“The Most Serene & Gorgeous Hotel Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“The Most Serene & Gorgeous Hotel Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I are frequent visitors to the Pacific Northwest and we *always* make a point of staying at the Cedarbrook Lodge, sometimes more than once!

The hotel itself is perfect when it comes to blissful tranquility and amenities. From the sweetly appointed rooms to the considerate "family lounges"...there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that has been overlooked. As someone who stays in A LOT of hotels, it's very easy to see the amount of future-planning and guest-consideration that went into the all encompassing travel experience environment that Cedarbrook wanted to create.

Love, love, love, love, love the family room. Did I mention that I love it? I really mean it. It's very nice to see a hotel that goes above and beyond for their guests. It's just really something special to go grab a bottle of water or a scoop of chocolate-covered raisins sometimes (my husband has discovered coffee ice-cream which is now a staple in his diet). Everything is meant to refuel and recharge you.

The breakfast is top-notch. As I mentioned, my husband and I usually stay at least twice during our trip west (once at the start, once at the end) ... we always look forward to breakfast. It's perfect. (Offerings include: Hard boiled eggs, oatmeal with an assortment of garnishes, smoked fish, bagels, local preserves, danishes/sweets, dry cereals, fresh fruits, juices, hot cocoa, coffee, tea and more!)

The grounds are meticulously kept. The only eek is the spiders that nest by the over-hanging lights and the covered pass-through between buildings. Eek on that. (This girl hates spiders! And I probably look certifiable based on the way I literally RUN past them).

The beds, OH THE BEDS. Super comfortable inducing the best night(s) sleep. The hotel, despite being close to the airport and sprawling and pretty much nestled into a neighborhood is exceptionally quiet.

The bathrooms -- okay, the bathrooms... I always look forward to taking a long bath at the Cedarbrook. It's a real treat. The tubs are soaker tubs, extra deep and the hot water is inexhaustible. They provide guests with bath salts and it's really quite lovely.

But, very few places are without issues and Cedarbrook has its fair share of faults.

During our trip this past spring (April 2014) we stayed in an "accessible" queen room (the only one available when we booked in the Dogwood) and it was kind of a mess. I mean, the chair blew feathers all over the room, and all over us. We were covered -- and it's a good thing neither my husband nor I are allergic. When I called the desk to let them know they "thanked" me and asked if we were allergic, I said "no" and that was pretty much the end of it ... no offer to come get the chair or clean up the feather-storm. While we may not be physically offended by the feathers, it's still not cool to pay over $200.00 a night to stay in what basically amounted to a chicken coop. That was pretty disappointing. (However, when we stayed there this July 2014 we were in another room --not an accessible-- with a new chair, no feathers)

When we asked the manager (?) at the front desk what local beaches were great for walking he sort of "hemmed" over it and eventually told us Alki Beach -- but it was mostly for "cruising" and "being seen".... Come again? Not exactly the most professional choice of words, and we're young enough to know what that means... Ultimately we skipped the beach and headed to Pike Place and the Pier ... but I guess if you want to be seen or cruise, Alki is the spot to go.

The room service menu is limited to fancy-pants options and sometimes a girl just doesn't want fancy pants. We like room service, especially when we're coming in off the road -- which is either the night after we flew in or the night before we fly out after doing the Peninsula for 10+ days. I'm not a big carnivore, but sometimes I just want a simple cheeseburger -- you can't really get that. I tried the crab cakes one -- they were GREASY as all get out. Yick. No.

Parking. Let's talk about parking. I don't know if this is mentioned on their website...maybe? But, here's the deal... You have to pay to park. It wasn't always that way -- I believe on our first trip a handful of years ago, parking was free... but now it's not. It's $20.00 per night for self and a bit more for valet. Okay, it's really not the end of the world, but as a hotel guest (with a reservation, and an overnight guaranteed stay) it just feels like gouging (I know other hotels roll parking into room rates, but what I don't know can't bother me). Now, don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the free perks which consistently makes staying with Cedarbrook an easy choice, all which I've talked about at length, but parking is parking... I understand that Cedarbrook does cater to a particular cliental (the business world) but if you're a guest at the hotel, paying upwards of $150.00 per night... well. Really?

