“Great stay for the bucks” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
San Jose, California
“Great stay for the bucks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The hotel spaces are reasonably clean. You expected to see normal wear and tear in room walls. In addition to the mold and mildew in the shower, the stand looks satisfactory. There is complimentary parking and WIFI, which is a plus. The hotel also runs airport parking program for nine dollar per day, which makes finding a good parking spot not quite easy.

Room Tip: Higher floor if possible.
Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
clariongmseatc, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your input. I will take you issue up with the proper department head to get it corrected and not have it happen in the future. Have pleasant and safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We did the park and fly package. We were very happy with our one night stay and being able to leave our car for 10 days for such a decent rate. Shuttle service was reliable and nice. The hotel itself is a little dated, but very clean. Our room was very clean, comfortable, and a great shower...all the important things. It was surprisingly quiet too. Staff were attentive and pleasant. Will stay here again next time we fly out at the crack of dawn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I appreciate your input. My staff and I always do everything we can to accommodate all of our guests and make their stay the best available. Have safe travels in the future.
Calabash, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at this "hotel" on Sept 21, 2013 for one night prior to cruising to Alaska.

The hotel shuttle was very prompt upon calling the hotel and the driver very friendly and informative as were the front desk staff.

A one night stay at this "hotel" was the best thing I can say about the review of this place. The hotel is in a desperate need for a major overhaul or should I say tear it down and start all over.

We were placed on the third floor and what a shock it was. 1st, the "hall (s)" to the room are more of a glorified, old carpeted ramp(s). These are not condusive to handicaped people. While walking down the hall you feel the weak spots that at all costs avoid. I was worried that one of my party would put their foot through the soft spots. It seems as if you're walking a mile before getting to the room. The room is adequate at best, bed is comfortable and sheets seemed to be clean, the bathroom was lightly clearned, the sink stopper did not work and hair in the bowl of the sink. The room was outdated, old and in need of desperate updating.

Don't even thing about getting some ice. Finding the ice machine for the 3rd floor is an adventure all it's own and you may need a map. You'll have to traverse the "ramp" hallways not once but twice and wind your way to the other side of the hotel for a bucket of ice. Once there, watch your step, there's a stairway, that if you're not looking will spell disaster for you, as in tumbling down the stairs.

On booking this hotel we read there was a continental breakfast, free coffee in the lobby (day and night) and cookies. Where they were? No idea. We did go to the restaurant for breakfast however and was pleasantly suprising, good service, food hot and tasty. As of this writting I see that these items are not mentioned anymore. Interesting.

The best thing about this hotel was the cheap price. I definately would not recommend or stay at this hotel again. I would spend more money for a better hotel, even for a one night stay.

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, I appreciate your input as it helps us to improve our services. I have to correct you on one thing though. There is no website online that says we offer free continental breakfast, free lobby coffee or cookies, we never have. You must have seen that elsewhere. We do however offer excellent service, a full service restaurant and lounge with fantastic food and service. I hope when your in Seattle again you will give us a try again. Thank you.
Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on a recent trip to Seattle - fortunately, only one night. This hotel is in desperate need of updating. The room decor is from the 80's with the same furniture and worn carpet. Strong, unpleasant odor when you stepped off the elevator. Based on the condition of the room we decided it was best not to dine at the in-house hotel. Luckily, there is a Hilton walking distance from the Clarion that offers excellent dining and a delightful atmosphere. Management needs to do some serious updating at this hotel, For thirty dollars more per night we could of had a nice hotel that we enjoyed hanging out at. The next morning we got up super early and left for the airport and had breakfast at Anthony's and enjoyed coffee and reading the news paper. The staff was friendly and the hotel shuttle was prompt.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sorry you are not happy with us. We may not be the newest kid on the block but we do offer great service, clean comfortable rooms with all the updated amenities and the furniture is more from the 2000 era but the carpet is only a few years old. I will look into this a little more to see if I can see what you did. I am truly sorry you did not experience my restaurant, we have excellent service and great food, (based on our customer reviews). I hope you will give us another chance to make it better for you. Thank you again.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Doesn't look like it is in the best part of town however inside the lobby and room seemed clean. The staff was very friendly and outgoing. We had an issue with our luggage from the airlines and had to do laundry so the laundry room was a plus and the front desk had change. However, the lock was broke and when we tried to get in to retrieve our laundry, we had to get the front desk. Free cookies were definitely a plus and breakfast was good too. The only real issue that I had was once in bed, I could visibly see that the comforter had not been washed and I could see pubic hair on it. That was not ok.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your input, I will take this issue up with the housekeeping department. I appreciate your bringing this to my attention and wish you safe travels in the future.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stay at this hotel chain quite a bit and was looking for a NEW home away from home when traveling to the Seattle area but didn't meet my expectations.
Yes great location to airport and transit system, (couldn't be better) ! But...
Room was dirty, someones toothpaste was still in my sink and hair in my tub, (I'm bald) Hello!!
NOT MINE! floors weren't vacuumed to my expectations and there was food left out all night long from ppl ordering from room service! Was still out at 3pm the next day when even housekeeping could have picked it up and gotten the smell out of the hall. Many of my issues were taken care of but I would have liked to see a mgr to explain my issues but I never saw one. I will be traveling to the Seattle area quite often but will probably look at another property for my new home away from home.

Room Tip: Its a pretty big hotel so ask carefully where your room is located to where you might have to park i...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for brining this to my attention. I apologize for the issues you had and I have already taken this up with the proper department head to get it resolved and make sure it does not happen in the future. My staff have been trained to "make everything right" for our guest. If you have an issue we are more than willing to fix it right then and there or do what ever it takes to make your stay satisfactory. Again thank you for your input, I really appreciate it.
Oakland, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here before & after our cruise. We got there way before check in time and they made rooms available for us within 30 minutes. Clean beds and sheets and surprisingly quiet for being so close to airport. There were 2 things: our A/C unit started to leak inside the room (they came quickly and all it needed was to be pushed back into the box) and also, the hallways are very dark (perhaps replacing the plastic, frosted fixture covers with ones with clear glass will be enough to brighten the aisles). Also, a quick sprucing up of the luggage cars is in order. Other than that the staff was great. The shuttle bus was good, had a funny smell.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write and offer your opinion. We use this information to constantly improve our services. I wish you safe travels in the future and hope we will see you again.

Been to Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!