“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18415 International Boulevard, SeaTac, WA 98188   |
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

one the 4th floor facing the runway right next to the elevator . Very quiet. Firma beds and very clean. I was expecting mucho worse but nice place. Good breakfast. Gets crowded though. Front desk not very attentive . Parking good. very close to main terminal entrance . It got it for 80 .00 on priceline which was high.If you get it for less go for it.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Deer Park, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Stayed here for one night. We got the hotel thru a priceline bid. Not as nice as some of the three star hotels in the area, but nice enough. Shuttle service was excellent. Breakfast was quite adequate.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

This hotel is very basic, good for a night if you can get a cheap rate.
The staff is really pleasant (although the shuttle driver mistakenly gave my suitcase to someone else at the airport and had to run them down to get it back).
It's conveniently located within a few steps of places to eat.

Could really use some updating in the rooms; just make it seem like I'm not stepping back a century...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
San Mateo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night in April 2011. We flew into Seattle late and just needed a place to stay for the night and we got the Coast Gateway hotel on priceline for $40/night. ($53 including tax) We were expecting worse from the reviews, so we were pleasantly surprised.

The hotel is located 5 minutes from the SEA airport. Complimentary parking, but the spaces are very narrow. Check in only took 3 minutes. Our room was pretty spacious with a queen sized bed and chair, also a desk and tv area. The sheets were what I would expect from a 3 star hotel with one of those tacky coverlets. The decor and amenities weren't exactly luxurious, but everything was clean and fit for one night's stay. There was a microwave & also a mini fridge, and the hotel provided coffee and tea bags. I thought the bathroom only had a walk in shower, but it actually had a tub as well.

I didn't try the breakfast, but my husband said it was decent. For the price, this was a decent hotel to stay at that offered free parking and free breakfast. (breakfast is from 6am-10am) I might come back again if I need a place for a short stay, but I would definitely not pay full price for this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Port Coquitlam, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

We booked through Price line looking for a 3 stars hotel. We checked in around 9pm with 5 another customers in queue. The hotel was under staff. Only one receptionist working. Phone was ringing off the hook with reservation calls... morning calls.... She was also dealing with the park and fly, arranging shuttle on a walkie-talkie, checking customers in at the same time. Looks like she doesn't even have time to breath but she kept herself in a very calm manner and efficiently managing the ongoing task.
Room was quite old and have some musty smell. Definitely motel quality. On their web site, it says this hotel was recently re-renovated. Can't imagine if it was not. The sink was not draining well. The toilet seat had a couple brown spots. I end up went out to the store and bought some disinfectant wipes to clean it. My son found some hair on the pillow. I was disappointed as the Coast chain usually providing an adequate standard. This one was quite a surprise. But consider the $ you pay for. I guess you should not expect much. My room was right across from the Terminal but surprisingly it was quiet.
Wifi was not free.
For the bright side- The location was convenient. Walking distance to the restaurants. Complimentary breakfast was decent. The young lady who worked at the breakfast area did a good job refilling food and drinks and kept the tables and counter very clean as well. Check up was efficient and staff was friendly.
I don't think I will possible stay in this hotel (Motel) again but I will certainly recommend to people who is looking for a convenient place to crash for a night. I will definitely NOT pay for a full price. Try Priceline for $45.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

We stayed at this hotel in April 2011 and had booked through Hotwire. On the website we chose a three star hotel, unfortunately we got Coast Gateway hotel. This hotel is older and the staff is not very helpful. We were not impressed upon arrival but chose to stay the night. Our truck was broken into and personal belongings were taken and the staff didn't care at all. They simply said call the police, no sorry, they didn't even offer the phone to call the police. After to speaking to staff at a nearby restaurant I was told the area is not safe and vehicles get broken into often. The hotel has no securtiy and no video cameras outside. The staff being so cold and uncaring made the situation much worse. I would never book this hotel and I would be careful when booking on Hotwire.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Anaheim
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

We booked is hotel through price line and while we did not select it, figured it would be the one we got from bidding websites. I travelled western Canada for 7 years and the Coast chain was my hotel of choice. They use to run a program were if you stayed 12 times in the winter months you got a really nice gift. Well I got 4 of them and missed the by one stay in 2 other years. I mention this because they were a good chain.

The same cannot be said about coast gateway, as I no longer travel, I cannot comment on the whole chain, but this place was a disappointment.

We arrived in seattle after 6 hour flight at 10:30pm and went to the hotel. The girl at e front desk was not rude but not exactly friendly. She gave us a room on the 2nd floor and I knew we were in trouble when the room was right across from the elevator. We opened the door and were greeted with cheap perfume flower smell, that was very strong (suspect it was to mask what might have been old smoking room). We then rounded the small wall to witness the smallest hotel room in America. It contained a 1 double bed and two wooden chairs. We looked and immediately new two grown adults could not sleep comfortably in the bed.

I went to the front desk and was informed no other rooms were available, unless we wanted active smoking rooms. The girl was of no help and referenced the fact we were on a price line deal.

Clearly they could have had a better room for us given we booked one min earlier and we witnessed at least 5 other parties checking in with airline vouchers, because they missed connecting flights.

In the end they would do nothing for us and because of e flower smell and bed size we could not stay and left within 30 minutes

Both the hotel and price line are refusing to give back our money and insist that they supplied a 3 star hotel. I am now fighting them with a MasterCard dispute. It is a shame they put customers through this, when the client finds te room so bad that they could not stay.

I strongly recommend staying away from is and all Coast hotels, clearly they have become a low end chain. Motel 6 would be a much better choice .

• Stayed March 2011