And since we're talking about parking ... The lot is small, there are times when it is filled to max capacity. It's not always easy to find a spot, especially at peak hours. Just and FYI.

Okay, and selfishly I have a small wish list, too:

Can we please get a gift shop? I know you have the little quarter wall by the reception desk and all -- but how awesome would it be to get a Cedarbrook sweatshirt? Pretty awesome. I know you're an airport hotel, and I know you cater to the "comings and goings" ... but for me, you're a destination resort, the same as any other. I'd proudly walk around wearing your name.

And, in coming soon news -- A SPA WILL BE THERE SOON.

I cannot begin to put into words how pumped I am. I can just picture it -- 10 days of hiking, capped off with an hour long massage right on the property. Someone pinch me. And there will be a hot-tub and it's all going to be amazing.

Long story short: I love the Cedarbrook. My husband loves the Cedarbrook. You can stay at a Marriott in just about any city in just about any country and in many instances a hotel is just a hotel, but if you want an authentic PacNoWe experience, this is the place to get it. So, yeah, treat yourself and your family, even if it's just for one night.

Room Tip: Any room is great, but if you don't need an accessible room, opt for something different.
Green Features: Everything -- even the bamboo-sleeved pens -- are eco-friendly.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Alleah P, Front Office Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your beautiful review of Cedarbrook Lodge. I appreciate you taking the time and consideration to write such a thorough review of our property. I also appreciate you being a return guest of ours.

While I am pleased to read the positives from your stays with us, I would like to touch base on a couple of the "faults" you pointed out. As you noticed during your August stay, our rooms are now equipped with brand new leather sofa chairs and ottomans - hence, no more "chicken coop" for you and your husband!

As far as parking is concerned, as you know from past experiences, Cedarbrook very much places an emphasis on not only exceeding the experiences of our guests in a unique urban environment, but also in creating great value and not “nickel and diming” our guests. Unlike most hotels in the region and the immediate SeaTac area, we provide complimentary Wi-Fi, Northwest inspired continental breakfast, full business center services, local and national newspapers, umbrellas, and of course – complimentary snacks and beverages 24 hours a day in our livingrooms.

Parking is the only area in which a service related fee applies. We do so, not as a profit center, but as a means to cover our hard costs so that we can keep all the aforementioned amenities, benefits and services free for our guests. Due to the size of our hotel and the amount of local meetings and banquet business conducted at our lodge, we are “under-parked” and are required to mandate that our employees park off-site (365 days per year) and sometimes even require our staff to valet park guest vehicles up to ½ mile away from Cedarbrook Lodge.

We simply seek to cover our hard costs of paying for off-site parking. Being true to our values and beliefs…we always endeavor to create value, even when we assess such fees. Our self and valet parking rates are up to 30-40% lower than all other SeaTac Hotels and more than 100% lower than downtown Seattle or Bellevue Hotels. Thank you for understanding!

We too are looking forward to the opening of our Spa! Multiple treatment rooms, a manicure/pedicure station, and more! We hope to welcome you back once the Spa is open.

Thank you again for your review of Cedarbrook Lodge. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you wish to book with us!

Best,

Cedarbrook Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Indonesian first
Atlantic Beach, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My family and I stayed at this beautiful lodge on our way home from an Alaskan vacation. I can't say enough about the beauty and the elegance of this place. We came in very early from our cruise and the staff was so welcoming and helped to place us in our room early in the morning. The beds were ultra comfortable and the room was large and inviting. It was a fabulous value and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Alleah P, Front Office Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 5-star review of Cedarbrook Lodge! You're certainly correct, the beauty and elegance of Cedarbrook is astonishing. I am very happy you were able to get in to your room early, especially after traveling on a cruise ship!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

San Diego, CA, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

If you need to stay overnight near Seatac, this is a great hotel. Only minutes away from the airport, on beautiful grounds, with helpful and friendly staff, and a great restaurant to boot! Beats the cookie cutter chains in the area by a landslide. I will definitely stay here again on return trips to Seattle.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor overlooking the natural wetlands to forget you are only a few mile...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Alleah P, Front Office Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Cedarbrook Lodge and thank you for recently being our guest! It is great to see you enjoyed your stay, along with our staff, the grounds and the Copperleaf Restaurant!

