“Exceptional overnight, wish I were staying for a month!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersGold level
Carlsbad, California
“Exceptional overnight, wish I were staying for a month!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Although this property is close to the airport, we drove in after dark and felt like we were miles away from the airport, it was so peaceful. The lobby was decorated for the holidays, and I couldn't believe how pretty it was. Every staff member that we encountered was so welcoming. I was extremely tired when we arrived, and my daughter went to park the car. The associate at the front desk must have noticed that I had a really long day, and I was using an assistive device to walk, and she simply offered to hold the umbrella for me on my way to my room, even though I wouldn't have been rained on much, it was so thoughtful. The breakfast was similar to what I would expect in a nice European hotel: delicious, fresh, & healthy. Great coffee, beautiful view out the picture windows. Extremely clean, and I felt like I was staying somewhere special.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for discovering Cedarbrook Lodge and for our recognizing the genuine nature of our staff's hospitality. It was Tiffany that escorted you to yuor room - I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

We hope to see you and your daughter again in the future.

Best regards,
Cedarbrook Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Indonesian first
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

What a surpise to find this gem hidden down a residential street only blocks from Sea-Tac airport. Good breakfast, very clean and quiet. I would put it on the top of my list anytime I am in the area.
The restaurant staff was rather impressed with themselves. We did not have reservations so were banished to the bar where we had a nice dinner viewing an near empty restaurant - not sure what was with that expect that maybe our casual attire was not up to their standards.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am so happy that you discovered Cedarbrook Lodge for your recent stay and look forward to your next visit.

Your restaurant experience is highly unusual, I have never heard such a comment and other than torn clothes, we have no defined apparel restrictions. With that said, on your next visit, please contact me directly upon checking in and I will ensure you are well taken care of. I apologize for this situation. Trust that your experience in Copperleaf was very much the exception and not the rule (the situation itself as well as the staff).

Chelan, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Nice place. It is close to the airport. The amenities like the gym, lounge area with refreshments, shuttle to the airport, etc are great. The rooms are a bit small but quiet, comfortable, and well designed. The expanded included continental breakfast was very good. They have a nice restaurant and bar. Overall I have never stayed at an airport hotel this nice. It also seems to have a brisk convention business.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for discovering Cedarbrook Lodge. I am happy you were able to experience most of our services and that we met your expectations. Or rather, surprised you...for an airport hotel.

I look forward to your return visit.

Regards,
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

i stayed here recently for 2 nights for a business meeting. I had a lovely room king-sized suite. i especially appreciated the comfortable bed,large soaking bathtub, the internet connection, and how quiet it was given the proximity to the airport. I also enjoyed the lounges in each building with ice cream, drinks and other snacks included. Dinner in the restaurant was delicious but time consuming.

My only complaints are that:
1) there is no swimming pool/hot tub
2) the parking is a bit of a trek in the rain,
3) check in/check out lines were long, and
4) service in the bar is slow.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and your constructive comments. It is comments such as yours that help us to improve. As a result, I will work hand-in-hand with the applicable departmental managers to review our staffing levels more closely to ensure speedier service.

A pool / hot tub...this is something we have considered adding over many discussions that have taken place over this past year. We are currently researching viable options for a potential enhancement in the future.

I am glad you discovered Cedarbrook Lodge and look forward to you returning.

Lacey, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a nice place to stay, service is excellent, however consumers beware if you are making reservations on a website, you will be charged approximately $12+tax/night. This was not noted when making reservations. When asked for accomdations, the staff said Management would likely not accomodate me since I got such a low rate...??????? Seriously???? I thought that was sneaky!

Room Tip: Check out the pillow menu and ask for a quiet room, guest services will happily accomodate you!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am deeply concerned about your comments. What website did you book at? If you book directly online with Cedarbrook Lodge's website, there is no such fee. In regards to accommodations (or potential lack thereof) as a result of a rate a guest is paying is contradictory and in direct compeition with our values and beliefs.

I very much welcome and would enjoy the opportunity of discussing the aforementioned issues (and learning more from you) as both items are odd indeed and not indicative to who and what we are.

Please feel free to contact me directly at 206-214-4120 or via e-mail at sostrander@cedarbrooklodge.com.

Helena, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Just spent 3 nights over Thanksgiving. 2nd stay for me, 1st for my husband. He was a bit skeptical of my "devotion" to the Cedarbrook after just one visit, but now is a complete convert. The facility is amazing, service terrific and until the price gets beyond my modest "splurge" budget, we'll be back whenever we're in Seattle. If you have the opportunity to experience the Cedarbrook, don't miss it!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

First, allow me to warmly welcome your newly converted husband to our family.

Second, thank you for your nice comments and for writing about your experience and devotion to our Lodge.

I look forward to warmly welcoming you and your husband back to Cedarbrook - your home away from home in Seattle.

My best,
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had heard that Cedarbrook was an oasis near Seatac and finally gave it a shot myself. I was pleased to find everything I heard was correct. My daughter had an early morning flight. There was confusion about the charge for parking but the front desk made that right. The room was comfortable and the living room concept--snacks in each wing of the complex is a great idea. The early morning shuttle was on time, the to go box breakfast for my daughter was waiting as promised. My wife and I enjoyed the free breakfast and the surroundings before departure. The lodge feels more like a mountain retreat than an airport hotel. I will certainly stay again when I have an early morning flight out of Seatac.

Room Tip: Spruce Lodge facing the pond.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

After all you had heard, I am glad you finally chose to stay with us. Furthermore, thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay.

On behalf of our entire staff, I look forward to you staying with us again.

Regards,
Cedarbrook Lodge

Been to Cedarbrook Lodge? Share your experiences!