“You may or not get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20620 International Boulevard, SeaTac, WA 98198   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Downey, California
“You may or not get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is my second visit to this hotel, and these two times I've never had any major issues with them. I only use the room to sleep, since I'm out sightseeing all day. The rooms are neat, tidy, and comfortable. Yeah, there's your typical rude and inconsiderate guests who tend to disrupt your good night's sleep, but it's out of the hotel's control, of course. The hotel staff have always been friendly and courteous, and have always assisted me with a kind attitude. The only major issue is the parking, since it's also an airport parking, the parking lot tends to get flooded; despite having an isolated lot for airport parking, cars will take up the parking space meant for hotel guests, and that's a nuisance. Overall, I'd stay at this location again, but hopefully, other travelers will have a similar experience like mine, and nothing below like what other reviewers had to say.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear armysgt1981,

Thank you very much for your feedback! I am glad you had multiple stays and it was consistent in your comfort for the value. We pride our selves on guest service and clean comfortable rooms so I am glad to hear you got those in your experience. As a convenience to airport guests we provide park and fly services, including staying at the hotel and leaving the vehicle for some time. There are seasons that get a little extra busy with folks flying in and out - however we will always have a parking spot for our hotel guests.

Thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I called ahead to let them know we would be arriving after midnight. When we did arrive there was no one in the office so we were locked outside. We stuck around for about 10 mins then the airport shuttle guy arrived. It would have been nice if he told us when we called that he might be away from the office, because we almost left. Thabkfully I was on the phone with my booking company (hotwire, trying to get a refund).

As for the room, there is wifi and free parking. It's an outdoor entrance. The walls and carpets are clean. The toilet and shower are stained, but the shower pressure was very strong. The parking lot is a mix of airport parking and what looks like a garbage dump.

My biggest complaints: the room says nonsmoking but it reeks of cigarettes and we paid for a double but got a single bed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Amanda,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. As we have 24 hour shuttle to/from the airport there are some late hours of the night where the desk attendant will cover the run. He is prompt and returns in about 15 minutes or so and a sign is displayed with this information.

I am sorry about your incident about the smell of smoke - sometimes prior guests do not respect the no smoking rule 100% of the time and it affects guests on the next stay who are sensitive to the smell. I will check into the room you stayed in to see if any further service is required on this.

I am glad you were able to utilize the free wifi and the clean room - we hope to see you again soon.
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our group stayed in ABVI locations in Oregon and Washington. This location was much better than Portland, even with the airplanes overhead.
Pros:
1. Rooms and towels were clean.
2. Good location, near the airport and Westlake.
3. Breakfast was good.
4. Shuttle service to the airport was a treat.
Cons:
1. No elevator, it was rough on the elders in our group.
2. Interior of shuttle van was a bit torn up (but at least it runs).
3. Did not get to use the iron because they could not locate it (we stayed 4 nights too).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lori,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay! We are very happy we were able to accommodate your group and you were able to have a nice clean stay at a value. We definitely want to make our guests stay experience great so I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our free shuttle to/from the airport and you found our proximity to airport and Westlake near by for your use.

We hope to see you again in the future.
Cleveland, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

...This is an inexpensive place to stay when you are flying out or taking a cruise. The good parts--our room was clean and freshly painted. The bathroom was good, the beds were comfortable. We had a room on first floor (no elevator) so we didn't have to lug bags up the steps. We were away from street noise. The shuttle was prompt and comfortable, the driver was courteous. The desk clerk was very personable. The wi-fi worked well.
...The disappointing parts were that the towels are small, the sheets are thin, the room is dumpy in appearance, the housekeeping a bit lax (missing bulb in one of the lights.) Amenities provided with the room were minimal. The breakfast included is skimpy. The computer available to guests was out of order. The street in front is BUSY, the neighborhood is rundown (but doesn't feel dangerous) and the nearest restaurants were an IHOP and Denney's. We left for the airport as soon as we could the next day; we didn't want to stay in the room.
This was our second experience with this chain. The first was in Michigan where we stayed in a much more attractive and welcoming room. We expected the same here, and were disappointed. We'll check the reviews more carefully when dealing with America's Best Value Inns in the future.
In all fairness, I have to say that we DID get what we paid for, an inexpensive night's stay, but we had expected a higher quality facility.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the street as possible, and on the 1st floor. Plan on eating breakfast...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Walt,

