“Best anywhere” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Helena, Montana
“Best anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Just spent 3 nights over Thanksgiving. 2nd stay for me, 1st for my husband. He was a bit skeptical of my "devotion" to the Cedarbrook after just one visit, but now is a complete convert. The facility is amazing, service terrific and until the price gets beyond my modest "splurge" budget, we'll be back whenever we're in Seattle. If you have the opportunity to experience the Cedarbrook, don't miss it!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

First, allow me to warmly welcome your newly converted husband to our family.

Second, thank you for your nice comments and for writing about your experience and devotion to our Lodge.

I look forward to warmly welcoming you and your husband back to Cedarbrook - your home away from home in Seattle.

My best,
Cedarbrook Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Indonesian first
University Place, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had heard that Cedarbrook was an oasis near Seatac and finally gave it a shot myself. I was pleased to find everything I heard was correct. My daughter had an early morning flight. There was confusion about the charge for parking but the front desk made that right. The room was comfortable and the living room concept--snacks in each wing of the complex is a great idea. The early morning shuttle was on time, the to go box breakfast for my daughter was waiting as promised. My wife and I enjoyed the free breakfast and the surroundings before departure. The lodge feels more like a mountain retreat than an airport hotel. I will certainly stay again when I have an early morning flight out of Seatac.

Room Tip: Spruce Lodge facing the pond.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

After all you had heard, I am glad you finally chose to stay with us. Furthermore, thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay.

On behalf of our entire staff, I look forward to you staying with us again.

BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at the Cedarbrook 4-5 times over past several years . The first couple of times it was fabulous), (prior to them being bought by stash. However, sadly since then, each subsequent time we have noticed a further deterioration in this hotels rooms & service. Rooms are starting to look a little tired now ,housekeeping is definitely not up to snuff . Rooms sometimes aren't ready at checkin, and we have had broken fixtures, burnt lights, hair left on bathroom flloor, correct basic # of towels not left etc. I have also slept in far more comfortable king beds , hard and not comfy ( choose the queens here) . The breakfast has also deteriorated to the point of being extremely poor. Muffins that look like they came from the local convenience store snack packs have no place being offered in a hotel trying to maintain their quality reputation!!
There has also been a $12/ daily charge added to self park since stash took over. The grounds are pretty , and they do have communal areas with free treats , but this does not outweigh all the negatives . I no longer feel the Cedarbrook offers good value. In future we will look elsewhere.There are other very nice hotels in Seattle at similar rates and offering better value . It is a very competitive industry, so I suspect it is only a matter of time before the Cedarbrook drops significantly in the ratings if they don't return to what placed them at #1 in the past. Very, very disappointing.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

While it is always wonderful to read the positive accolades from our guests, I find great value in learning ways in which we can improve, especially from frequent and loyal guests such as you.

Allow me to attempt to respond to a few of your comments:

> Stash is a hotel rewards program whereas guests earn points for their stays at over 400 hotels nationally and can gain free night stays, etc. They have no ownership, management or oversight interest in Cedarbrook Lodge or any other hotel.

> Over the past 6-9 months we have made many physical enhancements to our Lodge; including, but not limited to: All new guestroom carpet, all new granite desk tops, all new guestroom desk chairs, all new HD wall mounted flat panel TV's in all guestrooms, complete renovation of bar and expansion of our restaurant, Copperleaf. We converted 30 single queen guestrooms to King beds (the new, top of the line Simmons Black Georgetown pillow top plush) and have replaced many of the window treatments in the guestrooms.

We look forward to continuing with Lodge improvements in the coming year as well - allot was accomplished in 2012.

> Breakfast, we continue to strive to enhance the guest experience at our complimentary Northwest Continental Breakfast. We have not only added smoked trout to complement our famous salmon and all pastries are made right here in our pastry kitchen...no pastries are bought.

> Parking fees have been in place since 2011 at Cedarbrook and we are proud to boast self and valet parking rates, 40% lower than all other SeaTac hotels and up to 65% lower than downtown Bellevue and Seattle.

While the information above is simply that...information, I know it does not change the perception of your recent experience.

