“Amazing little hotel in Seattle” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10% + $25 credit
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando
“Amazing little hotel in Seattle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Let me start off by saying that I had a pretty bad attitude about my trip to Seattle. It was for business and I was not happy at all to be traveling across the country the week before Thanksgiving. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed my stay at the Cedarbrook lodge. The check-in staff was wonderful, the room was cozy and comfortable, and the grounds were beautiful. I loved the Keurig in the room and used it every morning of my stay. I also did the complimentary breakfast which was beautifully done. I especially loved the smoked salmon. There is a lounge area in each building that is stocked with snacks and has some books, a fireplace, TV, and some newspapers. I used this area quite a bit and it was always clean and well stocked.

On my second day in Seattle I had a very long day of work and came back to the hotel wanting to relax and unwind. My colleague and I decided to meet some friends in the hotel bar and it was WONDERFUL! The happy hour wine was great, and a good deal too. The two guys working at the bar and serving the tables were terrific. I asked my server what he recommended and he said "everything, it's all good". He was exactly right. We shared the flat bread, portabello fries, and the happy hour chicken wings and it was all delicious. I hear the restaurant is great too, but I can highly recommend having a meal in the bar area.

I plan on coming back to Seattle in the future for work and for vacation and I would not stay anywhere else but here. Definitely give this place a try if you will be in the Seattle area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am so very happy to hear that your experience at Cedarbrook, turned your frown regarding your Seattle trip upside down.

And, not only am I happy you discovered our Lodge and that we exceeded your every expectations, but am appreciative of you taking the time to write a detailed review of your experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you future travel plans call for a return visit to Seattle.

My best,
Cedarbrook Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

How is this place only three and a half stars??? Immaculate grounds, super nice staff (David checked us in and was so awesome,) hot apple cider upon arrival, clean rooms and an amazing breakfast. Free snacks and water, a pillow menu (my girlfriend is allergic to down feathers so this was an especially nice touch,) safe in room, iPod compatible clock/radio and a really awesome shower with soaps and shampoo that my girlfriend really loved. 15-20min drive to downtown and 5min away from the airport and a mall. Copperleaf, the adjoining restaurant is every bit as extravagant as the hotel.

If I had to complain, I'd say it would be nice to have a rear exit on the Dogwood building. It's a bit of a walk from the lobby so if you're older or disabled you may want to request a closer room. We had some issues with the card readers not recognizing our door keys but not a big deal.

This place is an incredible value and everyone is so kind and helpful. Seriously, just book it. Don't waste your time and money downtown.

• Stayed December 2012
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your kind and generous words and most importantly, for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.

While I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations, I am most appreciative of you recognizing our staff. I will certainly share your comments with our entire staff, specifically David.

On behalf of the entire Cedarbrook team, I look forward to your return visit.

Anchorage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Was overnighting for a work function here at this beautiful lodge. I've stayed at numerous hotels on the main strip and never knew this was so close to the airport!! What a hidden gem! And all the employees were outstanding!! Rooms aren't huge but the amenities more than make up for it. Deep soaking tubs, nice gym, and a quaint little lounge. It was like we had driven into the mountains and were staying at a ski lodge. Will definitely recommend this hotel and will try to make this my first choice when I stay in Seattle. Outstanding job!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

After all this time of staying "on the strip", I am happy you discovered our wonderful Lodge.

We are blessed to have a great enviornment in which to work and moreover, a genuine staff that truly cares about creating great experiences for our guests.

I hope to see you again in the future.

Regards,
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Although this property is close to the airport, we drove in after dark and felt like we were miles away from the airport, it was so peaceful. The lobby was decorated for the holidays, and I couldn't believe how pretty it was. Every staff member that we encountered was so welcoming. I was extremely tired when we arrived, and my daughter went to park the car. The associate at the front desk must have noticed that I had a really long day, and I was using an assistive device to walk, and she simply offered to hold the umbrella for me on my way to my room, even though I wouldn't have been rained on much, it was so thoughtful. The breakfast was similar to what I would expect in a nice European hotel: delicious, fresh, & healthy. Great coffee, beautiful view out the picture windows. Extremely clean, and I felt like I was staying somewhere special.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for discovering Cedarbrook Lodge and for our recognizing the genuine nature of our staff's hospitality. It was Tiffany that escorted you to yuor room - I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

We hope to see you and your daughter again in the future.

Best regards,
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

What a surpise to find this gem hidden down a residential street only blocks from Sea-Tac airport. Good breakfast, very clean and quiet. I would put it on the top of my list anytime I am in the area.
The restaurant staff was rather impressed with themselves. We did not have reservations so were banished to the bar where we had a nice dinner viewing an near empty restaurant - not sure what was with that expect that maybe our casual attire was not up to their standards.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am so happy that you discovered Cedarbrook Lodge for your recent stay and look forward to your next visit.

Your restaurant experience is highly unusual, I have never heard such a comment and other than torn clothes, we have no defined apparel restrictions. With that said, on your next visit, please contact me directly upon checking in and I will ensure you are well taken care of. I apologize for this situation. Trust that your experience in Copperleaf was very much the exception and not the rule (the situation itself as well as the staff).

Chelan, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Nice place. It is close to the airport. The amenities like the gym, lounge area with refreshments, shuttle to the airport, etc are great. The rooms are a bit small but quiet, comfortable, and well designed. The expanded included continental breakfast was very good. They have a nice restaurant and bar. Overall I have never stayed at an airport hotel this nice. It also seems to have a brisk convention business.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for discovering Cedarbrook Lodge. I am happy you were able to experience most of our services and that we met your expectations. Or rather, surprised you...for an airport hotel.

I look forward to your return visit.

Regards,
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

i stayed here recently for 2 nights for a business meeting. I had a lovely room king-sized suite. i especially appreciated the comfortable bed,large soaking bathtub, the internet connection, and how quiet it was given the proximity to the airport. I also enjoyed the lounges in each building with ice cream, drinks and other snacks included. Dinner in the restaurant was delicious but time consuming.

My only complaints are that:
1) there is no swimming pool/hot tub
2) the parking is a bit of a trek in the rain,
3) check in/check out lines were long, and
4) service in the bar is slow.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and your constructive comments. It is comments such as yours that help us to improve. As a result, I will work hand-in-hand with the applicable departmental managers to review our staffing levels more closely to ensure speedier service.

A pool / hot tub...this is something we have considered adding over many discussions that have taken place over this past year. We are currently researching viable options for a potential enhancement in the future.

I am glad you discovered Cedarbrook Lodge and look forward to you returning.

Cedarbrook Lodge

Been to Cedarbrook Lodge? Share your experiences!