“Great place and good value” 5 of 5 stars

Fall Weekend Getaways!
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersGold level
Brisbane, Australia
“Great place and good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Property is very well presented and all staff were very friendly and welcoming. It is out of town near the airport which has its advantages. The on demand shuttle to and from the light rail station is an excellent service and makes this a great place to stay in Seattle. The only disappointment was the free continental breakfast which was really not even worth the effort to walk to the restaurant for. This was offset by he complimentary fruit and ice-cream at each sitting area. Would readily stay again and recommend it to anyone for either short or longer stays in Seattle.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Cedarbrook Lodge and for psoting your comments on trip advisor.

I also apprecaite your constructive commentary regarding our Complimentary Northwest Continental Brekafast. Although it is a continental breakfast with the expected hand-made in-house pastries, breads, bagels & muffins and fresh fruit; we have attempted to upgrade the continental experience with locally sourced steel-cut oatmeal, fresh smoked salmon and trout as well as a customary European charcuterie of fine meats and salumi.

I certainly do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Indonesian first
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

A hidden gem! Courteous staff. Great food at the restaurant. Simple but healthy breakfast. Complimentary water, chips, fruit, and ice cream in the sitting areas. Near the airport and conveniently located to catch the light rail in Seattle which takes about 35 minutes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Cedarbrook Lodge for your recent stay. I further appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Let me start off by saying that I had a pretty bad attitude about my trip to Seattle. It was for business and I was not happy at all to be traveling across the country the week before Thanksgiving. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed my stay at the Cedarbrook lodge. The check-in staff was wonderful, the room was cozy and comfortable, and the grounds were beautiful. I loved the Keurig in the room and used it every morning of my stay. I also did the complimentary breakfast which was beautifully done. I especially loved the smoked salmon. There is a lounge area in each building that is stocked with snacks and has some books, a fireplace, TV, and some newspapers. I used this area quite a bit and it was always clean and well stocked.

On my second day in Seattle I had a very long day of work and came back to the hotel wanting to relax and unwind. My colleague and I decided to meet some friends in the hotel bar and it was WONDERFUL! The happy hour wine was great, and a good deal too. The two guys working at the bar and serving the tables were terrific. I asked my server what he recommended and he said "everything, it's all good". He was exactly right. We shared the flat bread, portabello fries, and the happy hour chicken wings and it was all delicious. I hear the restaurant is great too, but I can highly recommend having a meal in the bar area.

I plan on coming back to Seattle in the future for work and for vacation and I would not stay anywhere else but here. Definitely give this place a try if you will be in the Seattle area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am so very happy to hear that your experience at Cedarbrook, turned your frown regarding your Seattle trip upside down.

And, not only am I happy you discovered our Lodge and that we exceeded your every expectations, but am appreciative of you taking the time to write a detailed review of your experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you future travel plans call for a return visit to Seattle.

My best,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

How is this place only three and a half stars??? Immaculate grounds, super nice staff (David checked us in and was so awesome,) hot apple cider upon arrival, clean rooms and an amazing breakfast. Free snacks and water, a pillow menu (my girlfriend is allergic to down feathers so this was an especially nice touch,) safe in room, iPod compatible clock/radio and a really awesome shower with soaps and shampoo that my girlfriend really loved. 15-20min drive to downtown and 5min away from the airport and a mall. Copperleaf, the adjoining restaurant is every bit as extravagant as the hotel.

If I had to complain, I'd say it would be nice to have a rear exit on the Dogwood building. It's a bit of a walk from the lobby so if you're older or disabled you may want to request a closer room. We had some issues with the card readers not recognizing our door keys but not a big deal.

This place is an incredible value and everyone is so kind and helpful. Seriously, just book it. Don't waste your time and money downtown.

• Stayed December 2012
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your kind and generous words and most importantly, for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.

While I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations, I am most appreciative of you recognizing our staff. I will certainly share your comments with our entire staff, specifically David.

On behalf of the entire Cedarbrook team, I look forward to your return visit.

Anchorage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Was overnighting for a work function here at this beautiful lodge. I've stayed at numerous hotels on the main strip and never knew this was so close to the airport!! What a hidden gem! And all the employees were outstanding!! Rooms aren't huge but the amenities more than make up for it. Deep soaking tubs, nice gym, and a quaint little lounge. It was like we had driven into the mountains and were staying at a ski lodge. Will definitely recommend this hotel and will try to make this my first choice when I stay in Seattle. Outstanding job!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

After all this time of staying "on the strip", I am happy you discovered our wonderful Lodge.

We are blessed to have a great enviornment in which to work and moreover, a genuine staff that truly cares about creating great experiences for our guests.

I hope to see you again in the future.

Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Although this property is close to the airport, we drove in after dark and felt like we were miles away from the airport, it was so peaceful. The lobby was decorated for the holidays, and I couldn't believe how pretty it was. Every staff member that we encountered was so welcoming. I was extremely tired when we arrived, and my daughter went to park the car. The associate at the front desk must have noticed that I had a really long day, and I was using an assistive device to walk, and she simply offered to hold the umbrella for me on my way to my room, even though I wouldn't have been rained on much, it was so thoughtful. The breakfast was similar to what I would expect in a nice European hotel: delicious, fresh, & healthy. Great coffee, beautiful view out the picture windows. Extremely clean, and I felt like I was staying somewhere special.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for discovering Cedarbrook Lodge and for our recognizing the genuine nature of our staff's hospitality. It was Tiffany that escorted you to yuor room - I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

We hope to see you and your daughter again in the future.

Best regards,
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

What a surpise to find this gem hidden down a residential street only blocks from Sea-Tac airport. Good breakfast, very clean and quiet. I would put it on the top of my list anytime I am in the area.
The restaurant staff was rather impressed with themselves. We did not have reservations so were banished to the bar where we had a nice dinner viewing an near empty restaurant - not sure what was with that expect that maybe our casual attire was not up to their standards.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am so happy that you discovered Cedarbrook Lodge for your recent stay and look forward to your next visit.

Your restaurant experience is highly unusual, I have never heard such a comment and other than torn clothes, we have no defined apparel restrictions. With that said, on your next visit, please contact me directly upon checking in and I will ensure you are well taken care of. I apologize for this situation. Trust that your experience in Copperleaf was very much the exception and not the rule (the situation itself as well as the staff).

Cedarbrook Lodge

Been to Cedarbrook Lodge? Share your experiences!