“Very nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Chicago
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

We stayed here one nite because we had a long layover to Seatac. Room was big, bathroom nice and roomy. Dont know what other people saw, I thought it was pretty modern looking. Would stay again, even for more than 1 nite!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

Short but sweet. The cleanliness is excellent, we didn't like the night waitress and shower stopper didn't work. So my husband and I couldn't take a hot bath together. When my husband took a shower he had to unscrew the stopper just to take a shower because then it stopped up the water!!! what the hell? We will not ever stay there again!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

Hotel rooms are much nicer than we expected, for an airport hotel, that is generally used for overnight stays in order to catch early flights. We needed room for several nights as we explored the area. I most appreciated the free WiFi...& the convenience of rental cars, airport shuttle, restaurants and hotel location were essential. (just down the road from Southcenter Mall & Silver Dollar Casino)
On business trips to Seattle, I often stay at the Double Tree Hotel next door, and the service, comfort & aminities are much better here at the Red Lion...

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

I searched for hours on the internet to find a reasonably priced, convenient, and comfortable hotel near SeaTac. The Red Lion fulfilled my expectations. It seems to be recently renovated and the rooms are clean and nicely furnished and include free wifi connection. Shuttle bus service got me to the hotel in five minutes. Front desk was friendly, efficient and helpful. I have no complaints and would highly recommend it, because it deserves to be noticed for its good effort at professional hospitality.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
worldclassnonrever
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

The airline I work for put me up at this hotel for a couple of months, so I went a couple months with inadequate sleep. The people that work there are pretty nice usually. The shuttle service is amazing...now on to the not so good stuff. The AC does not work at all during the day time in the summer. I think it's just an old system and can't keep up. It works great at night though, even though you could just open a window. During the day it was hot and extremely stuffy. I had to call the front desk and ask for a fan, which they found one for me. It helped a little. This hotel is also extremely noisy. You might as well not have a door, you can hear everything that happens in the hallway. Also, you can hear all of your neighbors conversations among other things. If you just looking for a decent hotel near the airport at a reasonable price, I recommend the Holiday Inn Express down the road. I stayed there for a couple months also, much better!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Us: Paid $40 (plus taxes) for one night when arriving late and transferring to a cruise the next day.

GOOD
- Free shuttle that runs the airport about every 15 minutes
- Staff were very friendly and helpful with questions
- Room was nice with plenty of room and clean
- Rooms were quiet

BAD
- No restaurant in the hotel (there is some place right next door or a Denny's a few blocks down the street)

BOTTOM LINE - really, I can't find much to complain about, in particular at the price we paid. This is 5 minutes from the airport, so nice for going/coming. There is certainly nothing in the intermediate area though, so I don't know why anyone would stay here for an extended vacation.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Harrogate, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

I was put up in this place by my airline. I knew a little of the Red Lion hotel history, once a part of the Hilton Family for a short time, Hilton converted the good hotels to a Hilton or Doubletree then selling off the less appealing hotels. Well this is a less then appealing hotel. The check in staff was slow and clueless. I was given a room with 2 beds, I said it is just me, I only need 1 bed. She told be 1 bed is more money. OK.. I walk to my room, open the door and the smell of room was overwhelming, they had to use a can of spy to make it smell "good??" There was an old post-a-note on the floor, the lamp shade was not on straight, and just musty. The 2 beds were covered in the old hotel style, with a big smelly comforter, and thin sheets. There was no remote for the TV in the room, I called the desk and was told people take them. I A/C was loud and not very cooling. The bathroom was ok but small. They market themselves as a full service hotel, it reminds me of a super 8 when I walked in. the restaurant was an add on to the side and you have to go outside to get there.. The restaurant was like an IHOP. The staff was bad, no bell man to help with bags. No service not full service. The internet was free there is a positive. Over all there is so many other places to stay around SEA airport there is no reason to stay here. Oh and the person in the room above me uses the bathroom a lot. I can here it in my room..

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!