Thank you for the feedback and review. We defiantly strive to provide guests a good value on their dollar. We want clean, comfortable rooms with guest service there to help and answer questions as needed. We are glad you did get the value and service as you stated and we hope to make it better next time.

Thank you!
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Recently stayed one night a this place before an early flight out of Seattle and we had found our self walking into a very damp smelly room. We understand that this is not a high quality hotel and our expectations on the room were exactly met, although the real issue came at about 8pm when we had a knock on our door from a lady who immediately walked away when realised it was us staying in the room. About 15 mins later another man came knocking on the door and same deal. I contacted the front desk who informed me that there was a gentleman who had previously stayed in our room for a few weeks, which immediately led us to believe that there was some dodgy business being conducted right out of this room. Anyway the front desk brushed it off with a "sorry, nothing we can do". Through the night there was one more knock. Cheap long term parking is the only upside to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear William,

We are very sorry about the knocks on your door - we definitely want all guests to feel comfortable and at home. I will look into this incident and make sure its not repeating for other guests as we take guest feedback seriously.

Thank you and hope to see you in the future.
Oshawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I booked 6 double rooms for our wedding group between our flight to Seattle and our embarkation day for our Alaskan cruise.

The rooms are simple but clean and just what we needed for a quick snooze, shower and light breakfast before heading to the cruise terminal. The location was ideal for our purposes - we landed late and just wanted to get to bed.

I called the hotel in the morning before we left for the airport to advise that our group wouldn't land until 11 pm and likely wouldn't arrive until midnight. I wasn't expecting the free shuttle to work at that hour but was assured that they would come for us and they gave me precise and accurate directions to where to meet the shuttle. I was told to call when we were ready for pick up.

We all gathered at the pick up location and I called the number. At first I was annoyed that no one answered but then was delighted to see the van pulling up. No one was in the office answering the phone because they were in front of us!

The drive was short, check in was simple and quick and Andre even helped us order pizzas and arrange for group transport to the Pier the following morning.

For $60 what more could we ask for!

Room Tip: If you're not happy, just ask for another room. One of our group members wasn't satisfied a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Melissa,

Thank you for your feedback and I am very happy to see you had a good stop in between your flight and your cruise. We get many customers who use us for this specific need and we like to make it as convenient as possible.

We do have 24 hour shuttle and are glad that he pulled up for you as you were getting on the phone.

Hope to see you in the future!
Coquitlam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have used this motel as a parking lot when I travel out of Seatac Airport on several occaions and always had prompt, courteous service at the best parking rate that I've found so far, especially when booked online.

Since I had an early morning flight I decided to pay a small surcharge and stayed for the night. I think my cost was around $40 extra to get a room for the night on top of a weeks worth of parking. If you need to park longer, book online for a week then pay for the extra days when you check in.

The room was neat and clean, and what I expected for this class of hotel/motel. My only complaint were the holes in the bedspread cover. They could really use some new covers. The sheets were clean and comfortable, as was the mattress. The room was a bit noisy with all the traffic coming from the main street, but my earplugs solved that issue.

Depite some of the other bad reviews, I think most people are not considering the class of hotel/motel this is. For what it is, I didn't expect much more than I got. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly and helpful, and he doubled as our airport shuttle driver.

I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear MrMarcR,

Thank you very much for your feedback and being a repeat guest! We defiantly strive to provide the best service at the best value for our guests and we appreciate your business.

We do take guest feedback strongly and we are in the process of updating many features of the hotel including the bedding package so look for that the next time you are at the hotel!

Been to Americas Best Value Airport Inn? Share your experiences!