“Dated, but certainly adequate for my needs” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Near Dallas Texas
“Dated, but certainly adequate for my needs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was attending a seminar at the Hilton Conference Center, and this Clarion is literally across the street from it. I got a clean comfortable room for less than half the price of a room at the Hilton. The shuttle service to and from the airport was prompt and the drivers were courteous. The bedding and mattress were extremely comfortable.
I couldn't go 5 stars because of the dated decor and the lack of any free breakfast, but really, this was a nice stay. A clean room, helpful staff, good location, and prompt shuttle were all at my disposal at a good price. By the way, they offer an AARP discount off of an already competitive price. This room was exactly what I needed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We were attending a conference at the Hilton. I woke with what I thought were mosquito bites all over me. When my son found a bug crawling on his pillow, I took it down to the desk at 1AM. They denied it was a bedbug. I came back and found a mature bedbug on my pillow. I checked the mattress--it was crawling with them, and the maids had to have known by all the bedbug feces on the mattress. It looked like they had tried to zip them into a mattress cover, but it didn't keep the infestation contained. I took three bugs down to the front desk in a Ziploc baggy, (but wouldn't surrender the evidence.) They finally changed our room at 2AM--I wanted to go straight home, but my son wanted to attend the last day of the conference. They didn't charge us for the room, but we had to strip on our deck and leave clothing and bags outside in case of contamination. STILL haven't brought that stuff inside the house. Bedbugs survive up to a year without eating, and anything strong enough to kill them is really unhealthy for humans. I would NEVER stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want breakfast, you have to pay extra.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
clariongmseatc, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Bed bugs are a problem that is a fact. They have been found in airplanes, cruise ships, buses the Empire state building, major clothing manufacturing warehouses, etc., etc. They have been located in the best hotels in the world. Fortunately we have had very few incidents with them and I am sorry that this guest had to experience these pests. My staff and I have taken a very proactive approach to this issue (as should all hotels) Housekeeping keeps a vigilant eye out for any tell-tale signs of these insects. On a quarterly basis we rotate box springs, beds and inspect the guest room for bed bugs. My rooms are professionally treated on a regular rotating basis for all insects including bed bugs. However these critters are hitchhikers and attach themselves to travelers suitcases and are travelling the world. Which makes it difficult at best to prevent them. But we do everything we can to keep them out. When any room has a bed bug I spend thousands of dollars not only treating that room but all rooms in the surrounding area as recommended by the professional pest control company that we use as a further preventative measure. It is unfortunate that this happened and they do cause grief and money to hotel operators. But we will as always continue to educate train, treat and inspect rooms to help prevent them. I hope that I can win back this guest in the future.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed here for a few days - I will say that is itsn't the cheapest around but it does has some positives. It is clear it needs a revamp - the interiors are showing thier age (such as the carpets). It sadly reminded me of some of the cheaper hotel chains. The rooms themselves were clean, but I would hope thier would be plans to invest in a revamp in the future the next time I stay. Just be aware that the rooms are not soundproof - you will hear the water running from other rooms for example, and if your room is facing the airport, you do hear the road traffic.
On the plus side, the location is ideal. It is right near the light rail station, so if you want to go into the city and don't want to hire a car, it is literally minutes to walk to the station. If you have minimal luggage or want the exercise, you could easily walk to the terminal (probably about 10 minutes walk). There is plenty of parking if you are indeed driving and a shuttle as well. I didn't try the facilities like the restaruant etc. The free wifi is definently appreciated, although it is a little slow at times.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your input. I use this information to help improve my services and product and we understand we may not be the newest hotel but we have clean comfortable rooms/beds, excellent service and a great location. Again thank you I appreciate your business and comments.
Davenport, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I needed a place to stay as I arrived late from a flight from Orlando. I chose Clarion because it was close to the airport and had a shuttle to the hotel. The staff was extremely nice and helpful, but long dark and dysmal hallways reminded me of the Stephen King novel ”The Shining” very creepy and not a look a hotel should be duplicating.
The room was clean and decent, just dated furniture and tv.
Not sure I would recommend this place for any long term stay, which is a shame since the staff is more than adequate.

• Stayed August 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We needed to stay near the airport and driving back from Spokane, we looked for a couple of rooms using internet booking sites. This place did have 2 rooms available, a 3-star rating and an indoor pool, so we booked. The staff was most unhelpful. The TV in the lobby was blaring cartoons - I asked the person at the desk if we could turn the TV down as no one was watching and he said he was watching... my mistake, I thought he was supposed to be helping me! The stay was okay, the rooms so-so, and I just don't see how this place gets a 3-star rating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Hotel needs serious update. A few scattered pieces of new furniture and some new carpet but paint is scratched on the elevators, the furniture is old and scratched in the rooms, business services include pay per copy, there is no coffee in the lobby, and no breakfast except the restaurant. If you want a pillow and a bed then this will work. I travel for business and this is not a room that makes you feel at home. I am a platinum member of Choice Hotels and this is bottom of the line for that group.
As to the managers response, please saved the cut and paste response.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Mr. Sellers, I am very sorry for your dissatisfaction with my hotel. As always my staff do their very best to make your stay comfortable but is obvious that we could not accommodate you to your satisfaction and I am truly sorry for that. If you would like please feel free to email me and I would like to find a way to make it up to you and win you back in the future. I truly mean this. Thank you and have a nice day.
Meridian, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was expecting this to be more of a motel experience but was surprised because for the value for the money definitely exceed expectations!

I think there are 2 wings; an older wing to the left and a new wing to the right. We stayed on the right side.

The room was cleaner than expected. How do I know? Well usually we clean the room with wet-wipes; handles, remote, switches etc. There was hardly any dust at all. The condition of the room was in a good shape too!

I would strongly recommend this hotel (especially the new rooms if there's such a thing) because you are getting good value for the money. Plus there is free hotel shuttle between the airport and hotel.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of bags, try and get a room as close as possible to the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!