“Clean enough room but everything else seemed older and grimy” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Kingwood, Texas
“Clean enough room but everything else seemed older and grimy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The room was decent but the rest of the hall was very dirty. The hallway carpets need to be cleaned or vacuumed. the restroom near the lobby was filthy!
Also, when I was checking in the young lady at the front desk was on her phone. I would have put poor ratings on the service except that the male at the front desk was ultra helpful.
Also, this hotel is huge and I would have appreciated a heads up about which exit was closest to my room. Instead, we lugged all our bags and our dog through 2 long hallways. Meanwhile, there was an entrance 4 doors down and a floor below us. Inconvenience through a lack of service.
while the free parking is a bonus, there are too many things I did not like.

Note: while it is pet friendly, there was nowhere to really take your dog out. Also, no microwave or fridge. No breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask what entrance is better for you to use so you don't drag all your luggage across the hotel j...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Augusta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I have to start out by saying that I normally stay in nicer hotels. But when I tried to find one in Seattle that had vacancies for the dates we needed, I couldn't find anything for less than $250 a night. Since my husband and I planned to spend very little time in the hotel, that seemed like a lot. So I broadened my horizon a little and discovered this Clarion. The hotel is adequate: clean, roomy, and the price was right. But the biggest plus of all was that it is about one-tenth of a mile from the light rail station! For just $11 round trip my husband and I could get into Seattle and back again, which is a far cry from what we would have paid if we had stayed in town! When we landed at the airport we called the hotel, and they quickly sent a shuttle over to pick us up. The light rail and the monorail in Seattle took care of the rest of our transportation needs. I found websites to explain all about them so I felt like a pro before I even got there, and saved a bundle! Now back to the hotel: the desk clerks were very helpful. The restaurant & bar are no-frills but adequate.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a place to stay for one night near the airport. We just needed a place to lay our head for the night and shower in the morning, so we were not interested in paying top dollar for a quick stay. This hotel did the trick! It is certainly not the nicest, kind of out dated, but for the $ we paid we felt it was great! Not to mention, the staff at the front desk were VERY friendly, especially Jose. Even when the front lobby was packed with people he took his time showing us how to get around and giving us advice about the area. Also, if you are looking to use the light rail for transportation into downtown Seattle, this hotel is right across the street from the airport light rail station. VERY convenient.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just an average hotel. It was clean. Toilets did not work very well. Air-conditioner worked very well, the room actually got quite cold.
We just needed a place to keep luggage after our cruise so we could spend some time in Seattle. We were not going to stay the night, so the quality of the room was not that important.
Front Office Staff was wonderful, they were very courteous and very helpful!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are less HOT.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Williston, North Dakota, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I realize that there is no way to please everyone, especially seasoned picky travelers who expect perfection every time. I found the Clarion to be a decent hotel. Yes, it could use an update. What hotel couldn't. Given it's proximity to the airport, it has to be impossible to keep it updated all the time. Look, the rooms are clean, the beds are comfy and the staff is wonderful.It's a Choice Hotel people. Quit expecting the Plaza at budget prices! I would stay here again if I make it back to Seattle. Thanks, Clarion for a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The way you view this property will depend on what price you book it at. I was able to get a room for a bargan price. I'm going to give a review as if I paid the websites internet price. I think someone would be dissapointed with this property if paying the full advertised rate. I haven't stayed in every Choice brand hotel, but I would say this property is sub-par. We arrived at 11 PM and there were 2 front desk clerks working which was pleasant to see. Check-in was fast and courteous. Can not lie, there is a dank musty odor to the hallways. Room was spacious and clean. Bed was firm to taste but thats a personal preference. Probably a 42" flat screen and a small fridge and microwave and coffee maker were part of the ammenities of the room. I had actually picked this property for the indoor pool, but even thought its indoors the water was freezing and there is no hot tub to go along with it. There was nobody swimming on a Saturday evening and this may have been why. To sum it up this Clarion probably hasn't had a renovation since the 90s. Furniture and decor are worn and outdated, but things are clean. Overall I was fine for what I had paid, but if I was to have to paid the advertised room rate I would have been disappointed

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd or 3rd floor room. First floor is actually below ground.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!