“Resort oasis .... great conference setting” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, Colorado
“Resort oasis .... great conference setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our business team of 9 members conducted a weekend conference at the Cedarbrook Lodge. The lodge is only 7 minute drive to SeaTac airport but you'd think you were in the San Juan Islands or a Cascade mountain lodge.
There is total seclusion and even quiet (no airplane noise) on this property.
Conference room was well equipped and comfortable with fast Wi-Fi.

The interiors of the Cedarbrook provide a get-away-from-it-all ambiance that is pure Norhtwest vibe: post and beam soaring ceilings and two-story windows looking out onto beautiful and serene landscaping.
Hotel rooms were 4-star with everything a business traveler would want including possibly the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, a wide desk and real office chair, a reading chair with ottoman, huge flat screen TV.....
Lunches were provided by the hotel and were outstanding: fresh salads, home made dressing, salmon..... again, 4-star resort quality.
Even the coffee was gourmet Cafe Vita.

If there is any improvement I would want is more of a hot breakfast. The continental breakfast, while fresh and appealing, leaves one wanting for an omelet.

The lodge is only 9 minutes drive to Southcenter Mall, with the usual chain restaurants, but also some excellent Thai restaurants, plus Grazie Italian which our team greatly enjoyed on evening.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that your small conference was successful. Thank you for choosing Cedarbrook Lodge. Although we have established a niche as a desire get-a-way, we remain highly dependent and appreciative of business travelers and meeting/conferences. It is our desire to provide a little something for everyone that creates a memorable experience.

It is in that vein, that I express my gratitude for your wonderful review. I do hope we have the opportunity to serve you and your conference attendees in the future. As a side note, for groups and conferences - we have a full hot breakfast banquet menu to choose from (including a chef attended omelet station).

Cedarbrook Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Indonesian first
Nelson, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed here one night as it was close to the airport. From the shuttle service to front desk, restaurant and room service the staff were very pleasant, informative and unobtrusive. The food and wine were great, and the room was lovely, clean and comfortable. The grounds and hotel itself are beautiful. The free snacks in the "livingroom" (shared by all rooms on the floor) were a great treat after a long flight! I want to make the trip to SeaTac just to go back here- I've never said that about an airport hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so happy that you discovered Cedarbrook (yes....we are considered an airport hotel and I am glad we are your favorite) and that we were a wonderful surprise.

I will be certain to share your kind comments with our culinary and beverage team, as well as the entire staff of the Lodge.

I do hope to see you again soon!

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The hotel is located in a natural wetland area that has been preserved/protected, despite it's location near the airport. It makes for a tranquil and beautiful setting. The grounds are lovely and the low rise buildings make it look like a retreat, not a hotel. It's very quiet and peaceful. The suites are large and well worth the price. The restaurant is excellent, and the morning "included" breakfast is ample and of very good quality. This is my first pick for an airport hotel, I stay here every time I transit through Seattle.

Room Tip: The suites at the ends of the buildings are very nice, with large rooms, sitting area and fireplace.
Green Features: Green space is maintained and the hotel clearly has a commitment.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your loyalty in choosing to stay at Cedarbrook whenever your travel plans call for a visit to or through Seattle.

Furthermore, I sincerely appreciate and am grateful for your kind words and wonderful review/rating on TripAdvisor.

I do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed here 5 years ago after the 2008 bust and Washington Mutual's collapse (the resort was built as a private WAMU training facility). It's still evident how much money Wamu was making on subprime loans. The place is amazing. And they've kept it up well. I was greeted with homemade apple cider and a very welcoming bellman and front desk team. The room is great -- a bit small, but the bed is easily one of the best I can remember (Beauty Rest Black Luxury Hotel Collection). Each main lodge building has a community area with fireplace, blazing-fast wifi and free snacks and bottled water. This place is the only option for those wanting a comfortable, different, luxury hotel near Seatac (5 minutes) without all the usual drudgery and boring chain hotels. I don't want to leave.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

And we do not want you to leave.....

Thank you for the wonderful review and for your generous words. I am so happy you loved the beds....they are only a few months old. I take comfort (no pun intended) in knowing we made the perfect choice for our valued guests.

I truly hope it is not five more years before we see you again!

My best,

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The staff is professional and friendly and we were treated very well. Alice, our check in person, Lanny the bartender (he makes good chocolate matinis and bloody marys) and Jodie our waitperson at their restaurant plus all the others, unfortunately we didn't get all their names, were great. The free chips, ice cream, water, fruit, and yogurt in the lobbies was a nice touch. The continental breakfast was good as well as the food in their restaurant and bar. The shuttle service to the airport and metro line to Seattle was efficient and a great way to get to Seattle without worrying about traffic or parking. The room was very nice and clean and you can order different pillows which we had never seen in other places. We were there during the Seahawks game and they had made one of their conference rooms into a big screen TV room to watch the game. That was very welcomed since we had 9 hours to wait for our flight and we could check our luggage into their safe room and stay at the lodge and watch the game. They also have nice walking paths around their property. We would recommend this place to anyone that needs to stay in Seattle.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your thorough review of your experience at Cedarbrook. We were thrilled to ensure you had a place to watch the game.

Rest assured, I will share your comments with our entire staff, but most importantly, with Lanny - I know he will appreciate having heard from you.

With best regards, I hope to see you soon!

Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I just attended a very small wedding at the Cedarbrook Lodge. We were told that we could stay to watch the Seahawks game that was right after the wedding. We are all huge Seahawks Fans and have lived in Seattle all our lives and were disappointed at the way that the staff in the bar were treating us. Today's game started at 3:30 and the Cedarbrook was empty with a few people in the small bar to watch the game. We were cheering but considering the place was empty it didn't seem like it should have been that big of a deal, and the fact the couple just paid to have a wedding there you would have though they would have been more gracious about how they treated us. The staff that handled the wedding were all great but the staff in the bar and women running it acted very unprofessionally and she was even talking about us as if we could not hear her to the other staff in the bar. We were in the bar and some had started drinking but I do not drink and would have been annoyed myself it would have been some drunken mess but it wasn't. Very disappointing end to what had been a beautiful day up until that point.

Room Tip: Great place to stay if you are a 49ers Fan!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I very much appreciate your constructive comments regarding your recent visit to Cedarbrook Lodge and Copperleaf Restaurant.

Your experience was without a doubt, the exception and not the rule and I am disappointed that we failed to meet your expectations.

Would you be so kind as to call me at your convenience to discuss further? I can be reached at 206-901-9268.

Thank you and best regards. I look forward to hearing from you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This property is nestled in the woods less than a mile from SeaTac. The property is well kept, quiet, the staff is awesome, and the snacks available 24/7 is awesome! Ice cream, chips, oranges, chocolate on every floor. The fitness center rocks and the shuttle to/from the airport and the Seattle Light Rail goes every 30 minutes. If there were any negatives is that the rooms are very small. Big enough for a bed and chair -- that is all. The bathrooms amenties are great and the service is great as well. I recommend to anyone.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for being so descriptive in describing the favorite parts of your stay.

I truly hope we have the opportunity to serve you again should your future travel plans call for a return visit to the Emerald City.

I also appreciate the great five star rating! See you soon!

Cedarbrook Lodge

Been to Cedarbrook Lodge? Share your experiences!