“Poor service, dirty room. Should have slept at the airport instead.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Airport Inn

You added Americas Best Value Airport Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Airport Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20620 International Boulevard, SeaTac, WA 98198   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
SF
“Poor service, dirty room. Should have slept at the airport instead.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stayed one night after arriving on a late flight at Sea Tac. We were not expecting luxury, but did expect a timely pickup at the airport and a clean room. Unfortunately, we called 3 times for pickup and it took them 40 minutes to pick us up. They had 2 staff in the car, stopped to tell us they didn't have room to pick us up on that run even though we'd already been waiting 30 minutes. Night staff in office were supposed to give us a car key when we checked in, and even though it was labeled with my name and on the desk facing the clerk, he went through buckets of other keys and couldn't find it. Finally he called the day clerk at home to find the key. The bed had dirty sheets when we finally got to the room. We went to the office & got clean sheets & remade it ourselves. Someone should be checking on the night staff- they are not providing any decent service!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear JeanBQ,

Thank you for your feedback as its is valuable to us in making sure services are being provided promptly. I will definitely use this feedback to discuss with our new night staff to be much more prompt and action oriented for guests in terms of getting them picked up and checked in quickly. I will also make sure to check on the housekeeping for your room as all checkouts are expected to be done with fresh linen and towels and I will see why this seems to not be the case.

We like our guests to get a good value and comfort and we recognize they go hand in hand. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lynnwood, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We had to wait for 65 minutes at the airport. First we were told that the van would be there in 10-15 min. When I called after waiting for 25 min, the receptionist said the driver had to go fill the gas and he was on the way. After 35 min finally the van came but there was only room for 3, and there were 4 of us. The driver insisted to get in the van (isn't that illegal???) but when I told him there isn't enough room, he gave me a "look" and said he'd be back in 30 min. I called the motel and asked for another van, but he said there's only one van. I asked for a refund but he said he's not authorized. I told him to call the manager and he said the manager isn't available (he didn't even try). When we finally got to the motel, I saw another van sitting in the parking lot. My kids said it was "Americas Worst Value Inn."

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for bringing to our attention the problem you encountered with our parking service.
We credit our success in the industry to providing good service at affordable prices. We appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we many continue to maintain our high standards.

We do park 200+ cars per week at the location and based on that we do go to/from the airport at most 30 minutes however it looks like we had some miscommunication and the driver went to fill up gas in the shuttle van that extended time on the pick up for which I do apologize.

You are correct in that we have 2 shuttle vans however we only have 1 driver at a time, we mix use the shuttles depending on group size. I know you are a repeat guest so I hope to see you soon and you can get back on the schedule pickup/dropoff routine that we have.

Thank you again for your feedback to improve our service.
Downey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is my second visit to this hotel, and these two times I've never had any major issues with them. I only use the room to sleep, since I'm out sightseeing all day. The rooms are neat, tidy, and comfortable. Yeah, there's your typical rude and inconsiderate guests who tend to disrupt your good night's sleep, but it's out of the hotel's control, of course. The hotel staff have always been friendly and courteous, and have always assisted me with a kind attitude. The only major issue is the parking, since it's also an airport parking, the parking lot tends to get flooded; despite having an isolated lot for airport parking, cars will take up the parking space meant for hotel guests, and that's a nuisance. Overall, I'd stay at this location again, but hopefully, other travelers will have a similar experience like mine, and nothing below like what other reviewers had to say.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear armysgt1981,

Thank you very much for your feedback! I am glad you had multiple stays and it was consistent in your comfort for the value. We pride our selves on guest service and clean comfortable rooms so I am glad to hear you got those in your experience. As a convenience to airport guests we provide park and fly services, including staying at the hotel and leaving the vehicle for some time. There are seasons that get a little extra busy with folks flying in and out - however we will always have a parking spot for our hotel guests.

Thank you and hope to see you again soon.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I called ahead to let them know we would be arriving after midnight. When we did arrive there was no one in the office so we were locked outside. We stuck around for about 10 mins then the airport shuttle guy arrived. It would have been nice if he told us when we called that he might be away from the office, because we almost left. Thabkfully I was on the phone with my booking company (hotwire, trying to get a refund).

