“Reasonably priced convenience at SeaTac” 4 of 5 stars

Coast Gateway Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18415 International Boulevard, SeaTac, WA 98188   |
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Salt Lake City
“Reasonably priced convenience at SeaTac”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Arguably the closest lodging to SeaTac, I was pleasantly surprised by this compact property. I am a veteran user of Hotwire, and pretty good at identifying properties where I have stayed. This was a new one for me, as I tend to stay away from airports and at two star bargain places . This trip was different, as I needed to be near the airport. So although I got this reservation at a booking bargain, the online price is actually fair for the hotel and location.

The hotel was clean, as were the rooms. The wireless worked well, the rooms were comfortable (good bed) and very functional. Breakfast is continental but adequate. The exercise room was crowded with equipment but pleasant and usable. There are a number of restaurants walkable, including one right across the parking lot. There is a shuttle to take you to and from the terminal, but if you are not loaded down with stuff, it is a reasonable walk.

Coast Gateway is part of chain, and their loyalty program is worth looking into, further lowering your costs. I don't think business is all that wonderful anywhere near Seattle right now (December 2012), so rates may tend to be higher at other times of the year or when (if) the regional economy brightens.

Room Tip: Street side is noisy but windows and drapes take care of that. Airport side might be fine until 530...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Princeville, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

This hotel offers a great value for the price. It is well located 5 minutes from the airport and is well kept with a very helpful staff. The shuttle is always available to get to the terminal or even to the light rail station for the trip to downtown Seattle. A nice continental breakfast is available, coffee and a refrigerator are in the room, there's plenty of hot water and a great restaurant is next door offering 1/2 price food every day from 5-6. Plus there's free wireless.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

They do clean every inch of the rooms but some old lady with short blond hair was been rude to here workers nd she was whistling loud and yapping on the phone opening doors with ppl inside Front desk is careless would expect them to be enthusiastic and cheerful bu just dnt care about customers theres one with black hair shes rude and taking her time reading instead the short one speaks little english and theres one with acne all over her face she checked me in a dirty room the housekeepers are great i was on the 6 th floor smoking room and my housekeeper was so helpful and had very good manners and she even said "have a safe flight" when i was walking out over all i would stay here only if i had no were else to go

• Stayed June 2011
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

We have used the Coast Gateway in past for an overnight stay before an early flight and have felt it was adequate for that purpose. We tried their Park and Stay package for the first and last time- but we would likely use their partner MasterPark again. Our check in was performed by an efficient but completely disinterested clerk. Once we were in the room I trotted back down to take the car to MasterPark. I told an another, even less interested desk clerk that I was heading down to park the car and please send the van- which she acknowledged. After dropping the car off at MasterPark and waiting 10 minutes ( it takes about 5 minutes to drive there) MasterPark personal called the desk who said the van would be right down. Ten minutes later when the van had not arrived Master Park called the desk again who told them that the van had gone to the airport and it would be at least 10 minute longer. MasterPark took pity on me and drove me to the hotel (Many Thanks!) . When I expressed my displeasure to the clerk for being abandoned at the parking lot ( it was late and I only had a few hours before our flight) I got a shoulder shrug as a response. To offset the miserable desk service, when we took the van to the airport a few hours later, we were treated to one of the great van drivers in our experience- his upbeat cheeriness at that hour of the morning and excellent service restarted our trip on a much better note. Our flight was too early for the hotel's complementary breakfast- but that is life. The rooms are functional but little else; internet is complementary which is a plus. Many other hotels offer stay and park packages and given the breadth of competition in the SeaTac area it is time to find a new place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

My cousin and I shared a room here on October 20th because we were in town for a continuing education training. Immediately upon check-in, I felt like I had walked into a relative's large home. The maintenance man and the front desk clerk were very friendly and accommodating.
In fact, when we realized that you don't get a view of the airport concourses from the second floor, we went back and asked for a room on one of the upper floors. It was no problem at all and the request was answered with a yes and a smile. The rooms here are probably the most sound-proof rooms I have ever stayed in. There were all the perks of viewing the jets taking off with none of the noise. The shower had great pressure, the towels were plush and the shower door/bathtub combo worked for me. There is a sink with the mirror outside the bathroom so one of us could put on make-up while the other one was showering. We were on a smoking floor but our room did not smell like smoke (fortunately) and proved that the rooms are airtight as well. The breakfast service was much like you'd get at a Holiday Inn Express--very good and filling. I would definitely stay here again. Friendly service, free parking, free internet

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of the runway (Floors 4 and up).
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

We stayed here because we had a 6am international flight. The room was clean and quiet. Check-in was easy and the shuttle is available 24 hours. The room comes complete with refrigerator and flat screen tvs. Good place if you just need a place to crash for one night.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bucksport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for three nights over a two week period during a trip from Maine. We were so impressed the first night that we made plans to stay there again at different times over the next two weeks when we were going to be in and out of Seattle. The rooms were VERY clean,and that is important to us. The staff were polite, accomodating, professional and very helpful. We would stay there again without any concerns. They offer 24 hour shuttle service and we found it to be prompt (a 4:30 am call) and courtious. They have a guest office where we could print boarding passes for the airport at no charge. This is easily one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. I recommend this to anyone going to the Seattle area, family or working trip. Excellent continental breakfast as well. I have never writtena review before but was so impressed with the Coast Gateway I felt I had to. They were great!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Coast Gateway Hotel? Share your experiences!