“OK..Not that Bad!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“OK..Not that Bad!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Ok, after reading some of the TA reviews on SeaTac Clarion I was concerned about staying here, but at about one-third of the Marriott price (corp rates), I decided to try it for my 1 night stay.

Overall, it's OK to pretty good for a budget hotel. See pictures. Room was good (think older Hampton Inn before renovations). Included flat screen TV, work desk, free WIFI (worked well for me), good heater that was not too noisy, iron and board, hair dryer, small coffee maker, ice holder and real glass water glasses. Did not have microwave or mini-fridge in my Room 250. Things were a bit worn, but all in working order. Bathroom vanity appears to have been redone recently. Bed was semi-firm but with a pillow top pad and full mattress cover. Was perfect for me--not too soft, not too hard. Oh and they had two sets of pillows (2 feather and 2 non-feather)--great for me as I'm allergic to feather ones. Fairly quiet, I did not hear others, but they said it was only 40% occupied the night I was here.

This Clarion does not have free breakfast, but does have a nice restaurant where Clay cheerfully served me a good Mexican omlette and alway tasty Seattle coffee. There was also a nice sized lounge/bar area. Even with breakfast, total cost was far under a c-note.

The pool and work out areas (see pics) appeared clean and up-to-date, however, I did not use them on this trip.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised, and I'd stay here again if needed. Staff were all friendly and helpful. And can't beat the location---could almost walk here from the Terminal---but they do have free shuttle that takes about 5 minutes. It's much farther to the new rental car facility---but you can get back here fairly easily. Parking here is free also.

Would normally be a 3 rating for accomodations only, but with the low price, it gets a 4.

Room Tip: There are several outside doors----park at one near your room. (e.g. Door 6 for Room 250) They sho...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Smithers, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Room was ok except the head board fell off the wall. staff where helpful especially the 2 guys on the front desk. and I appreciated the Airport pick up. great for a reasonably priced one night stay as its next to the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DeLand, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Like most hotels near SeaTac, this is an older property and you would not want to stay here more than a few days. However, they do okay for what they have to work with. Hallway carpeting was good and room was generally clean. When I checked in, the initial room I was given had not been properly cleaned and stocked with toiletries, but they immediately put me in an upgrade room. However, this property is within a block of the light rail station at SeaTac, which means you can walk to the airport in 5 minutes. In fact, the hotel did not have a complimentary breakfast so I went to the airport Starbucks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Iwakuni, Japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The staff was so-so. We had to change rooms to get one with a fridge and when we asked if we could get a fridge, the clerk wanted to know why i didn't ask for one in the first place. I'm sorry. I thought all the rooms would have one and on check-in no one told us our room didn't have one. Also, the second room had poor heat and no hot water. There was water damage in the bathroom. Without making any accusations, I arrived with a wedding band and I have no idea where it is now. Someone isn't trustworthy. Also, the restaurant is overpriced.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Whitehorse, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I can't complain about this one because I got it super cheap combined with my air fare. As one reviewer said, it's a little tired around the edges, but not bad when you're only here for one night. It is right across the road from the airport (not that you would want to walk it), which hopfully means a short wait for the shuttle. No big problems, but I wouldn't want to pay more than the low end of the range mentioned on TA (I paid considerably less).
They don't offer a continental breakfast, but do have a restaurant on premises. At 7:30 in the morning I'm the only one here, so we'll see!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice staff but lack of english speakers. V.close to airport, as in across the road. Close to tram into town, just seconds walk. Room room dated but fine. Pool isnt really what anybody wants, perhaps not necessary for this hotel actually.

• Stayed September 2012
Banstead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed in the clarion between tours, there is very little around the area to eat or shop for groceries. I walked a couple of miles to the nearest supermarket to get some supplies. I stayed in 2 different rooms due to swaps. My first room was spacious, clean and in a much quieter part of the hotel. The second room I was moved to was located at the opposite end of the hotel and I think was more recently added to the main building. The rooms was smaller, not so clean and very noisey from corridor and rooms above. Staff were helpful with checkin and out and were able to advise on 'local' amenities. If passing through Seattle, a useful and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!