“Forget the rest, it's the best” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersGold level
Manchester UK
“Forget the rest, it's the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

What a brilliant find.

I was looking for a hotel 10 mins from Seattle (Sea-Tac) airport and expected the usual offering of either cheap and cheerful chains or expensive vanilla flavoured concrete boxes.

From the moment I picked up the airport courtesy phone to dial the free 24 hour shuttle bus, the friendliness commenced. After the 5 minute journey to the hotel, I entered the calm landscaped gardens of the grounds prior to entering the timbered main reception building overlooking more trees, gardens and water features through the large glass windows.

I was offered complimentary hot cider whilst checking in, the best I have ever tasted. My room was in an adjacent block, connected by covered external timber walkways. On entry to the block, there was a communal seating area, comfy chairs & sofas, TV and loads of complimentary chips and nibbles, plus a fridge for water and frozen yogurts.

My room was spacious with large window overlooking the woodlands. TV, safe, lots of wardrobe space, Starbucks coffee making facilities and spacious en-suite with over bath shower and lots of fluffy towels.

The food in the restaurant was delicious and the bar served great snacks and a nice selection of wine and beers. Plus a nice ambiance. Free WiFi everywhere. Service was extra special, these guys know how to do it.

I left very early for a flight so could not take advantage of the breakfast, but coffee and hot pastries were provided at reception.

If you need to stay minutes from the airport, forget the rest, just book it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you kind words. Your review embodies all that we desire to accomplish each and every day for our guests...with the ultimate goal of having you expect the unexpected.

I am glad you discovered our great Lodge, minutes from SeaTac airport and truly hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Newberg, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

If you just want a place to flop, go to one of the budget chains next to the airport. For a more luxe, "Northwesty" local experience, go to Cedarbrook. The free shuttle runs you the five minutes from Sea-Tac to this beautifully landscaped, tranquil hotel. No airplane noise at all in the hotel or the rooms. This is a beautifully-crafted hotel with all the amenities: free wi-fi, free continental breakfast (with tons of smoked salmon and artisan cheeses, eggs etc.), nice restaurant and bar, comfy bedding, big and well-equipped workout center.

The rate was reasonable for such an upscale property. We paid $149. Our room was smallish but had a Keurig coffeemaker, large flat-screen, ample work area and storage, nice bathroom, good task lighting and bed. A nice touch is the "living rooms" scattered throughout the guest wings. Big seating area with large flat-screen and complimentary snacks including fruit, ncandy, chips, bottled water, Haagen-Daz ice cream. You'll feel as if you had a mini-vacation in the mountains at this beautiful property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cawater
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I chose Cedarbrook Lodge because it was centrally located. I never expected to walk into the most beautiful lodge nestled into a forest of trees and creeks. The hotel os 8 minutes from Seatac but is anything like an airport hotel. We held an event there and the food and beverage team was wonderful. The AV high quality. The prices were beyond reasonable. I only wish i had planned to stay the weekend to enjoy to property more.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing Cedarbrook Lodge. It is always wonderful to hear when we created a "surprise".

I hope to see you in the future (for a longer stay) so you can truly experience our hidden destination nestled amongst our 18 acres of wetlands.

Regards,
Wasilla, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

A beautiful place to stay by SeaTac - very secluded and quiet. Dinner was probably the nicest part of the entire stay by far. Peter in the restaurant was lovely!!! If you can have him for a server, please ask for him by name. I would recommend the Beet Salad and the Partridge. The 2011 Townshend Sauvingnon Blanc was fabulous. (Am going to order directly from the winery now-) Their Smoked Mary was also extremely delicious but it has a kick to it!!

This is difficult to describe but we were just a little put off by the entire stay. Would be a great place for conducting a direct conference. Not sure if we would go back or not just given the rooms. The hallways were very clean and the room was clean but almost too much so. Not much for a warm feeling of decor in the Dogwood. It had an almost sterile feel to it in the room with the business style chairs. I don't want to feel like I'm 'sleeping in an office' - I want to feel like I'm in a hotel room if I'm at a hotel.

The main lodge was cozier feeling by far. Nice breakfast options although not sure what happened to the sliced fruit - looked to have been frozen by the pale transparency of the apples and pears. Given their attention to details in the" farm to table" of the restaurant, this was rather surprising. Everything else was nice enough for the breakfast. (It would be recommended that if your going to serve smoked salmon and capers, please add on red onion with fresh dill and lemon to complete that presentation.)

Given our stay here, I don't think we would book at Hotel Fifty in PDX on our next trip down, if it's anything like Cedarbrook. It's an odd thing but it just didn't feel like the welcoming kind of establishment that we had the previous night at the Inn at the Market.

November 2012

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank CheffK
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for not only choosing Cedarbrook Lodge, but for providing, in great detail, a synopsis of your stay.

First, I want to further express appreciation for you recognizing our staff, especially Peter - I will certainly share your comments with him.

