“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Bhopal, India
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

While a transit from Seattle to Amsterdam I stayed at Clarion. Rooms are great, bathrooms are clean, modern and great. There are several vending machines near room aisles to help yourself for beverages anytime you need. Restaurant is excellent with a good spread varieties for breakfast and lunch. I was highly impressed. A gym and swimming pool was too enticing for me to participate but due to lack of time I could not use it. They provides a 24 hour free shuttle service from Airport to hotel and back immediately at request. Overall a great hotel for business / family / vacation stay.

Room Tip: Ground floors are best if you have more luggage.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Cedar City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Very disappointed in this Clarion Hotel by Choice Hotels. My first time staying at a Clarion and it will be my last at this location. Old furniture with lot's of scratches, patches on the walls. The bathroom towels were very nice and also the bedding, that was the only nice thing about our room. Hotel restaurant was OK, there is a Denny's 1 block away and the Lite Rail is very close by. Use of the hotel computers was nice for printing out boarding passes and very close to Sea-Tac. Internet was very slow and hard to connect for some people.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
clariongmseatc, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
The pictures posted on this review are a bit dated. We have since replaced the desk chairs and old sleeper sofas with contemporary lounge chair and ottoman. We have received many comments on the chairs and how comfortable they are. I hope we will have the chance to show this guest again the new changes.
Surrey, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

This hotel was OK. It has seen its better days. Coffee is 2.50 a paper cup. The beds were clean, and no bed bugs. However the "spa" was another matter, the whirlpool had phelm foating on the surface, and the pool was welcoming, but a little cloudy. Old towels littered the area, and standing water was all around. Do not use this part of the hotel There are no showers in this area as well, so people who are unaware have to troop back to their rooms to do a pre shower before getting into the spa. The hotel staff on the night shift washappy and welcoming. The day staff was abrupt, and unwelcoming. I could not get over the feeling that this was purchased a short time ago, and it is being run into the ground. I do not know of course. I would stay again,(out of necessity) but I would not use the 'spa' , or even think of using the restaurant. Overall I would give this hotel a 2 or 5.

• Stayed April 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

I was a little worried about how this hotel would be, but since it was just a place to sleep between flights (we spent approximately 8 hours there), I figured we take the risk. When we arrived, via shuttle, at 11:30pm we were greeted by a nice woman who checked us in. We were able to get in to go to bed right away. The beds were very comfortable and plush and I went to sleep right away. The bathroom was clean and the shower was hot in the morning. We went to their resturant for breakfast on the 2nd floor before we left on our morning flight back home. It took us awhile to get seated, but other than that it was a nice experience. The amount of food per person was more than enough!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed for one night. The hotel rates were reasonable with the park n' fly feature. Bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. Good amenities like the pool and fitness gym.
Service at the desk was professional and congenial.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Ontario, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Couldn't be more convenient to the airport-- 24-hour shuttle is prompt; you could walk if necessary, it's so close.

Our booking was last-minute (missed the last flight out) and we were very pleased with our choice. The room was large, comfortable, and clean. Yes, the air conditioner was noisy, and there were some cosmetic issues with the room-- marks on walls, worn carpet. But the bed was very comfy, with nice linens and duvet. The room was quiet. The toiletries and in-room coffee were quite acceptable. The service was fantastic.

If you need to catch an early flight, in my experience you can't go wrong with the Clarion.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Port Angeles, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

I stayed in room 345. Woke up in the middle of the night feeling something crawling on me. Got up and looked...bedbugs! It was so disgusting! They put me in another room at 4 a.m. but still could not sleep the rest of the night. In the morning the day manager did not appologize or even sympathize with me. She did tell me that they would inspect the room though and that they do preventive measures for this sort of thing, just before she started to ring my bill up. I told her that I was not going to pay for the room and she informed me that she knew that it might not have been very comfortable, but I had a sleep and park rate and she could not refund me the parking charge.Uncomfortabel is an UNDERSTATEMENT!!! I was shocked and horrified! I took my car to Thrifty Park and will never return to the Clarion.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
clariongmseatc, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, September 29, 2010
I am truly very sorry that this guest had this experience at my hotel it is regrettable what took place and I am taking steps to correct this with this guest. All hotel chains are dealing with this issue very seriously and are taking steps to combat the problems caused by bed bugs. We at the Clarion have been and will continue to take a very proactive approach to this global problem. We routinely inspect rooms and if a suspected room is found, that room is immediately treated to eradicate this pest by a professional pest control company. As a precautionary measure all surrounding rooms are treated as well to prevent them from spreading. It is very unfortunate that this guest was in this situation as we make every attempt to keep this from happening. We are certain that there are isolated incidents when this will happen as we have not found any other issues. However, we will always maintain a strong vigilance to keep these pests under control and out of our hotel.

Been to Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!