We hope to welcome you back soon. Thank you again!

Best,

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Just stayed here for the third time this year
Well kept modern hotel with some terrific features
Free wifi
Free ice cream and snacks in the lounge area in each building
Free frequent shuttle to airport
Free delicious breakfast
Great value for money
Perfect for families and solo travelers alike

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Cedarbrook Lodge - and on behalf of our entire staff, thank you for being a frequent guest of ours!

I am happy you've got to enjoy some of our complimentary amenities during your stays with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed here pre cruise after reading about Cedarbrook in the Sunset Magazine. We had a great time exploring Seattle from here and despite unusually heavy rain we were able to see most of Seattle. Dinner was excellent as were the breakfasts. Would stay here again , with pleasure. We even met a gentleman who was on a layover between flights who came for lunch. Great escape from airport food .

Room Tip: Our room was a bit of a walk but gave us a great view of landscaping and some exercise .
Green Features: We didn't finish our bottle of wine at dinner. We got to take it back to the living room (shared space) and they even gave us glasses to use.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 5-star review of Cedarbrook Lodge! I am happy you found us in Sunset Magazine and decided to stay with us. We appreciate your survey and are happy you enjoyed your stay as well as your dinner in Copperleaf Restaurant.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Flew into SeaTac to begin a west coast trip and needed something near the airport. We stumbled upon Cedarbrook and it was so nice we changed our plans to add another night at the end of the trip so we could stay there again. Got picked up at the airport and within 5 minutes we were there and what a beautiful retreat! Even though we arrived ahead of regular check-in time, the friendly staff found us a room so we could freshen up before heading downtown. The clean room was nicely appointed, had a large comfortable bed and a nice view of the well-maintained grounds. As others have stated, it's a tranquil setting with what I would call a "big woods/Japanese gardens" feel.
The included breakfast was delicious with many healthy options - salmon, smoked trout, oatmeal, fresh fruit and baked goods, etc. On our last evening I had time to use the workout facilities which were comparable to what you'd find at your local health club - a far cry from the "universal gyms" that some hotels pass off as a workout option. Additionally, there are showers available if you'd like to do take advantage of that before heading back to your room. I would have liked access to a pool but that may be something they are addressing in their new construction.
As others have mentioned, the food is pricey but we tried the cheaper option of happy hour in the bar with a friendly staff and excellent food.
Your room could be in any one of a few larger buildings - all connected by sidewalks and each building has a common area with various complimentary snacks as well as a stocked fridge that contained water, cheese and ice cream while we were there - very nice touch.
All in all, Cedarbrook was an unexpected treat and not at all what you would expect when someone mentions "airport hotel".

Dear Guest,

Wow - thank you for the beautiful review of our property! I enjoyed reading the details of your stay!

I am so pleased you found the beauty in our property and our customer service. We certainly strive to make memorable experiences for our guests and I am happy this was apparent to you.

We hope to welcome you back very soon. Thank you again!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

There is no disputing this is a beautiful hotel and so far off the norm from your usual airport hotel. Great service, beautiful rooms, the food is very expensive and really the only downside. A bowl of soup was really a sip of soup for $10 and about one whole beet with some creme fraiche was $12. Great wine selection, but if you're hungry, I found the menu too limited and very overpriced, and I work in the exec. food industry.

Room Tip: I booked on hotels.com and got a great mobile rate.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Alleah P, Front Office Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property. I greatly appreciate your feedback! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, the beautiful grounds, our service, and more. We hope to welcome you back again soon!