Second, in regards to the guestrooms...Cedarbrook was formerly a training center for WaMu bank - upon taking over the lodge and as part of our conversion to a destination hotel, we have been making gradual upgrades to further ensure warmth and comfort. These initiatives are continuining and I do hope you take the opportunity to stay with us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me at anytime at 206-901-9268 or via e-mail at sostrander@cedarbrooklodge.com and I am happy to share more as well as obtain additional feedback from you.

I do want to also comment on the fruit at breakfast. As part of our ongoing committment towards sustainability and focusing on our farm-to-table concept by using the freshest products while celebrating local farmers we slice all our breakfast fruit 24 hours prior to serving and place in specialized bags with their natural juices with a hint of lemon juice...we then compress the fruit via a vacuum seal process which is known as compression. This process not only reduces (virtually eliminates) oxidation of the fruit and enhances its natural flavors, but it provides a more translucent look.

Again, thank you for staying with us. Feel free to reach out to me in the future. Moreover, I further encourage you to try Hotel 50 or River's Edge Hotel & Spa when traveling to Portland.

Wakefield, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

There's nothing like bubbling, sloshing, cascading water features on the grounds to instill a sense of calm and the feeling that you're miles away from civilization, and yet Cedarbrook is only a short drive from SeaTac airport. The bedrooms are fully equipped for business travel with options for lots of light and even fresh air. My only wish is that there was more space for yoga - although if you're into fitness centers the one here has mammoth windows looking into nature.

Food was outstanding - even the buffet lunch and dinner for our group. Loved the small plate of salmon over cauliflower puree, pesto salmon, even the brussel sprout salad. The conference chocolate chip cookies were warm - YUM.

Several comfy "living rooms" dot the faciity - a chance to sit near a fireplace and enjoy snacks, read the paper, have a quiet conversation.

Meeting room was great - comfy chairs and a picture window with a nature view (couldn't enjoy it because we used ppt) and the staff was exceptional.

The only drawback is that getting from the lobby to the rooms (need your room key to pass into separate buildings) is tough if you're lugging heavy bags. Ask for help.

I'd go back at the drop of a hat and hope to in the spring.

• 5 of 5 stars
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with me as well as all TripAdvisor readers.

Although we were intiailly designed as a World-Class conference center, we have become a great destinational escape for business and leisure travel.

On a side note....your food descriptions are making me hungry. I will share your kind feedback with our entire culinary team.

In closing, I look forward to welcoming you back in the spring.

Regards,
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

So close to convenience but so far away from the hubub. I've stayed here several times for meetings, pre and post flights and meals and have never been disappointed. A great alternative to the hamburger highway leading to Sea Tac.

• 4 of 5 stars
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for not only choosing Cedarbrook Lodge, but thanks for the chuckle about Hamburger Highway.

I look forward to your return visit!

My best,
vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is our first time staying at Cedarbrook Lodge and it will not be our last! The entire property is absolutely wonderful--very modern westcoast salish style resort with large and modern rooms.
Beds are comfortable, room is quiet, lots of closet space with bathrobes and a safe as well. There is also a Keurig coffee machine in the room with a flat screen tv and ipod charger. Unfortunately the ipod charger didn't fit into my IPOD but minor detail.

The common room where the snacks are kept is so comfortable and large with a large flat screen tv. There are several comfortable couches and leather chairs with ottomans....i felt like i was at a ski resort. Apparently, this property used to be for the Boeing Execs. I can see that because it is top notch in style and function.

As for their 24/7 snacks--unlimited Haagen Daas ice creams with flavors like chocolate, strawberry, caramel, and vanilla. I pigged out and had 3 at one sitting! There were also huge milk and dark chocolate milkballs along with mint chocolate ones as well. During our stay, in the huge fridge where the ice cream is kept, there were also complimentary cheesesticks and if you have left over food, you can also store it in there for 24 hours. There are bags of ice which you can also bring up to your room along with many flavored yogurt. We did not see any potato chips but perhaps they haven't had a chance to replenish? There are lots of bottles of water in the fridge for us to bring to the room as well along with fresh oranges.

Our check in clerk, Tiffany, was awesome! She explained everything so clearly and so ever patient. Thank you Tiffany for such great customer service! She put us up on the 3rd floor in the Spruce building (there are 3 buildings in all...Big Cedar, Dogwood, and Spruce) as we mentioned we like somewhere quiet. Our room overlooked some other rooms but we didn't mind because we pulled down the blackout blinds along with dark sheer blinds.

Complimentary buffet breakfast on the weekends starts at 7 to 10:30am and it was very substantial--hot and cold cereal; oatmeal, cold coats, salmon, bagels, yogurt, fruit, coffees, juices....very good!

This hotel is great value for what you are getting at SeaTac! Our purpose on this trip is to shop so it was only a 25 min drive to downtown Seattle and a 5 min drive to southcenter mall. I know we will return to Cedarbrook Lodge each time we stay in Seattle now instead of paying exorbitant $ for a downtown hotel that charges $30 for parking with no ice cream, no water, no complimentary breakfast.

Now, if only Cedarbrook Lodge can install a pool and hot tub then it will be truly a paradise come true without needing to leave the property!

Room Tip: Quiet top floor on 3rd floor in the Spruce Building