“Good Value / Easy Seattle Access” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Great Falls, Montana
“Good Value / Easy Seattle Access”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

If you are looking for a 4-5 star hotel...keep looking. As a military member, I refuse to pay $250+/night just to sleep in a room. I booked this hotel because it was the only one in Seattle with a military rate on short notice during a weekend (approx. $80/night). It is an older hotel with some issues, but the room was clean, the A/C worked, & the bed was comfortable. It has free Wi-Fi (good bandwidth) & cable TV, but no fridge/microwave. The front desk staff was friendly, courteous, & knowledgeable about the local area. They dispatched the airport shuttle (van) to pick me up and allowed me to check-in several hours prior to normal check-in time (very appreciated after a trans-Pacific flight). There is a bar & restaurant in the hotel, but I didn't spend much time in either. That brings me to the best feature of this hotel...you are within 200 yards of the Seattle Light Rail airport terminal (you can see it from the lobby). For a couple bucks, this train brings you into downtown Seattle within easy walking distance of everything (Space Needle/City Center, Pike Market, Aquarium, restaurants, shopping, nightlife, etc.). I spent every waking moment in downtown Seattle. So, if you are like me & only use your hotel room for sleep, showering, & luggage storage, the Clarion hotel is a good value (at the discounted rate).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed here the night before our flight out of SeaTac. The walls are very think and we could hear guests laughing, slamming doors and.....yes, throwing up in the room next to us. The staff was nice on check in, we did not interact with them otherwise. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant as there was no other place near by. The food was ok. We used the shuttle to the airport, it was prompt and the driver was very courteous, even at 3:30 am.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kent, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Hotel makes it known at check in that they do not rent rooms to local area residents.
Airs conditioning dies not work and you will roast
Hairs on floor in bathroom
Slow airport shuttles with no set schedule
Staff uncaring and does not cater to choice elite members.
Forget about an upgrade
Never again....do not stay here

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The room was decent but the rest of the hall was very dirty. The hallway carpets need to be cleaned or vacuumed. the restroom near the lobby was filthy!
Also, when I was checking in the young lady at the front desk was on her phone. I would have put poor ratings on the service except that the male at the front desk was ultra helpful.
Also, this hotel is huge and I would have appreciated a heads up about which exit was closest to my room. Instead, we lugged all our bags and our dog through 2 long hallways. Meanwhile, there was an entrance 4 doors down and a floor below us. Inconvenience through a lack of service.
while the free parking is a bonus, there are too many things I did not like.

Note: while it is pet friendly, there was nowhere to really take your dog out. Also, no microwave or fridge. No breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask what entrance is better for you to use so you don't drag all your luggage across the hotel j...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Augusta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I have to start out by saying that I normally stay in nicer hotels. But when I tried to find one in Seattle that had vacancies for the dates we needed, I couldn't find anything for less than $250 a night. Since my husband and I planned to spend very little time in the hotel, that seemed like a lot. So I broadened my horizon a little and discovered this Clarion. The hotel is adequate: clean, roomy, and the price was right. But the biggest plus of all was that it is about one-tenth of a mile from the light rail station! For just $11 round trip my husband and I could get into Seattle and back again, which is a far cry from what we would have paid if we had stayed in town! When we landed at the airport we called the hotel, and they quickly sent a shuttle over to pick us up. The light rail and the monorail in Seattle took care of the rest of our transportation needs. I found websites to explain all about them so I felt like a pro before I even got there, and saved a bundle! Now back to the hotel: the desk clerks were very helpful. The restaurant & bar are no-frills but adequate.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a place to stay for one night near the airport. We just needed a place to lay our head for the night and shower in the morning, so we were not interested in paying top dollar for a quick stay. This hotel did the trick! It is certainly not the nicest, kind of out dated, but for the $ we paid we felt it was great! Not to mention, the staff at the front desk were VERY friendly, especially Jose. Even when the front lobby was packed with people he took his time showing us how to get around and giving us advice about the area. Also, if you are looking to use the light rail for transportation into downtown Seattle, this hotel is right across the street from the airport light rail station. VERY convenient.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!