“Oasis at the airport” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, Washington
“Oasis at the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Cedarbrook Lodge is an oasis in the middle of the SeaTac airport area. Located in a residential neighbourhood, the lodge is tucked into a park like setting with a little brook, trees, lawns and flowers. The grounds were beautiful and a nice place on a very hot day. Within sight of the airport, I did not hear planes taking off from my room. The room (2307) was a bit narrow, but functional. The long desk beneath the flat screen TV had plenty of room to spread out work, computer, what have you. Unfortunately the desk chair did not fit under the desk and was constantly in the way. The oversized chair and ottoman set in the window would be a good place to curl up and read a book. The closet wasn't large, but functional, included robes and had a safe. The linens on the bed were very nice, however the bed itself was not very comfortable. The mattress seemed a bit lumpy. The pillows were great.
The bathroom was huge. It had a nice soaking tub and they supplied bathing salts. The amenities were nice, but nothing very special. The soap with a hole in the middle was unique.
Complimentary coffee and tea in the room was in addition to the snacks provided in the 'living room' common space. Located on the 2nd floor, the living room had a couch, chairs, TV, fireplace and a mini kitchen stocked with fresh fruit, candy, chips, yogurt, string cheese and ice cream.
The complimentary breakfast had a nice variety - muffins, bagels, cream cheese, lox, hot cereal, various sliced fruits, bread for toast among other things. Juice, coffee and tea was also available and to go cups were provided. The morning paper was outside the door in the morning.
Parking was for a fee, $12 and a little steep for the area, especially given the price of the hotel.
All in all, this was a great little in city break on a hot Seattle day. I would like to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the building have less traffic as the living room, with the snacks, is in the mi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

And, we certainly look forward to you coming back. Thank you for staying with us.

I appreciate your many comments; the accolades as well as your constructive commentary.

A few notes:

1. We have received 1/3 of our mattresses in the past two months. The remaining mattresses are scheduled to be replaced in the first quarter of 2013. The new bed - Sealy Beautyrest Georgetown Plush Pillow Tops...they are incredible. The new beds are complemented by our selection of over eight custom pillow types for a restful and rejuvenating slumber.

2. Please know that whether it be the various snacks and amenities offered to our guests (24/7), we endeavor to provide a great value to our guests...including parking. OUr parking rates are 50-60% lower than downtown Seattle and Bellevue hotels and 30-40% lower than all other neighboring hotels here in SeaTac.

I truly hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Cedarbrook Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Indonesian first
Calabasas, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were looking for a place to stay after a late-night arrival at Seatac and stumbled on the Cedarbrook. It's a really tasteful one-of-a-kind place that I'd highly recommend for near-airport lodging. As they emphasize, you'll feel like you're at a resort or a retreat even though you are actually about a mile from the runways.

The service was excellent, although we had a mix-up with our room-type that was comically hard to resolve when we arrived at 1230am: Note to families - they don't have roll-aways. You have to get a 2-bed room. I would also try to get on the second floor. They had a nice breakfast, and the employees were great, especially our awesome doorman/shuttle driver ever helpful person here from Somalia - what a great kid.

The only small caveat I'd mention is also why we stayed here in the first place - its right by the airport, which, if you aren't familiar with Seattle, is quite far South of downtown, and not exactly a prime location. If you're looking for your home base for an extended stay in the city or something, then I'd recommend a more centrally located, and scenic area. There are lots of them. If you want a near-airport hotel, with a shuttle, then this place is the ticket.

Room Tip: Recommend 2nd floor for all the usual reasons. Some of the rooms are quite far from the lobby and re...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for discovering Cedarbrook Lodge...even if it was after midnight.

I am glad you had a great stay...although a 35 minute drive to downtown, we do offer a complimentary shuttle to the SeaTac light rails station - for under $3.00 you will be downtown in 25 minutes.

Thank you as well for recognizing the staff members that made sucha great impression on your during your stay - I will certainly share your comments with all our staff.

I hope to see you at the Lodge in the near future.

Moscow, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Such an oasis by the airport. Lovely grounds, food and customer service. This time we opted for a larger suite - the Dogwood Suite. Nestled in the corner of the building on the main floor. Only wished it was cold enough to run the fireplace.

Only surprise on this trip - is they added valet parking and/or self parking for a fee. Not a big deal but sort of a surprise.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Welcome back home to the comfort and warmth of Cedarbrook Lodge. Thank you for staying with us for your fourth time. I am hopeful we will see you for a fifth stay and more.

On a side note, the parking fees were implemented in September 2011. And although the fee exists, it is 50-60% lower than downtwon Seattle and Bellevue hotels and 30% lower than our neighboring SeaTac hotels. We remain committed to creating value within the marketplace.

See you soon!

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

What a surprise and a delight to find this calm and peaceful oasis so close to SeaTac. The rooms were comfortable (a little more room to room noise than expected) and modern. The common areas (lounges) were full of complimentary items like water, candy, chips, ice cream etc and well stocked all the time. The bar was cozy and at 9am the only place to grab a bite - which was tasty but expensive. The room service was quick and the food was very tasty but again I found the price on the high side. Breakfast was standard continental breakfast buffet fare and I appreciated the amount of space - lots of places to sit and look at the beautiful gardens. For me the price was ok on a snique away deal but otherwise in such a competitive area for my hotel dollars I might go elsewhere - although I would miss the quiet beauty.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Expect the unexpected at Cedarbrook Lodge. I am delighte that you were surprised by our hidden oasis.

