“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 34 hotels in SeaTac
Washougal, Washington, United States
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Had a wonderful time at this Red Lion as I usually do. Staff is excellent and well trained in customer service and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Everyone was very helpful and made great recommendations to other restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Jennifer K, Sales Admin Associate at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. Our number one priority is to ensure our guests are comfortable and feel at home. We look forward to your next visit.

Melissa R
Sales Admin Associate
Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport

472 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I have stayed on I drive a few times for Airline interviews at the Marriott down the road. This was my first time staying here. I arrived at 9pm on a Monday nt. I needed to have dinner and get to bed early. Their is a park N Fly lot next to the hotel. Parking is limited in the front for the hotel, and parking in the back in dark and creepy. I ask about the restaurant Gregory's and the front desk told me it was good. I walked over to eat and it was more of a bar with a few really drunk Men smoking out front and only a few Men inside drinking. The Bartender said they closed at 9. I ask the front desk where to go and they sent me to the Coins restaurant a few blocks down open all night. It was very pricey restaurant reminded me of a Casino. The room had old and new mixed deco. The hotel needs to finish updating the rooms. The area is pretty scary at night. It's near the city bus and the airport is right there. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: There isn't a room with a view there only a parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer K, Sales Admin Associate at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value both positive and negative feedback. I am sorry to hear that you had a less than ideal experience with our restaurant and parking. Gregory's Restaurant is a popular place for local Karaoke and we have quite a few regular customers that frequent the lounge. Our Karaoke has been going strong for 26 years now. Our Park N' fly lot is fenced, secure, and has 24 hour security personnel to keep an eye on travelers' cars while they are out of town. I do understand your concern as we are in a major metropolitan city near the Airport Strip. We do hope you had a comfortable stay and hope you will give our property another chance the next time you visit the Seattle area.

Stanwood Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Solid hotel, outstanding service, directly across street from SEATAC Airport, good restaurant/bar on property and Master Park valet service in a secured lot on premise. We've done this now 3 times and it's our only choice so long as their pricing remains fantastic! It may be a few dollars more but for the peace of mind, location and vehicle storage along with food/drink/free shuttle....can't go wrong!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. We are so happy you choose our property for our Park N' Fly Package. MasterPark has a wonderful Valet staff who ensure vehicles are safe while guests travel out of town. We look forward to your next visit. We will pass on the compliment to MasterPark.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

This hotel is far better than the "official" rating suggests. It is not new but it is clean and comfortable and the staff are very friendly. Gregory's Grill is good value and convenient. I use this hotel for "Park and Fly", and feel secure leaving my car with the Masterpark staff at the hotel entrance and knowing that it will be waiting for me at the hotel when I get back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your positive feedback and are happy to hear that your Park N' fly experience is memorable at our hotel. Our MasterPark staff is wonderful and guests can rest assured that their cars are cared for 24 hours a day. Gregory's Restaurant does have delicious menu items as well as Karaoke Wednesday - Saturday nights. We look forward to your next Park N' Fly stay with us.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We booked the hotel as part of a park and stay package. When we checked in and left our car we were told the shuttle to the airport runs continually so no need to call when you return. On our return we waited but no shuttle. When we called, we were told you had to call for the shuttle. Upon arrival we should have been suspicious when the front doors were blocked open by a fan. Seattle had experienced record heat so we didn't take note. When we arrived in our room it was stifling hot. No AC. The front desk indicated it was out in the entire hotel. It seems as though they might have mentioned it when we checked in. We were told the manager was "out buying fans". We had traveled for over 20 hours so we finally gave up on the fan and put out the "do not disturb" sign. About an hour later (1:00 am) we were awakened by someone who delivered a fan. The fan helped but it was still almost impossible to sleep.

At checkout, we expected an acknowledgement of the problem or maybe even an apology. Nothing was forthcoming. I later looked back at TripAdvisor reviews and noticed an HVAC problem for two weeks earlier. I would avoid this property. It is in desperate need of renovation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer K, Sales and Catering Assistant at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write and review and please please please accept our apology for having been here during the complete failure of our air conditioning system! Our offices were just as hot as the guest rooms, so we know exactly what kind of heat you dealt with. We did our best to get fans to our guests and to make them aware of what was going on, but of course any situation like this won't always run smoothly. We are currently working on fixing our air conditioning so that no one has this kind of experience with us again.

Best,

Jennifer K
Sales and Catering Assistant
Bay Area, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is your average airport hotel. I think I got it at $60 a night, and I wouldn't pay much more than that honestly.

The decor was old and overall the hotel was just super depressing. It appears that they have tried to "freshen" it up a bit by adding a bunch granite in the bathroom, etc but the 70s thermostat gives it away.

I'm not sure if it's some trend in the past, or just something I've noticed with hotels of this caliber, but the room was giant. Honestly, I'd rather have a super small room that's really nice than a giant room that's just meh.

It is a little interesting to me because earlier in this trip we stayed at a Red Lion in downtown Seattle that was _much_ nicer than this one. I have to wonder how these hotels handle branding when it comes to the vastly different experiences you get at the same chain. Since this one was much cheaper than the downtown Seattle hotel I don't feel "cheated" or anything like that, it's just a warning to make sure you read the reviews before booking :)

I must say though, the free shuttle to and from the hotel was nice because we came into Seattle from Clipper on the light rail and the shuttle saved us from somehow crossing a freeway. I just called up the hotel and they sent the shuttle right over.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hilo, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed over night to catch an early morning flight. I was staying at a Red Lion in Olympia. The bed and sleeping accommodations were great. The beds are a comfortable as any very good hotel. The rooms are small compared to Olympia, but for one night, I recommend highly. Only drawback is no complimentary breakfast, but there is a reasonably priced restaurant next door 50 feet from the front door with a lounge and bar within. I got a burger and beer on my evening arrival before sleeping. The shuttle to the airport was short with minimal wait. I was on the plane in less than 30 minutes. Priced right, I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Been to Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!