“Expected more for $80” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 34 hotels in SeaTac
Flint, Michigan
“Expected more for $80”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was clean. It is right across the street from the airport and they provided a free shuttle and luggage storage. TV didn't work and front desk did not answer my call about it, though it was very late. Breakfast was cereal and toast. There was a cookie box but it was empty at both check in and check out. Drain in the bath tub needed to be cleaned (of hair) as did the laminated info paper on the desk. It was full of something sticky. The waste temperature in the shower was very erratic. I know you get what you pay for, but I was too uncomfortable to go back.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
White Hall
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff was pleasant but that's where the positives end. The hotel is convenient to the airport but it's terribly run down. Our room lock was broken and only worked with a great deal of perseverance. Our room was partially renovated but grungy. The bathroom was dirty and had many mold stains in the shower. The mocrowave in the room was broken. The breakfast was inadequate- white bread, muffins, and cold cereal. The toaster did not work. The area was filthy and there were 1-2 tables for all the guests. I have stayed in inexpensive hotels and there is no excuse for operating a run down facility.

• Stayed August 2014
Lexington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel appeared to be ok enough to get by. Desk clerk was not friendly . First night , woke up with stinging places on legs that were itching. Next night, woke up with legs Covered in bites like chiggers. As I checked out , I tried to call the desk clerk's attention to it, but he brushed me off and said-- "Too Busy, Too Busy" . Also.. I stood at entry of laundry room , which was next to my room and watched the man fold a number of towels. He put the center of his mouth on every towel to hold it while he finished folding it. This was germy and nasty. Do not stay here. He slso made me feel like a lier or cheater when I asked for two keys. Thought someone else was going to join me. I said absolutely not, but he askef me several more times.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Kansas City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I will never stay in this hotel again. It is terrible and is not safe. You can hear people walking all night like checking rooms. In fact, i noticed that my room has an alarm door contact installed on the door. During my stay, a person was trying to open my room around 9:30pm and I open the door and ask what was the problem and the guy started to look inside my room then he said that was his mistake, he got confused??? The room is terrible, smell bad and the location is terrible.
Never again..... book at your own risk !!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've stayed in many hole-in-the-wall motels that are better, but this takes the official title of ghetto lodge, which is concerning because I stayed here zince it was a Rodeway Inn. I think Rodeway Inn should be concerned about its branding and if they're not, then the choice hotels group should be concerned. It was a really dodgy motel. The only reason I stayed here was because my flight had flown in really late and I thought it best to get one night's sleep close to the airport and then transfer to the city centre in the morning. After this experience, I would either have paid a bit more and stayed somewhere else near the airport, or just gone straight to my hotel in the city. I get what I pay for.

Cons: smelly, no elevator, free wifi but 0 signal in my room, the TV wasn't working, creaking floors, dirty, tired furniture, the morning breakfast left a lot to be desired, and an overall uncomfortable feeling.

Pros: free shuttle to/fro airport, cheap, a block away from monorail/light rail transportation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Hamilton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Smelly rooms, dirty carpets, a hallway window without a window or a screen in it what can I say. Just off a cruise ship and wanted somewhere close to the airport on a budget. Arrived very early and were told to come back at 2. (A 4 hour wait) No direction as to what was in the area so we wandered till we found a cute diner to kill time. We should have taken the hint and run then. Do not believe the pictures the management has posted on their site. We were on the third floor and had to haul our luggage up the stairs. It was too far to walk to dinner and by that time we were tired so we just went to bed. Their room service menu consists of a menu for a local pizza place that they will call for you. No thanks. Woke up to get ready for the airport and were surprised that there was no water for a shower. The only positive is that the airport was an easy walk.

Room Tip: Can't recommend it at all.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

to be honest, the smelly carpets in all the hotel do not help at all the value you get from staying here. also, we had an issue with the shower, which was fixable. overall, the smell did put me off from booking ever again. smelly hotel and smelly room is a no-no.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn SeaTac? Share your experiences!