I very much do not want to lose you as a guest and I feel I can learn more from you to help us improve so that the loyalty you have shown us in the past continues into the future.

Please contact me directly at 206-214-4120 or via e-mail at sostrander@cedarbrooklodge.com. I would enjoy hearing from you.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We planned to arrive late in the evening and wanted a comfortable place to sleep before driving off on our vacation. Other SeaTac airport hotels have been dirty, uncomfortable and disappointing.
Clean-it was spotless
Bed- Great linens and very comfortable mattress.
Room was small but high ceiling made it feel bigger.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Cedarbrook Lodge as your pre-vacation destination. I am happy to hear/read that we exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to you returning in the future.

Manchester UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

What a brilliant find.

I was looking for a hotel 10 mins from Seattle (Sea-Tac) airport and expected the usual offering of either cheap and cheerful chains or expensive vanilla flavoured concrete boxes.

From the moment I picked up the airport courtesy phone to dial the free 24 hour shuttle bus, the friendliness commenced. After the 5 minute journey to the hotel, I entered the calm landscaped gardens of the grounds prior to entering the timbered main reception building overlooking more trees, gardens and water features through the large glass windows.

I was offered complimentary hot cider whilst checking in, the best I have ever tasted. My room was in an adjacent block, connected by covered external timber walkways. On entry to the block, there was a communal seating area, comfy chairs & sofas, TV and loads of complimentary chips and nibbles, plus a fridge for water and frozen yogurts.

My room was spacious with large window overlooking the woodlands. TV, safe, lots of wardrobe space, Starbucks coffee making facilities and spacious en-suite with over bath shower and lots of fluffy towels.

The food in the restaurant was delicious and the bar served great snacks and a nice selection of wine and beers. Plus a nice ambiance. Free WiFi everywhere. Service was extra special, these guys know how to do it.

I left very early for a flight so could not take advantage of the breakfast, but coffee and hot pastries were provided at reception.

If you need to stay minutes from the airport, forget the rest, just book it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you kind words. Your review embodies all that we desire to accomplish each and every day for our guests...with the ultimate goal of having you expect the unexpected.

I am glad you discovered our great Lodge, minutes from SeaTac airport and truly hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Newberg, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

If you just want a place to flop, go to one of the budget chains next to the airport. For a more luxe, "Northwesty" local experience, go to Cedarbrook. The free shuttle runs you the five minutes from Sea-Tac to this beautifully landscaped, tranquil hotel. No airplane noise at all in the hotel or the rooms. This is a beautifully-crafted hotel with all the amenities: free wi-fi, free continental breakfast (with tons of smoked salmon and artisan cheeses, eggs etc.), nice restaurant and bar, comfy bedding, big and well-equipped workout center.

The rate was reasonable for such an upscale property. We paid $149. Our room was smallish but had a Keurig coffeemaker, large flat-screen, ample work area and storage, nice bathroom, good task lighting and bed. A nice touch is the "living rooms" scattered throughout the guest wings. Big seating area with large flat-screen and complimentary snacks including fruit, ncandy, chips, bottled water, Haagen-Daz ice cream. You'll feel as if you had a mini-vacation in the mountains at this beautiful property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for discovering Cedarbrook Lodge. Our "marketing slogan" is Quintessentially Northwest. Your TripAdvisor review captures our slogan perfectly. Thank you for your kind words.

I look forward to your return visit for another mini-vacation in the mountains.....yet, in the middle of an urban environment, 1/2 mile from SeaTac International Airport.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I chose Cedarbrook Lodge because it was centrally located. I never expected to walk into the most beautiful lodge nestled into a forest of trees and creeks. The hotel os 8 minutes from Seatac but is anything like an airport hotel. We held an event there and the food and beverage team was wonderful. The AV high quality. The prices were beyond reasonable. I only wish i had planned to stay the weekend to enjoy to property more.

• Stayed November 2012
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing Cedarbrook Lodge. It is always wonderful to hear when we created a "surprise".

I hope to see you in the future (for a longer stay) so you can truly experience our hidden destination nestled amongst our 18 acres of wetlands.

Cedarbrook Lodge

Been to Cedarbrook Lodge? Share your experiences!