“Cedarbrook Lodge... the perfect ending to a great vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Cedarbrook Lodge... the perfect ending to a great vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

After flying into Seattle and traveling to the San Juan Islands for a few days we decided to stay close to the airport on our last night of vacation. The Cedarbrook Lodge was recommended by a business associate that had just attended a business conference at the facility. Cedarbrook Lodge is nestled on approximately 18 beautiful acres and offers every convenience imaginable and even a few you wouldn't imagine. Return your rental car early, call the free shuttle for the hotel, and spend your last night in luxury before flying back home. Luxury without great expense is the bonus. Excellent dining experience in the restaurant on the eve of our stay and wonderful complimentary breakfast the morning of our early departure. A perfect ending to a great vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for discovering Cedarbrook Lodge. I am so happy that your experience provided the perfect end to your vacation.

I do hope that you visit us again when on your next visit to the Pacific Northwest!

Cedarbrook Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This place is beautiful, modern, spacious, and offers the perfect amenities for travelers. From the spacious closets to the in-room robe to the spacious and amazing shower, this place has it all. The beds were amazingly comfortable. LOVED IT.

Room Tip: Our family of four slept comfortably in a double queen room.
Green Features: All of the products provided were eco-friendly and amazing.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for discovering our Lodge. I am thrilled that you had a great stay and LOVED our new beds (they are new as of April 2013) - We have receive rave reviews regarding our selection.

Should your future travel plans call for a return visit to the Emerald City, I am hopeful you will choose to stay with us again.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We decided to spend one night in Seattle after our recent Alaskan cruise instead of rushing to the airport after disembarkation.

We decided to give the Cedarbrook Lodge a try, since it was close to the airport, had shuttle service and from all appearances looked like a nice place.

On the way to the hotel from the port the taxi driver said that the Cedarbrook was his "favorite" hotel in Seattle. He was correct in his assessment.

We were greeted immediately and despite arriving at 9:30 a.m., were checked into a room immediately.

The grounds of the facility are magnificent. The only clue that you are near an airport is the occasional sound of a plane landing or taking off. It is as though you are in a retreat/resort setting. The buildings are incredibly well maintained and the staff is, without exception, very friendly.

The room was immaculate. it had a large flat screen TV, great king size bed and a comfortable chair and ottoman. In addition, there was ample desk space. What is unique about the hotel is that every building has a "living room" for the guests where they have fresh fruit, ice, a variety of chips and candy, yogurt and a very comfortable seating area with TV, books and other items. It is a beautiful space.

To top off the great hotel experience we had lunch at the hotel. It was fantastic. We decided to go for dinner as well, since lunch was such a great experience. Dinner was one of the best dining experiences ever. The service was impeccable and not rushed.

Unfortunately, we were only staying for one night and were on the Cedarbrook shuttle at 5:00 a.m. for the short five minute ride to the airport.

I highly recommend the Cedarbrook lodge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the woodlands. It is a very peaceful and tranquil setting.
Green Features: This is the most environmentally friendly hotel I've stayed at. The soaps and other bath products are "green". Their pens are even made of recycle materials.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am so happy you discovered Cedarbrook Lodge for your post-cruise stay. Although you only had one day/night with us...it certainly seemed as though you took full advantage of Copperleaf and the solitude of our retreat.

I do hope you return to Seattle to visit us again.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

North Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stay overnight at Seattle Airport 10 or 12 times a year, taking early departures the next day; there are a few basic expectations for this kind of a stay.

I have struggled with this review for almost a month. There are many superlatives that can be used in describing this hotel -- fabulous grounds, impressive architecture, a culture that is focused on service. But during our stay here, there were a series of hiccups that I found problematic. Here are some. * We left our car for 6 nights while we traveled to the East Coast; when we picked the car up, it was covered with debris and sap, and no effort had been made to clean even the windshield. * The hotel advertises a special "pillow menu"; we ordered a few special soft down pillows. When we got to our room, the special pillows were not there. I called the front desk, and was told that housekeeping would bring them right away. I called again an hour later, and was told that housekeeping would bring them right away. When I finally expressed my exasperation, I was told that the special pillows are not usually put into the rooms until the evening, and a moment later, they arrived. * Dinner: Lovely restaurant, nice wait staff. The menu was impossible -- full of special and expensive items, such as foie gras, that we simply did not want to eat. When I said to our server that we had seen several nice items on the room service menu that we had expected to find on the restaurant menu, and we were going back to our room to order room service, she said "let me bring you that menu, and also the bar menu. I'm sure we can find you something to please you." I told this story to the young woman who happened to be on the front desk, and she said "I don't like that dinner menu either...", and agreed with me that servers ought to at least mention the alternative menus when you sit down. Final item: morning shuttle service. The information at the front desk says "guests are asked to book the shuttle they desire..." We booked for a time around 5 AM, so we could get to our very early departure; we were there a few minutes early. The shuttle was there. The driver was there. No other guests had booked. But we were told that we had to stand around and wait because the shuttle couldn't leave until the assigned time in case a guest appeared unannounced. If the shuttle goes with anyone who shows up, whether they book or not, then why ask people to book? If a guest has had the courtesy to book, why treat them as though booking is irrelevant?