I hope we have the opportunity to ahve you as our guest again so that you can enjoy the quiet beauty of our Lodge in the future.

Best regards,
Lindenwold, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I along with some friends stayed at the Cedarbrook Lodge for four nights from 8/10-8/14 while visitning the Seattle area. This hotel is absolutely beautiful and it's so hard to believe that you are so close to Sea-Tac airport! The staff here is so friendly and helpful and kept us feeling at home our entire stay. The common areas of the lodge are beautiful, especially the grounds which are so serene. The room we had was comfortable and large with two very comfy queen beds, a huge desk area with two awesome desk charis, a great chair with ottoman, and was very nicely decorated. The bathroom was very large and had a deep soaking tub. Housekeeping did a good job of keeping the room clean and essentials replenished on a daily basis. The complimentary continental breakfast each morning was awesome and included steel cut oatmeal, fresh made jams, freshly baked goods, hard boiled eggs, and top notch smoked salmon which was such a treat each morning! We ate in the bar area of the hotel's Copperleaf restaurant two nights and while a bit pricey the food was fantastic, the burger they serve may very well be the best I've ever had in my life! Drinks and service were also very good. Another great offering at this hotel is the free snacks offered 24/7 in each buildings living area. There was string cheese, yogurt, candy, potato chips, fruit, ice cream, and bottled water always being replenished. The shuttle service offered by the hotel was also another great feature and it's available 24/7. We used the shuttle to take us to the light rail station and it only costs $2.75 each way to downtoen Seattle which was great! After a busy day of sightseeing it was always great to come home to the lodge and relax. We all loved this hotel and would stay here again in a heartbeat! The only thing that would make this great hotel even better would be if they had a pool/spa area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Cedarbrook Lodge when visiting Seattle with your friends.

I am grateful that you took valuable time out of your day to write such a detailed review.

I look forward to your return visit...And, we willhave a fershly ground (homemade with trimmings from New York Steak and Filet Mignon) waiting for you.

Vancouver, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I love staying here as it is my "Zen" during a busy work schedule. I drive a bit out of my way just to stay here. The staff are extremely gracious and friendly without being overbearing. Quiet, peaceful and restful, just what I need to be energetic the next day! Love Cedarbrook Lodge!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Zen Guest,

I am overjoyed that you found your Zen at Cedarbrook Lodge. There is alot to be said about discovering peace, solitude, relaxation and rejunvenation....especailly after a hard day / week's work.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am hopeful you will visit us again for business, pleasure or for some personal reflection time.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Wonderful hotel, very close to the airport. We took the LINK light rail ($2.75) from downtown to SEATAC airport and arranged to be picked up by shuttle. The driver was very pleasant and very friendly, made small talk and very polite. Quite a different experience from what I normally get from shuttle drivers. What a nice touch. Even when we left at 6:30AM, the driver was also super friendly and courteous!
At check-in, the staff were nice and courteous. She explained the hotel amenities in detail and made us all felt comfortable and not rush.
Our room is nice but it did not have a view (we overlooked another building's roof and a bit of the airport). However, everything in the room is great, we ordered pillow from the "pillow menu" and they were all there. The room is clean, spacious and lovely, the bathroom is spacious and the tub is very large.
The common area has malt balls, chocolate covered raisins, cheese sticks, yogurt and bottled water. Nice touch.
We also dined at the restaurant - Copperleaf. Originally we wanted to take advantage of the happy hour menu and drinks, unfortunately our children are now allowed at the bar area so we sat outside the bar and was unable to take advantage of that happy hour perk. However, we ordered from the Copperleaf Menu and the food was very excellent. The wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable and the food was delicious.
We were impressed by the kids menu, the choices were great! The highlight was the fruit plate, both kids said "oh my, you should taste what I have just tasted!"
Our main dishes arrived very late which was the low point of the meal, but they apologized many times and comped us for some items that we ordered.
All in all, a fab hotel and restaurant and we will go back.

If management is reading this, here are my suggestions (they are minor):
1. The desk chairs in the hotel room cannot be pushed all the way under the desk because of the high armrest, hence taking up space in the room.
2. Water pressure on the shower head is low, I would love a bit more.
3. I like the free bottled water in the common area, but I feel that it is not earth friendly.
4. This happens to most hotel -- the coffee pot is the only way to get hot water for my tea, but that made my tea taste like coffee...

Again, this is a very nice place, I really like it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing Cedarbrook Lodge and for providing detailed feedback regarding your stay.

Although I am pleased you had an excellent stay overall, it is your constructive comments that help us to improve.

I would like to take this opportunity to respond to a few of your comments:

> Bottled water provided complimentary (24/7) to all our guests: The water is bottled from natural sources, lcoally in washington and the bottled themsleves are makde from 65% post-consumer recyled products in conjunction with bio-degradeable pvc. While a truly green "bottle" has not yet been developed, the brand that we carry is one of the most sustaibable products in production.

> In late September, we will be replacing all guestroom coffee-makers with a Keurig brewer. This new brewer will allow for single cup brewing and for the the purpose of recicing hot water for tea in a manner that eliminates the coffee pot and will thereby eliminate any "coffee" taste whatsoever.

On behalf of our entire staff, I remain grateful for your feedback and look forward to your return visit.

Cedarbrook Lodge

Been to Cedarbrook Lodge? Share your experiences!