“Just fine for a short stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #29 of 34 hotels in SeaTac
University Heights, Ohio
“Just fine for a short stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The previous reviews that I read for this hotel made me apprehensive about my stay at this hotel, but the friendly service I received from the time the shuttle picked me up at the airport to check in eased my worries. The shuttle driver was very courteous and friendly, the front desk attendant was very friendly and knowledgeable. The 2nd floor hallway smelt a little musty and could use some new paint. I was pleasantly surprised with my room, as it looked updated. The furniture in my room was modern, It had a nice size flat screen T.V located in a nice cabinet with drawers, there was nice sized desk near the window along with a small table and chairs. My room also included a microwave and mini refrigerator, most importantly it was clean. The only complaint I have about the room was the dated looking bedspread. I didn't have a lot of the issues that others experienced. The hotel location is a big plus as well, it's directly across the street from the airport, and the complimentary shuttle runs every 30min which couldn't be anymore convenient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We quickly upgraded to a room with two beds after seeing (and smelling ) the room with a single bed. The first room smelled strongly of deodorizing cleansers and was small and dark. The room with two beds was better in odor and size. Although the TV had only a few channels with decent reception, it did have a small refrigerator and microwave which worked. The carpets throughout the motel should have been replaced years ago. A continental breakfast is included. The coffee and orange juice are decent but I did not want to try the dry cereal without any available milk or a slice of plain white bread.

On a more positive side, the location next to the airport is excellent as was the front desk service by two courteous and helpful ladies.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Pittsboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have recently completed a 62-day trip across America. Of necessity, we stayed at a number of budget hotels This hotel was so bad -- smelly (bags of garbage next to the ice machine), dirty and unfriendly -- that we opted to forgo our prepayment and move to the Clarion next door who told us we were not the first walk-ins from "next door." During our trip, we stayed in small family-owned properties, Motel 6s, Motel 8s, and many other "budget" hotels. All were livable. None were as bad as this. You can get what you pay for, but not here. Save yourself money and agony. Find another hotel!

Room Tip: Avoid all of them!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I saw the reviews after I already made a non-refundable reservation, and thought, "Oh, $#!+!" My apprehension was relieved when I actually arrived. It wasn't that bad. There was a moldy smell in the parking lot and the first floor hallway but none in my room itself. (For the record, I stayed in Room 114 from 16 to 20 Sept. 2013.) The non-smoking rooms are on the first floor and there's no elevator so that's a bonus for non-smokers. Room itself was good quality, contained a microwave, mini-fridge, clock-radio, and hair dryer. Adequate soap and shampoo. A/C worked fine, bed was fine, TV didn't have many working channels, WiFi worked just fine. Breakfast was cereal, milk, OJ, muffins, white toast w/ butter and jelly.

My only semi-serious issue with the place is the long (seems like 10 minutes) walk through the weird alley-like corridor in front of the Clarion parking lot. Other than that it is convenient to light rail and buses. One disclaimer: I'm not a clean freak, so the place could be a little dirty and I wouldn't even notice. It would have to be outright gross before it would faze me.

Room Tip: First floor since there's no elevators. Unfortunately for smokers, the entire first floor consis...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Reno
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

It is a short walk from the light rail just don't try any other way than up 176th St to the dead end of 30th ave S.
First thing I noticed look like something to large went under the covered entrance. and it got worst. The lobby was dingy staff unfriendly, I was early and had to wait for my room to be finished cleaned and I chose the warm outside to the lobby. My room ready?? Third floor, 2 large suitcases and a bum knee, room number was marker on the door, carpet looked dirty, made sure I wore my shoes or slippers. Room was hot so turned on with the A/C, that never cooled the room but was noisy and blew air ( not cold) on you all night. Bed was saggy and old, bath not bad have seen worse. TV about 6 channels and remote?? Did not try the WiFi, I found a bar to stay at in the evening til sleepy returned to room, slept, bathed and went to the airport 5 hours early. It is a flop house and that is all it is and not much of that.

Room Tip: I don't think they have a good room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Beaverton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed overnight to attend Seahawk game so just needed a place to sleep and best price in the area by 30%. Short walk to light rail to stadium. Old and definitely not pretty but worked for me. Skip breakfast go straight to Starbucks.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hilo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

First the good things: continental breakfast provided (muffins and bread still in the bag,) clean crisp linens, clean enough toilet and tub, back door access to the second floor with no stairs, a coin operated washer and dryer for guests.
Now the rest: This place is filthy, nasty. There were dark mildew stains in the bathroom, the air conditioner chugs so loudly it was difficult to sleep, the laundry room stinks very badly, it has never been cleaned. The mattress was lumpy and needs to be replaced. The front desk needs training... simple greeting would be nice, a reply to "good morning" would be appreciated... instead, I was "shushed" because the operator was on the phone and I was asking his son for assistance with our room key. The next morning, a woman was going over the books with a new desk clerk and neither had time to look up when I wanted to cancel my next reservation. The breakfast room was a joke: a couple of round tables in poor condition pushed up against the large out-door type rubbish can. People were actually joking about the conditions, it was dismal. Breakfast was a tray of muffins in a grimy looking plastic case, and a bag of bread tossed next to it. There was cereal, so badly clumped (about 1/2 filled) that it did not dispense. I reached in from the top with the muffin tongs to get some cereal. There was no hot cereal offered. In the room itself, there was a single bottle of guest shampoo that was half used. No other amenities, no microwave, refrigerator, lotions, iron, not even note paper. My husband has mobility problems so we were pleased that we could drive around back to the raised parking lot. Entering through the back door would eliminate any stairs. We did this, only to discover that the keys did not open the back door as he told us it would. The back door and parking lot were littered and filthy. I called the desk and the owners son came running up to open the door for us. When I inquired about getting in through the back door, (after being shushed) I was told I should call the desk so someone could come and open the door because the keypad was locked. The next morning, as we were leaving, another guest was stuck outside, and he complained that his key would not let him in. When we informed him of the "call the desk" system, he was incredulous and annoyed also.This is the worst of all the Rodeway hotels I have ever visited. It is convenient, close to Sea Tac, and they do have a shuttle. We switched over to the Clarion next door for our next stay, it cost $40 more for the two of us, well-worth it and a far cry from the Rodeway next door.

Room Tip: Book a room next door at the Clarion Inn
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn SeaTac? Share your experiences!