to change it to a room with 2 doubles. I would have preferred queens and if traveling here again would look for something closer to Seattle with 2 queen beds. However if needing something close to the airport this would fit the bill.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Coast Gateway Hotel? Share your experiences!