“My Graduation Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Hoodsport, Washington
“My Graduation Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel during a short vacation to Seattle with my husband for my college graduation and we both really enjoyed it. The room was spacious and the Bed was unbelievably comfortable. Our room was spotless clean and the amenities were a big plus. We thoroughly enjoyed the jacuzzi pool and the friendliness of the the front desk staff. On our second night we returned to the hotel late and as we were approaching the door a staff member was leaving and informed us the doors had closed for the night but the front door was still open, he saw that we had a ton of bags from shopping and said "wait here". The staff member went out of his way to run to the front of the hotel to open the back door for us so we didnt have to walk far. My husband and I were very grateful for the staff member to go out of their way to help us even so late at night and as he was headed home. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family and my husband and I will be planning another trip to the Seattle area and we already are planning on staying here again! :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Vancouver, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We'd never stayed in a Clarion facility before and thought we'd get acquainted by staying at this venue on a quick turn-around overnight trip to Seattle. I have no idea whether or not other Clarion Hotels are like this one, but given our experience I am probably not apt to find out. The Clarion at Sea-Tac feels like someone who dressed up ten or fifteen years ago to go out on a date that never quite happened. Everything is there - spacious rooms, in-hotel cafe and lounge, banquet facilities, big lobby --- but overall, the place feels empty and sad. Everything is shabby and run down - hallway carpets, furniture in the rooms, elevator, stairwells. And the room was freezing - until we put the window airconditioning/heater on -- and then it (loudly) poured too much heat into the room and seemed to be permanent stuck on high no matter how we tried to reset it. There seems to be no other source of heat - in the rooms or in the hallways - there were no thermostats in the room so I can only assume. We looked around for extra blankets - no such luck. I tried calling the desk, but it was late and no one answered. So we "layered up" in sweat shirts and jackets to go to bed. Once we settled in, we discovered that something in the room (smoke alarm??) beeped every fifteen minutes throughout the night. It may have been beeping earlier in the evening but we were watching TV turned up because there was no closed captioning even though the clicker indicated there was. It wasn't entirely awful - the bathroom was sparkling clean, the desk clerks we did meet and the cleaning staff we encountered in the hallways were very friendly and we enjoyed a good breakfast in the restaurant though the very attentive hostess seemed to be hostessing, waiting, helping to cook and delivering room service. No one else was in evidence. We left feeling sorry for the place. With so MANY places to stay in Sea-Tac, I feel its days are numbered. It is much less expensive than the Hilton across the street - but there are many other options nearby which are as inexpensive or even more so and far "happier" places to spend a night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
clariongmseatc, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your candid and detailed review. Even though we are a little older we do offer clean rooms and incredibly friendly service and up to date modern features like flat panel HD TV free internet service etc. We are in the midst of upgrading areas of the hotel and I will use your input to work on the areas you mentioned. Again Thank you for your input.
Oro Valley, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here on way to Hawaii. Rude Somalian shuttle driver! Smelly hallways. Priced right if overnight stay. Female staff very friendly, helpful. Back from Hawaii, another story. Male desk clerk at midnight says shuttle on way.20 minutes later, called again still no shuttle. Waited 40 minutes only to have shuttle pass me by. The rude shuttle driver tells me I must have called the wrong hotel for pickup. Yeh, sure. Finally at hotel waiting in line 23 minutes. Meanwhile the mae desk clerk is answering the phone and telling customers, shuttle's on its way; or if it doesn't oick you up, it's full and will be there as soon as possible. Meanwhile, the shuttle is still sitting in the hotel driveway! You know the rest...I tell the clerk he should have been honest upfront. Hotel's only 5 minutes away and shouldn't take a 40 minute wait. On a positive note, I did get military rate. A much nicer suite that was clean and comfy. The food at the restaurant is good and the restaurant staff are very nice and friendly as is the Hispanic shuttle driver. Fire the Somalian driver for arguing with the customer and disrespect. Abdi, the manager, was aware of the previous nite's snafu.

Room Tip: Reserve the suite.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed here on either end of a flight because of an early departure and late arrival. The first room, on the ground floor, had a terrible smell. In retrospect, I wish I'd gone back and changed it, but usually, even rooms that have been smoked in improve in several hours' time. This one was foul and stayed that way all night. I even woke in the middle of the night and my lungs felt cruddy, so maybe there was a mold problem. Also, the bathtub was full of hair.

Having pre-paid my return trip, I was stuck. But I phoned while on my trip and told them of my experience in Room 141. On the return, I was in Room 341. Much better. I would advise anyone to ask for the 3rd floor, which probably have always been non-smoking rooms. The ones downstairs were probably converted to N/S somewhere along the line, but still stink.

The beds are comfortable and the place is safe with decent staff. I'd still look elsewhere for my next stay.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are probably the freshest smelling.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Downstate, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The one review about bedbugs made me a little paranoid, but I stayed at the Clarion one night anyway, after the Packer-Seahawk game Sept. 24. I looked my room over, more so than I usually do and it was very clean. No bodies under the bed, no bedbugs, but I forgot my blacklight. The bed was comfortable.The maids do a great job. My stay was fine and the Clarion honored a corporate rate so all was good. My hats off to Jose at the front desk, he was very helpful with my reservation, and knew all the restaurants within walking distance. I asked about Asian food and he recommended a Korean-Japanese restaurant nearby in another hotel, just a block away, called something like Happy Terryaki. It was very good and reasonable. You are a block away from the light rail terminal at Seatac. The city and it's attractions are just a 30 minute ride on the lightrail for $2.75.. The shuttle was efficient. The building is a bit tired, but I would stay at the Clarion-Seatac again anytime.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

If you have to spend a night by the airport and do not have any other hotel then spend a night here..only if the price is under $100
very dated place, smelly, the bathroom was not good..We would not stay here at all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Near Dallas Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was attending a seminar at the Hilton Conference Center, and this Clarion is literally across the street from it. I got a clean comfortable room for less than half the price of a room at the Hilton. The shuttle service to and from the airport was prompt and the drivers were courteous. The bedding and mattress were extremely comfortable.
I couldn't go 5 stars because of the dated decor and the lack of any free breakfast, but really, this was a nice stay. A clean room, helpful staff, good location, and prompt shuttle were all at my disposal at a good price. By the way, they offer an AARP discount off of an already competitive price. This room was exactly what I needed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!