“Motel 6 Seatac South Military Road WA” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Seattle South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   20651 Military Rd, SeaTac, WA 98198   |
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Lawndale, California
“Motel 6 Seatac South Military Road WA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Check in was easy but was taken aback because I had to sign the back of the receipt acknowledging that I had read their "security notice" that Seatac Police would be called for any disturbances. As I was unpacking, it seemed like I was being "solicited" by another guest, asking if I needed/wanted any "conversation". Never had that sort of "reception" at any other Motel 6. I will not be staying at this Motel 6 again. - I just did not feel safe.

Room Tip: Spend the few extra bucks and go to the Motel 6 on International Bl - much better location and bette...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

A motel 6 property is by nature a tough review because Motel 6 occupies the budget sector. So obviously you're not going to see Ferrari's and Lotus, etc in the parking lot, nor are you going to have exotic spa sessions or dining options. If you are thinking about a Motel 6, it's because either you can't or don't want to afford the fancy places, have no need for them, and want to know if this place is reasonably clean and reasonably safe. And I'm happy to report, I think it is. Sure - it's not operating room spotless, and I wouldn't leave a stash of gold bullion in my room for a month (if I had such a stash), but I've stayed here several years and while it's not the best motel I stay at on my trips, you know, I've had worse. So for a M6 property, given it has a nice location reasonably close to the airport and easy access to the interstate, it's worth a look if this is what you need. If you keep your expectations in check with what this is, you'll be fine.

Room Tip: If you can, get a room that does NOT face the pool. It will be quieter. Ideally, the rooms on the si...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank NashvlMike
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

First sign of trouble were the broken down cars in the parking lot that obviously hadn't moved for months. Next were the kids bicycles lying around the motel property. There were clearly a lot of "guests" that were living out of their rooms. I don't think I have ever seen so many different breads of Rottweilers in one location either.

The room itself reeked of mildew and the carpet was so gross I didn't dare take my shoes off. I went to the main office and requested someone come look at the condition of my room but no one ever came. I was there for a week.

The best part of the trip was the form letter I received from Motel 6 management after leaving a less than stellar review of the property. There was no way to respond to the author and when I contacted the corporate office I was told they would have to defer me to the general manager of the property I stayed at.

Wake up Motel 6 Management! If the general manager cared about the property they wouldn't have allowed it to deteriorate to its current condition. And stop sending out your letters of concern if your not going to provide a means of 2-way communication. Go stay in room 116 and see for yourself what the problem is.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Peachtree City, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Other than the fact a non-smoking room had a horrible cigarette smell, I was fairly pleased for a Motel 6 where room rates were rediculous on Summer weekend in the Seattle area. Freeway was close and a bit noisey, but close to the airport for a short stay to catch an early morning flight.

• Stayed July 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

The room was sort of an emergency booking since we'd been booked at the Kings Inn, downtown Seattle, but it was a dive and we got our money back, booked this on line, and drove 18 miles to finally relax. The motel is relatively new, very clean room. If you don't mind almost no amenities and a TV that's 20 years old for $123 + 16% tax, you're good to go.
The thing that turned me off was its supposed to be a non smoking site, yet people were hanging out, outside their rooms smoking as we walked by with luggage. It's my guess that's what you get when management doesn't enforce the rules.
It's cheap, in and out, so you move on.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rich W
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Considered the price paid this is not bad. Room was clean but we asked for a non-smoking room, this was not the case; the room had a clear cigarette smell. Shower was quite clean. We had the idea that some people use the hotel for long term stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We frequently come to Seattle for business and this unfortunately has been one of our lodgings. Do NOT recommend. It seems to be more for short-term housing for out-of-sorts people than for travelers and tourists. Feel the need to make sure the doors are really well locked at night, and bolt for our vehicle when we go to leave. You just don't feel safe in this place and it will definitely be our last stay tonight. Long dark hair in the sink and tub which certainly wasn't ours! Unrelenting drone of the highway will give you a migraine. Spend another $20 and go to Quality Inn - you won't regret it.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here get a second floor room on the Military Road side - not the highway. It...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Laura C
Also consider these accommodations in or near SeaTac
Ramada Suites SeaTac Airport
Marina Inn
#1 of 5 in Des Moines
3.5 of 5 stars 122 reviews
Comfort Inn & Suites Sea-Tac Airport

Been to Motel 6 Seattle South? Share your experiences!