This hotel has an amazing collection of 5-star reviews. It is really difficult to weigh the comfort and attractiveness of this property against the little indignities we felt on this visit; it just seemed that for us, on this particular stay, an amazing number of little things didn't work right.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I very much appreciate your taking the time to write such a detailed review. Although you had a great experience overall, the few indignities you felt clearly left you struggling to write the review (given the fact that you took over a month to decide whether or not to post).

I am so very happy that you did! It is truly constructive comment that help us to improve. You are correct, our culture is one that is service-centric, but in the end we are people serving people and in this regard perfection is an endless pursuit. We do however, like to learn, grown and correct any deficiencies we have - the staff on a whole is committed to this premise.

I do hope you choose to stay with us again and am hopeful you reach out to me directly at sostrander@cedarbrooklodge.com when making your next reservation so that I can help to ensure we make up for the indignities you experienced.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The staff and management bent over backwards to make our group's experience an amazing one. HFTP and the local Puget Sound chapter knocked it out of the park by selecting Cedarbrook Lodge. This place was amazing! I know several of the locals are now going to come back for lunch and dinner because of the ambience, the lush landscaping and especially for the hospitality. Great job to all!

Green Features: I love the idea of the soap with the hole in it. Amenities were all friendly and green. So very north western US>
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire staff and amangement of Cedarbrook Lodge, it was our sincere pleasure to host the recent HFTP conference. Thank you for your wonderful accolades.

I hope to see you again soon, should your future travel plans call for a return visit to the Emerald City of Seattle.

Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Easy access from the maddening crowds of the freeway.

What an unsuspecting gem in the Sea-Tac area.

Friendly and helpful registration, bellman and room service personnel.

So many good things to say about this property it's difficult to write it all down.

The room, TV and bed were fabulous, I received a great and restful sleep. the complimentary snack area was over the top. What lodging establishment offers you free bottled water, four different types of chocolate candy snacks, gourmet potato chips, string cheese, fresh fruit, six different flavors of yogurt, and six different flavors of Haagen Dazs ice cream cups? And all available 24 hours a day.

The Cedarbrook Lodge grounds are nicely manicured many areas available to sit and read while communing with nature. The fitness room was top notch with every conceivable machine you's want.

Dining-
The dining experience I had was one of the best in my entire 62 year life. I have stayed in five star resorts previously but this far and away was the best experience EVER!!
The tastes and textures that the chef presented were out of this world.

I would HIGHLY recommend staying at the Cedarbrook Lodge and experience what it's like to be truly pampered.

Room Tip: All the rooms are equally good and relaxing on this property,
Green Features: Cedarbrook Lodge prides themselves on their environmentally friendly practices, from their recycling usage and water conservation practices.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Steve,

Thank you so much for taking valuable time out of your day to post such a wonderful review regarding your experience at Cedarbrook Lodge and Copperleaf Restaurant.

I am thrilled that you discovered our Lodge and am hopeful you will return soon (with your wife).

With best regards, I remain at your service.

Eagle River, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Fantastic, friendly staff, rooms with views of the trees, wonderful cozy beds with 7 pillow choices, and a complimentary breakfast unlike any you've had at other hotels. Hard to believe you are 7 minutes from the airport...it's quiet and serene, running water, ponds and landscape. The restauran.t is fantastic (locals make this a special occasion dinner destination) and the extras in each wing are just right.(Free yogurt, cheese, bottled water, chocolate, chips). Staff is fantastic. We purposely beak up our return trips to Alaska with an overnight here because it's such a treat.

• Stayed May 2013
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so happy that discovered Cedarbrook Lodge and that you make every effort to plan your Alaska travels around an overnight stay at Cedarbrook (complimented by a dining experience at Copperleaf).

I very much appreciate your kind words and moreover, the time you have taken to post a review of your experiences on TripAdvisor.

On behalf of our staff, I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

My best,

Cedarbrook Lodge

Been to Cedarbrook Lodge? Share your experiences!