As for the room, there is wifi and free parking. It's an outdoor entrance. The walls and carpets are clean. The toilet and shower are stained, but the shower pressure was very strong. The parking lot is a mix of airport parking and what looks like a garbage dump.

My biggest complaints: the room says nonsmoking but it reeks of cigarettes and we paid for a double but got a single bed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Amanda,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. As we have 24 hour shuttle to/from the airport there are some late hours of the night where the desk attendant will cover the run. He is prompt and returns in about 15 minutes or so and a sign is displayed with this information.

I am sorry about your incident about the smell of smoke - sometimes prior guests do not respect the no smoking rule 100% of the time and it affects guests on the next stay who are sensitive to the smell. I will check into the room you stayed in to see if any further service is required on this.

I am glad you were able to utilize the free wifi and the clean room - we hope to see you again soon.
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our group stayed in ABVI locations in Oregon and Washington. This location was much better than Portland, even with the airplanes overhead.
Pros:
1. Rooms and towels were clean.
2. Good location, near the airport and Westlake.
3. Breakfast was good.
4. Shuttle service to the airport was a treat.
Cons:
1. No elevator, it was rough on the elders in our group.
2. Interior of shuttle van was a bit torn up (but at least it runs).
3. Did not get to use the iron because they could not locate it (we stayed 4 nights too).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lori,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay! We are very happy we were able to accommodate your group and you were able to have a nice clean stay at a value. We definitely want to make our guests stay experience great so I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our free shuttle to/from the airport and you found our proximity to airport and Westlake near by for your use.

We hope to see you again in the future.
Cleveland, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

...This is an inexpensive place to stay when you are flying out or taking a cruise. The good parts--our room was clean and freshly painted. The bathroom was good, the beds were comfortable. We had a room on first floor (no elevator) so we didn't have to lug bags up the steps. We were away from street noise. The shuttle was prompt and comfortable, the driver was courteous. The desk clerk was very personable. The wi-fi worked well.
...The disappointing parts were that the towels are small, the sheets are thin, the room is dumpy in appearance, the housekeeping a bit lax (missing bulb in one of the lights.) Amenities provided with the room were minimal. The breakfast included is skimpy. The computer available to guests was out of order. The street in front is BUSY, the neighborhood is rundown (but doesn't feel dangerous) and the nearest restaurants were an IHOP and Denney's. We left for the airport as soon as we could the next day; we didn't want to stay in the room.
This was our second experience with this chain. The first was in Michigan where we stayed in a much more attractive and welcoming room. We expected the same here, and were disappointed. We'll check the reviews more carefully when dealing with America's Best Value Inns in the future.
In all fairness, I have to say that we DID get what we paid for, an inexpensive night's stay, but we had expected a higher quality facility.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the street as possible, and on the 1st floor. Plan on eating breakfast...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Walt,

Thank you for the feedback and review. We defiantly strive to provide guests a good value on their dollar. We want clean, comfortable rooms with guest service there to help and answer questions as needed. We are glad you did get the value and service as you stated and we hope to make it better next time.

Thank you!
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Recently stayed one night a this place before an early flight out of Seattle and we had found our self walking into a very damp smelly room. We understand that this is not a high quality hotel and our expectations on the room were exactly met, although the real issue came at about 8pm when we had a knock on our door from a lady who immediately walked away when realised it was us staying in the room. About 15 mins later another man came knocking on the door and same deal. I contacted the front desk who informed me that there was a gentleman who had previously stayed in our room for a few weeks, which immediately led us to believe that there was some dodgy business being conducted right out of this room. Anyway the front desk brushed it off with a "sorry, nothing we can do". Through the night there was one more knock. Cheap long term parking is the only upside to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear William,

We are very sorry about the knocks on your door - we definitely want all guests to feel comfortable and at home. I will look into this incident and make sure its not repeating for other guests as we take guest feedback seriously.

Thank you and hope to see you in the future.

Been to Americas Best Value Airport Inn? Share your experiences!